Disney Songs Rankdown (Winner Posted)

Steven_

The Mob Song

The original Beauty and the Beast hasn't lost any of its songs. The remake of Beauty and the Beast has lost of all of songs.  I figured it was time for the original to take a hit.  I picked the worst song in the movie, so its not a big loss.  This is the point in the movie when the Beast really does love Belle, as he lets her leave the Castle to go to her Father.  However she is not able to return to the beast as Gaston has rallied a mob of villagers to attack the beast.  He also uses them to detain Belle. The song has moments, but I still enjoy it least.

Save: He Mele No Lilo from Lilo & Stitch

So This Is Love (Cinderella)

True to Your Heart (Mulan)

Strangers Like Me (Tarzan)

Walk the Llama Llama (The Emperor's New Groove)

One Day She'll Love Me (The Emperor's New Groove)

In Summer (Frozen)

For the First Time in Forever (Reprise) (Frozen)

When I Am Older (Frozen II)

Love Power (Disenchanted)

This Wish (Wish)

This Is Me (Camp Rock)

Get'cha Head In The Game (High School Musical)

What Time Is It? (High School Musical 2)

Lava (Lava)

What Time Is It?

What Time Is It? Summer Time!  Its the intro song to High School Musical 2.  The song itself is alright and states what that all the kids are looking forward to their vacations together while School is over. Its got fun dance breaks in it, but its a pretty generic song. Lots of the songs in the second movie feel that way.  I have cut a lot of high school musical two songs.  This is at least my third cut from this movie, and that's because I only think 2 songs from it are worth keeping in the game. So yea, bye to this one too.

Save: Love Power

"LAVA"

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95218321rti6rwaunkmq3

This is a song I hadn't heard before, and among the nominated songs, I'm okay with cutting it, especially since I nominated it earlier this round. The song supports the story of "Lava", a short film released in 2014. It was apparently released alongside Inside Out in theaters, but I didn't see Inside Out in the theater, so this is my first time hearing the song and the short.  The song, with a duration of about 5 minutes, was written by James Ford Murphy, who also directed the short film. I appreciate how the song narrates the story and it's very reminiscent of Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's version of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow", which apparently inspired James Ford Murphy for this song. We can say he absolutely succeeded in his mission. The song's highlights occur around the 4-minute mark when Nāpua Greig joins Kuana Torres Kahele's voice. While I do like the song, it's too late to change my mind considering my write-up is done, and even then, I'm unsure about what I would cut among the nominated songs.

SAVING: FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER (REPRISE)

Walk the Llama Llama

This movie has a couple short songs but it is not a full blown musical which is why you are struggling to remember where this song happened in the film. I'm not even sure it did. This is a song sung by Rascal Flatts for the soundtrack. So it's not by any of the main characters and it's not really part of progressing any plot and it's just over 2 minutes long and doesn't really grab me. I haven't heard this on any current Disney radio but I bet it was a bit more prominent on those playlists a couple decades ago when there was less to choose from. I have zero connection/memory/attachment/recollection/interest in this track which is why it gets cut. Despite being from a top fave film, this song probably should have been cut a couple rounds ago.

Save Get'cha Head In The Game one of the few songs from this series that I actually know/like

True to Your Heart (Mulan)

I am cutting this despite being the biggest DCOM hater but that's because I am the biggest DCOM hater. I don't want to have to re-listen to a CAMP ROCK song. So this is gone instead because 1) It's a credits song and 2) If you think Mulan this is like the LAST song that comes to mind. It's no "Reflection" or "I'll Make a Man Out of You" it's not even the "Reflection (Pop Version)" done by Christina Aguilera. This is 98 Degrees song. 98 DEGREES. Like the 5th boy band you are going to think of in the boy band era. They are behind: NSync, Backstreet Boys, New Kids on the Block, Boyz II Men. Literally Entertainment Weekly lists them at FIVE. I also think now what I'd like to see with a movie like Mulan, I'd like to see more songs with like an obvious Chinese influence. I think that would happen today. Anyway, least memorable Mulan song with second tier boy band group. Easy cut.

