Disney Songs Rankdown (Winner Posted)

Steven_

Knowing What I Know Now

I desperately want to like Wish. I am a KNOWN Ariana DeBose stan. I like Chris Pine. But the movie just really has no direction or innovation. I like most of the people behind this movie with the writers and director of Frozen II and co-director Fawn Veerasunthorn          who has worked on many other Disney movies. But it all just feels like very paint by the numbers. I don't really know what went wrong. If anything went wrong. Maybe the churn of Disney having to crank out these movies needs a break. I don't know, But nothing about this movie screams must watch from the music to the actual movie. Disney needs to take a break and reset. And when you have an original Disney movie that can't generate a catchy song despite having great talent behind it all, it's an issue. I'm not worried about Disney as a whole but I am worried about Disney in the now and maybe they need a hard reset after a failure or several.

Saving: CANDLE IN THE WATER

"PERFECT ISN'T EASY"

(OLIVER AND COMPANY)

qChptI.gif

There's a few songs that I like being nominated, but I must save one of the superior reprises, in my opinion. As always, we must also cut one song, so I am going with one that I have no connection to or any recollection from ever hearing or seeing - the song in question is "Perfect Isn't Easy" from "Oliver and Company". The song is introduced in the film when the audience is introduced to Georgette as she transforms herself. This song helps paint a portrait of Georgette, who is very much into herself, living the grand life, and winning all these titles. The song itself gives me an Old Hollywood vibe, which I do like, and I think it goes perfectly with the scene. Overall, it's not one that I can justify saving, so, therefore, it's being eliminated from the rankdown.

SAVING: FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER (REPRISE)

All Is Found

f3ac66359309466e865349dec93ed1f11a7ccb00

Oh I forgot Evan Rachel Wood was in this movie, that's a queen right there. Her cover of "What's Up" for Robin Wright is on youtube and it changed my life. Onto this song that is not as good as What's Up. This is, I guess, a lullaby Anna & Elsa's mom sings to them at the start of Frozen II. I watched Frozen II when I was sick once just to say I watched it. Most of the songs didn't really stick with me. Ironically the second boot Lost in the Woods was one of the two that stuck with me the most lol. Anyways, this song is nice. It's a bit haunting, though also a bit boring. Though I suppose it's a lullaby it's not supposed to get you up and dancing. Similar to "Stay Awake" from Mary Poppins, but I prefer the irony of that one. Not a bad song, but I like most of the nominees lol.

Save What's This

REMAINING

Touch the Sky (Brave)
Ichabod Crane (The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad)
The Bells of Notre Dame (Reprise) (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
My Funny Friend and Me (The Emperor's New Groove)
Happy Working Song (Enchanted)
Thomas O'Malley Cat (The Aristocats)
Grim Grinning Ghosts (Walt Disney World Rides & Attractions)
Kidnap the Sandy Claws (The Nightmare Before Christmas)

Happy Working Song

This concept is actually hysterical. She has princess powers to make animals help her like in Cinderella or Snow White or whatever except she's in the city so the only animals are pigeons and rats and bugs lmao. HOWEVER this is the song with roaches and I cannot tolerate that. Roaches are the worst thing in the whole world. It's a severe phobia I have lol. Which makes this possibly one of the scariest scenes in all of Disney for me. Literally have to close my eyes. And yes I live in Tampa under a giant oak tree so I'm never safe, it's very sad actually. On the other hand, the concept of the animals song is much much stronger than this actual music/melody/lyrics, so I'll try not to feel too guilty about this cut. 

Save the rizz song Thomas O'Malley Cat

The Bells of Notre Dame (Reprise)

I just woke up and saw this and thought it was the original and got confused.  Thankfully its not the original, so that I can cut it! I relistened to this and I still really like it for the like 45 seconds of singing it has.  From what I remember The Bells of Notre Dame (Reprise) closes out the movie, and is what we hear before the credits roll.  It leasts a good question about what the difference between monster and man?  Is it the physical like Quasimodo or is the ugly personality and prejudice like Claude Frollo.  Thats a good question to ponder in life.

Save: Touch the Sky

Edited by Solaris

REMAINING
My Funny Friend and Me (The Emperor's New Groove)
Grim Grinning Ghosts (Walt Disney World Rides & Attractions)
Kidnap the Sandy Claws (The Nightmare Before Christmas)

Grim Grimming Ghosts

If you listen to this volume loud and in the dark it's actually kinda scary lol. After doing research, this song isn't from a movie, it's the theme song for the Haunted Mansion? This song definitely fits that vibe, and that vibe is not for me. Aside from stuff like "Thriller", halloween-vibes songs have never really been for me personally, so that makes this an easy cut. Honestly, listening to this, I barely take this seriously as an actual song lol. The tempo changes were not for me.  Also, it's kinda too long which made it hard to get through. 

Save: My Funny Friend And Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=armKM1-kYY8&ab_channel=MyJakeman1

So it's actually a bit hard to figure out which song this exactly is. The official soundtrack lists three official Bing Crosby songs on it ("Katrina" and "The Headless Horseman" are the other two) but the actual movie has a few more bits and bobs. I do believe that it's officially referring to the song that starts at about 2:52 in this medley, which is essentially the intro medley of the The Legend of Sleepy Hollow portion of The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad. The link below actually has the opening scene introducing Ichabod. I think I prefer the Mr. Toad/Wind in the Willows portion of this anthology more but The Legend of Sleepy Hollow was maybe the first Disney movie to really scare me. It's scary! Especially when you are a child! But this is pretty standard stuff. Nothing too memorable. It introduces Ichabod in the exact style as you'd expect from a song sung by Bing Crosby in 1949. "Katrina" would have been the better song to include in this than "Ichabod."

Saving: Kidnap the Sandy Claws

After Today (A Goofy Movie)

I 2 I (A Goofy Movie)

I Just Can't Wait to Be King (Lion King)

Hakuna Matata (Lion King)

Mother Knows Best (Reprise) (Tangled)

The Tummy Song (Winnie the Pooh)

Love Is an Open Door (Frozen)

Carrying the Banner (Newsies)

Hoedown Throwdown (The Hannah Montana Movie)

Get'cha Head In The Game (High School Musical)

Substitutiary Locomotion (Bedknobs and Broomsticks)

The Second Star to the Right (Peter Pan)

You Can Fly! (Peter Pan)

Johnnie Fedora and Alice Bluebonnet (Make Mine Music)