Which female pop singer(s) do you want covered most on the show?

Hsamid

Which Female Pop artist(s)discography would you want most on the show?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Lana Del Ray
    • Carly Rae Jepsen
    • Rosalia
    • Kesha
    • