Disney Songs Rankdown (Winner Posted)

Steven_

Niamos! (Morlana Club Mix)

Niamos! (Morlana Club Mix) is a song that is featured in the Star Wars Series Andor (airing on Disney +).  I decided to cut Niamos because its just orchestral. When listening to both this and Pilgrim, I liked Pilgrim more.  Niamos! (Morlana Club Mix) is a recently released track (just last year!). I don't really think it fits the theme of the rankdown and that makes it my second reason for deciding to eliminate it from the rankdown. My apologies to whoever decided to bring it into the game. I haven't seen the series yet, and have no attachment to this song.

VETO: The Climb

Edited by Solaris

If you're a Star Wars fan Andor is a must watch. Greatest piece of Star Wars media since the original trilogy. I even recommend it to non-Star Wars tv fans because as a standalone it's still one of the greatest seasons of television.

Excuse me Try Everything was part of the movie when bunnycop pressed the play button on her bunnyipod during the train trip into Zootopia for the first time and they showed all the montages of the habitats smh hdu 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Excuse me Try Everything was part of the movie when bunnycop pressed the play button on her bunnyipod during the train trip into Zootopia for the first time and they showed all the montages of the habitats smh hdu 

Take it up with the Disney.fandom who only mentions the end credits scene!!!!

Nobody Knows

I really struggled on what to do with my final cut for now as I was all over the place and could have considered cutting anything out there. I was going to leave the following song alone since it's the only song represented for Pete's Dragon but I changed my mind. Ultimately, I decided on "Nobody Knows." "Nobody Knows" is a song performed by The Lumineers from the 2016 movie, Pete's Dragon. I don't really recall hearing about this movie, and I never seen it. I'm also not much of a The Lumineers fan at all, so it's an easy cut for me. This song is nice enough and has a nice chill vibe to it but it doesn't really scream or give me a strong Disney or Pixar vibe.  The scenes from Pete's Dragon looks good. But this song didn't make an impact on me so I'm fine with cutting it now.

Saving: Bop to the Top

THIS IS THE THANKS I GET

(WISH)

036cf1877aa7fb697260131f0ca0c8c96542c22b.gif

"This Is The Thanks I Get" is a song from Disney's latest animated musical film, "Wish" - a film that I have yet to see, and I am sure many rankers also haven't seen it. The track features Chris Pine who portrays the role of King Magnifico, the main antagonist.  Since the start of the cycle, I knew I wanted to cut a song from the film so the decision to cut this song was influenced by the fact that it did not featured Ariana DeBose.  Upon listening to the song, I wasn't particularly impressed by it. In term of creativity, it certainly lacked some - it certainly echoed some Disney and Pixar musical style from other films where the songwriters (Julia Michael and Benjamin Rice) attempted to replicate a Lin Manuel Miranda song like "You're Welcome".  Furthermore, the song didn't truly felt like an antagonist film - villain songs in Disney films are usually memorable. This song doesn't seem to stand out as one of the most memorable from "Wish", and some Youtube users commented that it "doesn't even sound like a villain song. This sounds like a millennial talking to their dog".  While Chris Pine may not be the strongest singer, he did the best he could with the material provided. Whether it's the lyrics, lack of creativity, or not fitting the antagonist vibe, the song is far from being one of Disney's finest songs in recent years. I'd even say that they should perhaps continue to hire musical composers rather than pop songwriters for their film soundtracks.

SAVING: TOUCH THE SKY

• Confused 1

A VERY IMPORTANT THING TO DO

(WINNIE THE POOH)

c6bd7d8c593b336cef52c4f1667a972b.gif

Written and composed by Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez for "Winnie the Pooh," released in 2011, "A Very Important Thing To Do" is one of the shortest entries in the rankdown, clocking in at 47 seconds. Sung by Zoey Deschanel, who performed three songs for the film, this short piece is played during Pooh's task of informing everyone in the woods about Eeyore's missing tail. Given how short this song is, there isn't much to really say about it so I guess we could say that song fits the scene accordingly. Fun fact, brought to you by Disney Wiki, the song was used in a Christmas advert for a British furniture company. Anyway, considering its lenght, cutting this song seems more than reasonable.

SAVING: CARRIED ME WITH YOU

Edited by *Chris

FLESH & BONE

(ZOMBIES 2)

0681146940948f1dafd80c60b46cf0cd.gif

I've never watched the Zombies franchise; My knowledge of it is pretty much limited to Milo's participation in Dancing With The Stars. Of the two songs included in this rankdown, "Flesh & Bone" is the one I like the least - however, both songs are pretty mediocre. This song, featured in the sequel, is an ensemble number and you would think it would be a big number but it falls flat from achieving that. The song starts a bit to an upbeat tempo and takes an unexpected turn near the end when Milo's character appears and start singing a ballad. We then see a montage of his relationship with one of the characters, and it just seems out of place. The song seems to aim for a "We're All In This Together" moment but again, it falls short. It is far from being a memorable song, wether in term of Disney Channel or Disney as whole.  In my opinion, "Calling All The Monsters" better captures the Zombie/Monster vibe, and I hate myself for not including it in the rankdown, especially the 2021 remake featured in Under Wraps.

SAVING: WHAT ELSE CAN I DO

• Confused 1

MY ONCE UPON A TIME

(DESCENDANTS 3)

FG43sE.gif

By now, it's no surprise that I'm cutting another song from a Disney Channel Original Movie. It's easier for me to cut them as I'm not as attached, compared to the majority of Disney and Pixar's movies in this rankdown. This song is from the final installment of The Descendants, and it is performed by Dove Cameron, an underrated singer deserving of more recognition outside of the DCOM world.  This comes across as Mal's penultimate solo song in the movie and the series - one could say that it's a bit overly cheesy. It aims to look at her life journey. Dove Cameron has quite a few songs in the series but this is probably one of her weaker songs, in my opinion. It is obvious that they tried  to recreate the success of "If Only," one of the superior songs in the series. Unlike "If Only", this song does not stand on its own and it needs the movie to really stand out.

