The Voice 🟦 S24 🟦 Spoilers/News/Updates Reba, John, Gwen, Niall

Someone648

4 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Rudi and Gwen would have clashes as two women with ego? 

Can't believe anyone would say that. Sorry Jaffy. I just can't process why would you think that.

@Hamza Tufail 

Like Gwen likes to be the only woman. She prefers working with teenage boys because they obey her. RUDI would’ve liked to have some say in her own song choices. Gwen would’ve been like nope. Remember when Korin Bukowski dared to question Gwen. Gwen took away her ability to see & not be blond for the rest of the season. Ellie would’ve had her hair dyed blonde too because Gwen can’t take unique women. She got Ryan Sill to wear mom jeans in the playoffs & he submitted to her because she was like his creepy aunt who had a crush on him.

Edited by Jaffy

1 hour ago, Jaffy said:

John - Eh. Mac is the r&b guy who gets 4th or 5th every year (Damien, Shawn, John Holiday, NOIVAS Etc.) & Lila is really good from her covers & might be the best 4 chair turn since they’re saving her so late. IMO his only dumb decision was Azán over Kaylee but to be fair Kaylee was never getting higher than 3rd place. She was like thunderstorm & he couldn’t win so… but yeah I haven’t even seen Azán’s audition & I know for a fact Kaylee was better than her, but it is what it is. He has two good contestants. That’s all you need.

Gwen - Chechi was never going to get 1st place, which tortures me because she is a KWEEN, but as we know that doesn’t matter. Gwen didn’t care about RUDI and would’ve resented working with her. Jacquie lucked out. She has a better chance of winning on team Reba. If they were her team, they would not have made it to the finale. Now granted, Tanner & Bias won’t either. Tanner will get Kique’d & BIAS already lost the PV with his Blake Shelton audition, but let the woman have her boys. She clearly has more experience working with them.

Now, if Gwen actually had a slim chance to win with Chechi or RUDI, then I’d understand IDF’s hatred of her.

Results are what they are, but some of these comparisons you use to project vote potential crack me up. For example, the only thing Kaylee and Thunderstorm have in common is they’re both from Hawaii. :haha: Good stuff.   

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Teraginn said:

Am I the only one who thinks Nini is essentially Mara if she decided to be alt-rock/alternative? They both have that unhinged quality to their voice.

Yes. lol /jk

They're both in the "powerful female singer" genre Nini mentioned, and I like them both. I do think Mara is likely to stick to a more traditional path. I don't know wth Nini may do. Having now seen her rap on X Factor, I'm hoping she raps Karma Police. Gotta be an improvement /jk or am I?

Edited by WastedinMemphis

16 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Results are what they are, but some of these comparisons you use to project vote potential crack me up. For example, the only thing Kaylee and Thunderstorm have in common is they’re both from Hawaii. :haha: Good stuff.   

And they both have ethereal voices & are my personal favorites of their respective season, if not the artists I think are technically the best. Imagine a duet with them while you’re relaxing on the beach. I could die happy & i’m in my late 20’s.

Edited by Jaffy

19 minutes ago, jem128 said:

This is some really odd commentary on Gwen. I’d call her overly humble before I’d say she is the slightest bit egotistical. 

Eh. I think she’s egotistical but I haven’t met her in person so I’ll give you that one.

20 minutes ago, Jaffy said:

And they both have ethereal voices & are my personal favorites of their respective season, if not the artists I think are technically the best. Imagine a duet with them while you’re relaxing on the beach. I could die happy & i’m in my late 20’s.

I would say based on almost everything online, Kaylee is more of a diva belter type. The blind audition was a divergence from what she usually does, and a welcome one. I mentioned before that she needs to make sure to avoid oversinging. I wonder if that’s what tripped her up…

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I would say based on almost everything online, Kaylee is more of a diva belter type. The blind audition was a divergence from what she usually does, and a welcome one. I mentioned before that she needs to make sure to avoid oversinging. I wonder if that’s what tripped her up…

Oh man that sucks. We get so many generic young belter girls on the show. I thought she was more like Maelyn. She would sound awful belting. Straining to hit the notes like Courtnie Ramirez or Katriz Trinidad. Of course I wouldn’t want her to become the opposite like Terrence Cunningham, where all his performances were the exact same ethereal stripped down behind a piano. Like he was trying to recapture the magic from his BA. If she’s a belter though I’m not upset anymore. I’m rooting for Mac to represent team legend.

Edited by Jaffy

2 minutes ago, Jaffy said:

Oh man that sucks. We get so many generic young belter girls on the show. I thought she was more like Maelyn. She would sound awful belting. Straining to hit the notes like Courtnie Ramirez or Katriz Trinidad. Of course I wouldn’t want her to become the opposite like Terrence Cunningham, where all his performances were the exact same ethereal stripped down behind a piano. Like he was trying to recapture the magic from his BA.

Yeah, but she doesn’t “sound awful belting.” She hits those huge notes with ease and with power. I would say she might overdo the runs at times, but that’s easily fixable with “coaching.”

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, but she doesn’t “sound awful belting.” She hits those huge notes with ease and with power. I would say she might overdo the runs at times, but that’s easily fixable with “coaching.”

Yeah. Too bad that didn’t work out for Shi’Ann Jones. That was the rare time IDF collectively hated an AA woman & Jennifer tried really hard but Shi’Ann wouldn’t listen until it was too late.

Edited by Jaffy

Just now, Jaffy said:

Yeah. Too bad that didn’t work out for Shi’Ann Jones. That was the rare time IDF collectively hated an AA woman. 

Shi’Ann had some fans here. I wasn’t one of them. I just recognized that she was in way over her head. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Shi’Ann had some fans here. I wasn’t one of them. I just recognized that she was in way over her head. 

I hated her. She was Kennedy Holmes done completely wrong. Shalyah Fearing was Koryn Hawthorne done completely wrong.

Edited by Jaffy

46 minutes ago, Jaffy said:

Oh man that sucks. We get so many generic young belter girls on the show. I thought she was more like Maelyn. She would sound awful belting. Straining to hit the notes like Courtnie Ramirez or Katriz Trinidad. Of course I wouldn’t want her to become the opposite like Terrence Cunningham, where all his performances were the exact same ethereal stripped down behind a piano. Like he was trying to recapture the magic from his BA. If she’s a belter though I’m not upset anymore. I’m rooting for Mac to represent team legend.

wow- this is bogus to me.

• Haha 1