Saving: So This is Love

33 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Save This Is Me 

Cut In Summer

(Though willing to change my cut as I am going to listen to the songs to see which one I least like in a little bit.)

22 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

(Though willing to change my cut as I am going to listen to the songs to see which one I least like in a little bit.)

Okay changing cut to One Day She'll Love Me (The Emperor's New Groove)

• Like 1

One Day She'll Love Me 

"One Day She'll Love Me" is from the 2000 American animated fantasy comedy film, The Emperor's New Groove. I feel like it's been forever since I seen this movie and this is one of those songs I do not remember nor does it really stand out that much to me? "One Day She'll Love Me" is sung by Sting and Shawn Colvin. I'm not sure and can't find how the song is used in the movie. I don't think it's for the above video? But I did find this really cute montage video of Kuzco & Malina set to this song. It's really cute and enjoyable to watch. The song is nice where Sting and Shawn Colvin do a nice job singing this song. Sadly, this is the song that made the least impact on me when listening to the remaining options and I don't really have much else to say about the song other than that it is nice.

Saving: This Is Me

Strangers Like Me

I'm not gonna lie, Phil Collins' voice didn't do anything for me. Was this song actually in the movie? If so, i have no recollection of it so obviously it didn't leave that big of an impression on me. My least favorite part of this song is probably the chorus. Phil Collins' vocals in that part just aren't bad but thy just aren't for me there. Anyways so yeah I overall just don't really enjoy this song, it's not really the type of music that I usually listen to, and I honestly probably wont  ever listen to this again unless I watch the Lion King again

Save: In Summer

When I Am Older

a2225670-f4fb-4797-a062-56664c02ca30-olaf-e1612465596188.jpg

That shot of Olaf without his nose was nightmare fuel. Anyways, Olaf sucks. Just the worst part of the Frozen movies easily. I still haven't seen Wish, and probably never will, but I couldn't pass the opportunity to cut an Olaf song. I also still don't understand the physics of Olaf, but I'm not gonna get into that right now. I'm still not sure if Olaf actually is a fan favorite amongst kids, or if they just pushed him really hard so we just assume he is. I feel like Elsa & Anna are infinitely more popular, but that's also neither here nor there. Anyways, this song. It's okay I guess. It's about Olaf fighting his fears and figuring he'll be able to understand it all when he's older. I feel like there's two different things happening in this song that really don't go together? Is this a song about facing your fears or a song about maturing? Because when you get older I suppose you are able to face some of your fears more, but I feel like these two themes are a bit mutually exclusive and the song didn't do a good job of bringing them together. But most importantly, I'm cutting this because Olaf sucks.

Save This Wish

Okay I'm happy that the Olaf song I preferred got saved. :haha: I need to remember that song going forward before trying to save it again (unless it's my least favorite amongst the noms). :haha: 

On 2/21/2024 at 2:31 PM, Steven_ said:

If you miss the 24 hour deadline, then your turn will be skipped and we'll move on to the next ranker.

You won't get to nominate at all for the cycle if you miss the deadline. If this happens, then there'll be an extra nomination round at the end of the cycle to make up for the missed nomination round. This is for math purposes. So, for example, there needs to be 56 songs eliminated this round even if a ranker or two don't post their nominations on time. This hypothetical round will have rankers privately PM me nominations, and then I'll randomize them. 

Before this cycle ends, we'll have to do a makeup round.

All rankers must privately PM me a list of songs to be nominated for elimination. Everyone's top 2 will be nominated, but send me extra songs in case anyone picks the same songs. 

Instead of randomizing, I'll go through everyone's list one at a time in the order received to compile the 14 nominations. I will not reveal who nominated what.

Please send me your nominations in an existing PM thread (no need to create a new thread) ASAP. 

@Alex95 @*Chris @FrogLenzen @erik g @totes4totes @Solaris @*Wallace