One Song

01.jpg

Who the hell cares about The Prince? We don't even give the dude a name, yet I'm supposed to care about a one minute song he sings? Nope. Tbh I thought I was done and realized I still had one left and I was gonna wait till the Grammys end, but I'll probably pass out right after so lemme just sneak this in now. The Prince sings this to Snow White on their first meeting. She was clearly touched. I was unmoved. The Evil Queen was hating it, gurl me too. He tells her this is his only song and he never sings again so I guess that's true. There is only one song he knows in the entire world and he decides to sign it now. I'm glad it seemingly works out between these crazy kids because it probably shouldn't have.

Save What's This?

Edited by Alex95

"I WONDER"

(SLEEPING BEAUTY)

522b37e02ba8cd90c7e32c5a9c8da9e934c21aa7.gif

As Alex mentioned in his write-up for "Hail to the Princess Aurora", Sleeping Beauty is not a movie that often comes to mind when thinking about Disney's greatest soundtracks. To be honest, I didn't even know it had other songs besides "Once Upon a Dream". But apparently, there are two more songs, one of which has already been cut, and now I'm cutting the other one - "Once Upon a Dream" deserves to be the last song standing from that movie. I don't remember much about Sleeping Beauty, as it's probably one of my least favorite Disney Princess movies and it falls a bit on the boring side. So it seems that the song is sung by Aurora early in the movie, when she goes in the forest, which could explain why one may not remember it.  When listening to it, there's nothing that really stands out, and I actually find that it kind of ends abruptly. Oh, like other songs in the movie, it was inspired by a ballet!

WRITE-UPS

Alex: 10/10 ☑️

Chris: 10/10 ☑️

Derek: 10/10 ☑️

Elliott: 0/10

Erik: 6/10

Megan: 10/10 ☑️

Sola: 10/10 ☑️

Wallace: 10/10 ☑️

VETOES

Alex: 2/3

Chris: 1/3

Derek: 3/3

Elliott: 3/3

Erik: 3/3

Megan: 3/3

Sola: 2/3

Wallace: 3/3

We're just missing write-ups from Elliott and Erik. If they don't post their write-ups by tonight, then anyone can claim those cuts/saves.

There are a lot of vetoes still in play, but any unused vetoes will give rankers more immunity picks for the next two cycles.

I See The Light (Reprise)

(note: just posting the original since I can't find the reprise)

Well I failed once in getting a Tangled reprise out of the game, so let's try it again and see what happens here. So for my next cut, it's going to be "I See The Light (Reprise)" from the movie, Tangled. I have toyed around the idea of cutting this song for DAYS but I kept from doing so because... I can't seem to find the reprise version on Youtube so I don't know what that's about. I'll talk about the song as a whole though. "I See the Light" was sung by Rapunzel (voiced by Mandy Moore) and Flynn Rider/Eugene Fitzherbert (voiced by Zachary Levi). This is a really beautiful duet and both Mandy and Zachary sound really nice on this, especially Mandy. I am sure the reprise version probably comes at the end of the movie. I don't know if I need both versions of the song so we can just honor the original version, which I'm sure can go decently far.

Veto: I Just Can't Wait to Be King

Guardian Angel

I have NEVER heard of this DCOM before. And OMG I can't believe that Tyler James Williams is in this. I am reading the summary of this DCOM and it's literally a Disney Channel Hip-Hop retelling of Cyrano. LOLOLOL. Well it's probably no worse than the actual musical movie Cyrano which was MEH. This is like a perfectly fine mediocre Disney hip-hop/rap song. It's probably a little elevated by the fact that Coco Jones and Tyler James Williams are both more talented and more charismatic than most Disney Channel Stars, but I'm sorry. It's a Disney Channel Hip-Hop movie. I read an article recently about the death of Hip-Hop as a culture as we approached the 50th anniversary of Hip-Hop as a genre and yes it's true. If the Disney Channel is writing raps for their movies for teens, hip-hop is dead.

Saving: HEFFALUMPS AND WOOZLES

I vote to veto Megan's latest post. :giggle: 

Lol but no, really.... Let it Shine was really good and enjoyable and had some enjoyable songs, imo. I haven't seen it since it was out but it's crazy seeing/thinking of Coco Jones and Tyler James Williams in it and how far they have come in their careers since then. I would love to see it again nowadays.

Casey at the Bat

I have never heard of this song or movie once in my entire life. I have absolutely no idea what the context of this movie is. So out of context, the song is very boring and silly (not in a good way). You can definitely tell this is from 1946 (obviously lol). I honestly cant even understand what they're saying most of the time, and i the voice sounds like the average male villain voice, which I never really fully enjoyed much anyways . The fact that I don't think anyone here would really miss the song helps as well so. (i hate this word count)

Save: If Only

Edited by erik g
  • Sad 1

Everything is Honey

It's a cute, playful song for kids to enjoy, but I'm no longer a kid so I personally do not enjoy it. If I had a kid it would take about a week for the song to start really annoying me. Although I do definitely see how it serves as a cute little moment for kids to sing or dance or both along with. It's fine now, but I just know that if I had to heard this multiple days in a row, i will instantly get tired of it, and it usually takes a long time for me to get irritated with a song. 

Save: You and Me