Disney Songs Rankdown (Winner Posted)

Steven_

Shiny

5332c88d-d920-4932-b462-2aa5fc88bfa9.jpg

I almost cut this last cycle, but my loyalty to villain songs continually stopped me despite the fact that it is easily one of the worst Disney songs ever produced. I'm sad it wasn't any better tbh. A Bowie-inspried villain song from Jemaine Clement? Sign me up! Not that Clement is some sort of top-tier singer, but I love Flight of the Concords and he's good at relying on humor when his vocals are up to par. And I think that's kind of what they were going for here. But it just doesn't fit in the movie. First of all, this character never shows up again. It's hard to get attached to a song or a character that's just in one scene. It almost feels like it belongs in a different movie, but the movie got scrapped but they still like the song so they just stuck it in some random scene in Moana. The rest of the movie's songs are very inspired by Polynesian music while this is some sort of pop-rock anthem? And while that genre is one that appeals to me at times, the song is just all over the place. There's nothing catchy about it to really grab me. Apparently Lin-Manuel Miranda actually wrote this song, and I see that (derogatory). LMM is so weird for me because the either creates absolutely magic or just completely misses. And this is one of his misses.

Save Carrying the Banner

My Lovey-Dovey Baby

51a4392bca06501cbeb96c849d8e025d675600f9

Is Newsies good? Unfortunately, that's not something I can tell you for sure. What I can tell you is I grew up watching the movie, like, once a week because me, my cousin, and my sister were obsessed with it. So I have a huge soft spot for it and am very connected to it for nostalgia reasons. Ann-Margret was wasted in the movie though. She does have High Times, Hard Times which I prefer and would've rather seen last longer than this. But like I said, it's splitting hairs because both are kinda the two weakest songs of the movie. My Lovey-Dovey Baby is barely a song. Ann-Margret plays Medda, a performer who is friends with the protagonist Jack. Jack and his buddies show up towards the end of her performance and we see just a bit of Medda performing this. It's a short number and, to be frank, not a very good one. Ann-Margret will always have "Bye Bye Birdie" though

Save Oogie Boogie's Song

Part of Your World (Reprise)

I'm feeling one in two ways about this cut. I don't really like to cut something from The Little Mermaid THIS soon.... but also at the same time, we lost over 80 songs and this is just a reprise of a song that's already represented here, so it's not too soon. "Part of Your World" is certainly one of the most memorable songs of this film and it's still here and should do well. "Part of Your World (Reprise)" is sung by Ariel once again... and in this sence, this is where Ariel rescues Prince Eric, whom she fell in love with, as she saves his life from drowning. Ariel sounds really beautiful and stunning here. This version only features a bit of the song. 

saving: Moment of Truth

REMAINING

Daughters of Triton

Don't Run Away

Heffalumps and Woozles

Hip Hip Pooh-Ray!

I Don't Dance**

If Only

It's Gonna Be Great

I've Got a Dream

Man or Muppet

My Own Home

Say it with a Slap

Someday My Prince Will Come

The Backson Song

The Rain, Rain, Rain, Came Down, Down, Down

The Tummy Song

The World Es Mi Familia**

What I Said

When You Wish Upon a Star

** Currently claimed

Edited by Steven_

I DON'T DANCE

(HIGH SCHOOL  MUSICAL 2)

8ee705466443eba37edb52568ef054e813ca989e.gifv0a527d6892e7301ba37ccaef56e8ecf79630561d.gifv

662f2d1b5911270494cad00495565f9937753c2b.gifv44acfe89b4573189627eb1ebe1f3716ee9006639.gifv

High School Musical 2's soundtrack featured songs that I either really liked or didn't care for, and this one falls into the indifferent category. Given the context of the song, taking place during the baseball practice, it seems like an attempt to recreate another "Get’cha Head in the Game" moment, but it didn't really have the same impact. It also feels inserted into the movie to provide a storyline or a song for some characters, especially given that Ryan is not featured as much in this one. While the song isn't terrible by any means, it's also not particularly memorable in terms of the film - it ain't "Fabulous" or "Gotta Go My Own Way" or "Bet On It" or "What Time Is It:. The most interesting aspect of this song/scene is that it started some speculation about a potential homoerotic relationship between Ryan and Chad when they are shown wearing each other's clothes after the practice. 

SAVING: THE WORLD ES MI FAMILIA

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Solaris said:

but you didn't.

Lol I know but still wanted to mention it. :haha: 

4 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

tumblr_oy4m8mZFnp1wzypxlo1_640.gif

Part of Your World (Reprise) is a fair cut since it's a reprise, but it does have one of the most iconic Disney shots. 

lol yeah I was thinking that when rewatching the scene. :lmao: 

REMAINING

Daughters of Triton

Don't Run Away

Heffalumps and Woozles

Hip Hip Pooh-Ray!

If Only

It's Gonna Be Great

I've Got a Dream

Man or Muppet

My Own Home

Say it with a Slap

Someday My Prince Will Come

The Backson Song

The Rain, Rain, Rain, Came Down, Down, Down

The Tummy Song

What I Said

When You Wish Upon a Star

Don't Run Away

I've already tried to cut one song from this DCOM but that one was saved (sure) but I listened to this one before I cut it and it's bad. The other song was SO MUCH BETTER. "More than a like like, more than a love." And then my entire soul left my body and what's left is an empty husk because I cringed so hard. I'm sorry this entire song is like baby's first rap. I am thrilled for Tyler James Williams that people like me had no idea that he has this on his resume because he gets to play the fantastic Gregory Eddie on Abbott Elementary and nobody who watches that show also watched this DCOM I'm pretty sure. They went straight from Everybody Hates Chris to Abbott. Also I'm sorry, the autotuning of his voice during all of this makes him sound awful.

Here's some more lowlights:

"You're more than meets the eye
Girl you pterodactyl fly"

"You're like my favorite movie
Play it and rewind it
'Cause baby you're the finest"

"I tried to send her flowers
But she has no address
Her home is in my heart
It's like she never left"

I'm screaming.

Saving: Heffalumps and Woozles

• Confused 1

I've Got a Dream

People are really wilding aren't they. We've got like songs from a million DCOMs and mediocre live action remakes of animated classics and yet we are nominating some of the most iconic songs in Disney history. I really wanted to save another Winnie the Pooh song, but I'm afraid if I don't save "When You Wish Upon a Star" it AND "Someday My Prince Will Come" will both get cut. This way at least one of those gets saved and makes it through. Anyway, I don't really like Tangled and Zachary Levi being a whole ass makes it easier to not like. As far as I'm concerned the only songs worth re-listening to are Mother Gothel's. This is fine. But I didn't remember it at all. There are better Disney tavern songs ("Gaston" being the highlight). There are better Disney songs.

Saving: When You Wish Upon a Star

12 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

i know for a fact that all your children listen to is rihanna and megan thee stallion

pay attention everyone! This is the mark of a good friend. They listen to what you tell them and they aren't afraid to call you out.

• Haha 1