Steven_

Noms

1. Guardian Angel (Let It Shine)

2. Moment of Truth (Let It Shine)

3. More Than A Band (Lemonade Mouth)

4. When There Was Me And You (HSM 1)

5. Gotta Go My Own Way (HSM 2)

6. All For One (HSM 2)

7. You'll Always Find Your Way Back Home (Hannah Montana Movie)

8.  Rotten to the Core (Descendants 1)

9. Ways to Be Wicked (Descendants 2)

10. It's Goin' Down (Descendants 2)

11. Cinderella (Cheetah Girls)

12. Carried Me with You (Onward)

13. Learn Me Right (Brave)

14. Touch the Sky (Brave)

• Confused 1

You'll Always Find Your Way Back Home

maxresdefault.jpg

I am now involved in the elimination of every single Hannah Montana Movie song in this game. Now mind you, The Climb returned and is immune. And one, possibly both, of the songs eliminated this cycle will return. But it's the spirit of the matter! I've done it before, and surely I'll do it again because I flatout just don't like these songs. It's better than Hoedown Throwdown, I'll give it that. Butterfly Fly Away was probably my favorite of the ones I've listened to, and it was the first one out oops. Apparently Taylor Swift wrote this song? As a writer, Taylor has her fair share of her hits and her fair share of misses. This is one of those misses. Not something I personally can relate to, I don't need to find my way back home thanks. I'm perfectly fine not.

Save More Than A Band (for the third time I believe, still haven't listened to it ❤️)

Carried Me with You

I've absolutely never heard of this movie existence in my life except for that one season of American Idol I watched  in full and one of the contestants sang this song for the Disney themed week, so because of that I am somewhat familiar with this song. To me, it's just a big snooze fest. I like Brandi Carliles voice, and her vocals are solid here, but they really aren't anything to write home about honestly. The same thing goes for the beat. The only part of this song that was somewhat interesting to me was the bridge, but even that was not very memorable. 

Save: Moment of Truth

Cinderella

We out here cutting all the Hannah Montana movie songs and Cheetah Girls haven't lost any songs from their first movie.  So I will go ahead and cut it. This songs appears to be about female empowerment, which like more then songs like Someday My Prince Will Come.  This song implies the ladies don't want to be like Cinderella and get rescued by a man, when Someday My Prince Will Come falls in with antiquated themes. This song was released on the soundtrack for the first Cheetah Girls Movie in 2003. I don't have any attachment to this song, though I did see this movie once decades ago.

Save: Gotta Go My Own Way

Learn Me Right

Well I knew Megan's round was going to be a really rough round for me, as I really like most of the songs nominated. 😢 Sadly and sorry to the Brave songs as they are the only songs I don't have any attachment to, so they were the ~easy~ cuts for me to make. I feel more drawn to "Touch the Sky," so therefore "Learn Me Right" is my cut here. "Learn Me Right" is performed by Birdy and Mumford & Sons and it's from the 2012 animated fantasy film, Brave. As expected with both artists, this song has a folksy or indie folksk/pop feel to it. Birdy sounds pretty on this. From what video clips I see of this song from the movie, it looks like it plays in the closing credits of the film. Is it used earlier in the film? Anyone know? The song has a nice sound to it but it's not really my cup of tea and doesn't do too much for me. I'm sure others would enjoy it though.

Saving: It's Goin' Down 

"ALL FOR ONE"

(HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2)

44805b5ed16fb657b015718aebce370fbe19264d.gifv

When it comes to High School Musical 2, there's a handful of good and decent songs in the movie, and this is certainly not one of them. This song, "All For One", is the final song showcased in the film and it's performed by the entire cast. The song aims to celebrate the end of the summer after their summer job at the country club. Considering that this sequel has catchy songs like "Fabulous" and "What Time Is It?", this one is certainly unmemorable, especially for a final number. They were certainly trying to repeat the success of "We're All In This Together", and they certainly failed to do so. We could say that this is a WISH version of "We're All In This Together". And just like that, the song is now eliminated from the rankdown.

SAVING: TOUCH THE SKY

When There Was Me And You

Despite never watching any of these, I know quite a few songs from HSM1. This, however, is not one of them. Vanessa has never been a vocal powerhouse but this song just too big for her to pull off. At this age anyway lol. And there's not any fun choreography or staging to latch onto either. She's just wandering the halls of the high school alone and sometimes doing her little mini-squat like she has to pee. It exceeds expectations for a DCOM but let's just say that this number isn't the reason that the series became a smash hit. 

Save 

Rotten to the Core (Descendants 1)

22 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

@erik g 24 hours is up so you can choose:

Guardian Angel (Let It Shine)

Ways to Be Wicked (Descendants 2)

i think it's gonna be me swooping in here and doing this:

CUT: Guardian Angel (Let It Shine)

SAVE: Ways to Be Wicked (Descendants 2)

Guardian Angel

I have already cut this once in the rankdown so it should be no surprise I am here cutting it again. I am using the same write-up as you can see but adding just a little bit. I actually was talking with some labmates about DCOMs today and we were reminiscing about movies like MOTOCROSSED and PHANTOM OF THE MEGAPLEX. I don't know that DCOMs used to be good but at least I used to be the age for them. I think that's my big issue. Also they are like all now musicals.

I have NEVER heard of this DCOM before. And OMG I can't believe that Tyler James Williams is in this. I am reading the summary of this DCOM and it's literally a Disney Channel Hip-Hop retelling of Cyrano. LOLOLOL. Well it's probably no worse than the actual musical movie Cyrano which was MEH. This is like a perfectly fine mediocre Disney hip-hop/rap song. It's probably a little elevated by the fact that Coco Jones and Tyler James Williams are both more talented and more charismatic than most Disney Channel Stars, but I'm sorry. It's a Disney Channel Hip-Hop movie. I read an article recently about the death of Hip-Hop as a culture as we approached the 50th anniversary of Hip-Hop as a genre and yes it's true. If the Disney Channel is writing raps for their movies for teens, hip-hop is dead.

Saving: the other one

Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers Theme (Rescue Rangers: To The Rescue (1989))
It Feels Like Christmas (The Muppet Christmas Carol)
It’s All Right (Soul)
Lava (Lava)
Let Me Be Good to You (The Great Mouse Detective)
Man or Muppet (The Muppets)
My, What a Happy Day (Fun and Fancy Free)
Scrooge (The Muppet Christmas Carol)
Thankful Heart  (The Muppet Christmas Carol)
The World Owes Me a Living (Silly Symphonies)
The World Will Know (Newsies)
U Know What’s Up (Turning Red)
Whistle Stop (Robin Hood)
Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf (Silly Symphonies)

Scrooge

I have stated previously that I don't care for the Muppets, so seeing one of them nominated mean its an easy cut.  Its like when people cut Live Action songs just for the sake of them being live action remakes, which we should actually be listening to the new songs and not cutting them because they are new. I did listen to this song and I have still decided that it should leave the rankdown as Muppets shouldn't sing. This song has unknown Muppets singing about Scrooge. They talk about his greed and general unpleasantness especially around Christmas. I have done us all a favor and taken it out.

Save:  Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers Theme