MEGAN: 1

CHRIS: 2

ERIK: 3

DEREK: 13

WALLACE: 17

ALEX: 20

SOLA: 20

MEGAN

I think my vote in the three song elimination round saved Beauty and the Beast's titular song and while I think it should have more in this Top 20, I think with this crowd that was unlikely to happen. So I'm thrilled that we at least got this one. I am a sucker for a Disney ballad. I love Angela Lansbury and I love Beauty and the Beast. So, this is really a no brainer for me. There are other songs I would have had as my actual #1 over this, but they are all gone so this might be a default placement but not one I'm mad at.

CHRIS

By now it's no secret that "Beauty and the Beast" is one of my all-time favorite movies, as well as one of my favourite Disney soundtracks. If it were up to me, I probably would have had 2 or 3 songs from the film in this Top 20.  It’s still shocking to me that we only have one representation from the film in this Top 20, and if I had to choose only one, it would not have been this song. But that being said, I still love this song and it is easily one of my favourite in this Top 20.

When it comes to iconic Disney songs, "Beauty and the Beast" is one that automatically comes to mind. From its nostalgic charm to its captivating melody and orchestration, the song transport us into Disney's enchanting world. Once again, all of this due to the brilliance of Alan Menken and Howard Ashman ; There's no denying that Menken reigned as THE KING during the Disney Renaissance era.

For me, this song evokes a strong sense of nostalgia, largely due to the late, great Dame Angela Lansbury's portrayal of Mrs. Potts in the film. Her beautiful performance of the song exudes warmth and comfort, adding an emotional depth and authenticity to the song. Through her rendition, the song is not only a love song in terms of two individuals who are romantically in love - the Beast and Belle - but also the love that exists between a mother and her child, as evidenced by Mrs. Potts and Chip when Mrs. Potts perform the song.

We can't talk about this song without mentioning the iconic duet between my queen Céline Dion and Peabo Bryson, which served as the single version of the song – easily one of the best Disney single version. Their rendition gave new life and meaning to the song, highlighted by their harmonies and powerful vocals. Their version has become the most well-known rendition, becoming one of the most beloved love songs in the Disney musical repertoire. 

For me, "Beauty and the Beast" will always be one of THE Disney song for many, including myself. The song is synonymous with the film itself, and as mentioned earlier, no discussion of Disney songs can be had without mentioning it. In my eyes, it's a true masterpiece and would make a deserving winner for this rankdown!

ERIK

Beauty and the Beast has always had a special place in my heart since the live action version came out. Belle is definitely better than me because Beast is mad weird for locking her in there like that and it would take me a while to get over that. Anyways back to the animated version, Mrs. Teapot really ate this song. I don't know the voice actresses name or whoever it is that's actually singing this song but they perfectly capture the mood of this scene which makes the song and the scene itself even more magical. John Legend and Ariana Grande already showed us how this would go crazy as a duet but I'm not even mad at it because Mrs. Teapot did what she needed to do.

DEREK

Okay. Obviously this is the titular song from the movie. It’s beyond iconic. It is sung by legend Angela Lansbury. And I would be happy to have this in the finals along with the 3 songs from the movie that I think are superior. Be Our Guest is possibly the GOAT Disney song in my opinion, Belle is my personal favorite, and Gaston is incredible. So yeah, this movie easily deserved 4 songs in the finals but we ended up with my least favorite of the 4 so it’s hard for me to feel excited or satisfied about it all. I’m not scrambling to try and get a rankdown win for a song from this movie anymore.

WALLACE

"Beauty and the Beast" is the iconic moving ballad that's a part of Beauty and the Beast that I always imagined making it through to the finals of this game. I would have been so shocked if this song didn't make the finals. I was really stuck on how to vote between "Beauty and the Beast" vs. "Belle" on that Battle round as I like both songs about the same, more or less. I thought "Beauty and the Beast" was more loved and a bigger fan favorite here, so I thought I was being nice to spare/not vote against this song. But then I didn't expect to lose "Be Our Guest" on the cuts round, which was a bummer as that was easily my favorite song from Beauty and the Beast ..... but oh well. 😢

Anyway, "Beauty and the Beast" is a stunning and gorgeous song. The singing from Mrs. Potts (Angela Lansbury) is so lovely here. And the scene with Belle and the Beast ballroom dancing together is absolutely beautiful and so lovely. ❤️ I also love the Celine Dion & Peabo Bryson single version of the song, which is beautiful and stunning.... and I think I prefer that version more.

ALEX

Ugh sorry, but this song is BORING. I tried taking it out, but y'all resisted unfortunately. So now I'm gonna have to tank it and hope it doesn't win. It's pretty I guess. Angela Lansubry has a wonderful voice. But I'm not moved! There's better songs from Beauty and the Beast I would've much rather seen in the end here. By Our Guest was right there!!! The whole thing is just a little too on the nose for me. And let's not support this relationship ladies!!! Okay, maybe I guess why the furniture does, they're doing whatever it takes to become human again. A bit manipulative if you ask me. But if I was a teapot I would do whatever it takes to turn human again too. It's not a bad song. Just doesn't really go past pretty. Won't be on my playlist.

SOLA

Ariana Grande covered this for the Live action.  So, this gets last place last. John Legend couldn’t make Ariana listenable, so I expect that no one can. That is all I have to say about it. The original is great though.

• Steven_ changed the title to Disney Songs Rankdown (#12 Posted)