Disney Songs Rankdown (Winner Posted)

Steven_

Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers Theme (Post Malone)

What is this. I was scrolling through about to listen to EVERY DCOM song that we have and I stumbled on THIS. I like to think I keep up with things like "Disney Releases" and I like Chip 'N Dale. So how did I miss that this show was like rebooted? Or that there was a movie. Okay it was a movie. Starring John Mulaney and Andy Samberg as Chip and Dale respectively. And I've gotta say, it does not interest me at all. I like the original cartoon. Anyway, I listened to this song and it's kind of what I imagined from a Post Malone remix of the Chip 'N Dale theme and I cannot say that I was really a fan. And you know sometimes I just like to read the Youtube comments because who is commenting on the Post Malone Chip 'N Dale theme on Youtube. Well it's these people:

Yoooooooooooo this hits the hardest
The third time he sings the chorus, he was supposed to sing: "They'll take the clues and find the wheres and whys and whos". Otherwise, this was totally spot-on.
I listen to this song for like 200 times a day so good I think your nuts

So IDK. I guess it's a hit.

Saving: The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers

30 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Mother Knows Best (Reprise)

I'm cutting another reprise song and this time, it's from Tangled. I haven't seen the movie Tangled, so I don't really know much about it but I do know that it's about Rapunzel. This reprise scene is a little over a minute and a half. And with that, the first 30 seconds is pretty much dialogue of the mother ~trashing~ Rapunzel. She has a great and powerful singing voice. She sings the song with a lot of angst and power as well as showcasing some powerful notes. But we also get all of that and more in the original version of "Mother Knows Best," so we can have that version represent the game. Wow I never imagined how difficult writing 100 words on Disney songs, especially ones you don't know, gonna be. :dead: 

Saving: Spirit

latest?cb=20180311213646

30 minutes ago, Solaris said:

here comes Alex's veto 😛 

lmao oh dear. I can not keep track of what people advanced, like or what not with 450 songs. :dead: 

28 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

Speaking of reprises, I'm surprised nobody advanced this one:

I'm kinda surprised that wasn't advanced either. 

Just now, *Wallace said:

lol so if a Veto is used, do I have to do another write-up to replace the one I already did? 😐 I read the rules last night but can't remember if that's a thing, lol.

Whoever uses the Veto must do the replacement write-up. The original save remains though. :yes: 

• Thanks 1

What I've Been Looking For (Reprise)

maxresdefault.jpg

Sharpay & Ryan outsold. Oops I need 97 more words? Well I suppose a reprise to replace a reprise is only fair. Where's the fun here? Where's the snapping? Where's the fabulous outfits? Where's the choreography? Sharpay & Ryan ran the theater program in that school and Troy & Gabriella should've just stayed where they belonged, but that's an argument for a different day :kissbye:. This song is like barely a minute and completely pails in comparison to the original. What we should NOT be doing is cutting reprises that kick the ass of the original. We wanna cut some lame ass reprises. Sure, I'll help with that. But lemme put a stop to that Wally Does Not Know Best madness that just happened :kissbye:

NOT Alex coming for me already with my second cut. :dead: :dead: :dead: hahaha I did not know that cut was going to be so controversial and cause chaos already. :haha: I did prefer the original version of the song but I guess I could get how some could prefer the reprise, lol.

Tomorrow is Another Day

Youtube won't let this video be embedded so here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvoDOHhgaGY

Okay I'm listening to SO many songs here and there and changing my mind on what to cut or not. I'm going to cut "Tomorrow is Another Day" from the 1977 film, The Rescuers. I can not recall if I have seen this movie or not. This is a nice and pretty song but it's also very sleepy and just not doing much for me either. :yawn: Ooh and also I am not a fan of movies about/involving/starring rats or mice or whatnot... so another reason why I'm fine with cutting this. Although I don't want to admit it but the video is kinda cute.

Saving: Push It to the Limit

Savages (Part 1)

Ah, another song that's an easy cut. Kind of shocked to learn just now, today, January 31st, 2024 that "Savages" is actually split in to two songs. I thought it was just one long song. There's too much "Both sides" of this song to really justify keeping it in 2024. It's a catchy song but we've just moved so beyond the themes of it. There are songs in Pocahontas I'm generally fine with ("Colors of the Wind") like I am with other songs from other movies. But, we have to firmly accept that white colonizers were the bad guys no matter what. This isn't that the Native Americans were also bad because they weren't as welcoming as they could have been to the pilgrims, we know with like history and hindsight and retrospect that unequivocally the white people were bad. Colonizers are bad. The reciprocity of this song just doesn't work in a modern context.

Saving: Heaven's Light/Hellfire

Savages (Part 2)

Okay I am listening to this song on Youtube. And it's 2:15 and the singing doesn't even start until 1:15. This should just have been one long sequences with "Savages (Part 1)" but at least this means I get to knock out a another write-up. You can basically just copy and paste everything I said for the first one here except the song is not as memorable. This is the part I guess where they are about to kill White John Colonizer and for some reason Pocahontas is like "No we shouldn't kill him how can I save him?????" No actually he should die?????? History would be better off if all the white people in this movie died TBQH. Instead we get the terrible version we currently live in. Again, just not a song that works in 2024. I think it barely worked in the 90s.

Saving: A-E-I-O-U

"WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" (GRADUATION MIX)

(HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3)

all-in-this-together-3.gif

In the first High School Musical, the characters come together to perform "We're All in This Together", which became a promotional single for the film. Fast forward to the High School Musical 3, the cast / characters are delivering a different take on the song to commemorate the conclusion of their high school journey. What distinguishes this version from the original is, of course, its arrangement, featuring harmonies and slow-down tempo to transform it into a ballad. The arrangement was likely chosen to align with the scene as it was the case for the original, which was more upbeat to reflect the pep rally. It's probably that they included this arrangement in the film to inspire people to use it as an inspirational song in their lives - you know like those cheesy graduation songs ?  Another  difference from the original is the presence of Zac Efron's vocals instead of Drew Seeley, who was the singing voice for Troy Bolton in the original film. Personally speaking, I prefer the original version as when I listen to this version I don't experience the same feelings that I have when I listen to the original version, probably due to a deeper connection and nostalgia. Anyway, I think this is a fair cut to kick off the game.

SAVING : FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER (REPRISE)

Edited by *Chris

I Just Can't Wait To Be King

the lion king GIF by Walt Disney Records

Ok I'm going to be honest I never liked this movie and I thought it was incredibly overrated as a disney movie. When I found out I had to cut 8 songs this is the first one I thought of lol.  And I know that it's a kids this song but I find it incredibly cheesy, annoying, and probably my least favorite song from the movie overall even though I'm not really a huge fan of any of them, except maybe "Can You Feel the Love Tonight".  I can maybe see why one might find this catcy or whatever but I just find it irritating💀. If I never heard this song again I would be completely fine and a little grateful. 

Saving: Let It Shine

Edited by erik g
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, erik g said:

Meeting the word count was way harder than it should've been💀

Although this part is COMPLETELY true. I didn't realize how hard this is going to be. :dead: 

We Dont Talk About Bruno

Flowers Wow GIF by Regal

I've never watched Encanto and this song is one of the reasons why because I find it absolutely disgusting. The fact that is one number one on the Billboard Hot 100 for like 80 years makes me lose faith in humanity. Because WHYYYY. JUST WHYYYY. Maybe if you dont want to talk about Bruno you can spare me the pain and just stop singing about him too because it makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. The more I hear it the more it absolutely disgusts me. One of my LEAST favorite songs of all time thank you and goodbye. 

exactly 100 words hehe

Saving; Moment of Truth

• Confused 1

It's My Turn Now

I was going to cut Push it to the Limit, but Wallace saved it.  It's My Turn Now comes from the same movie: Jump In!  I haven't seen the movie, but it stars Corbin Bleu and Keke Palmer's character Mary Thomas.  Listening to the song, its an uptempo track sung by Keke Palmer. Its a cute song, but there is absolutely nothing special about it.  The song was released in January 2007, so its quickly approaching 20 years.  I don't see the reason to have 2 songs from a movie I've not seen in the rankdown thats a Disney Channel original, so Wallace made this decision for me.  :haha:

Save: Hoedown Throwdown

1 minute ago, Steven_ said:

EPqyUC1WsAY_MRw.jpg:large

Waiting to see if someone is going to veto that "We Don't Talk About Bruno" cut.

I am sure people will once they see the cut.  What's the time window on a veto? 24 hours from the post?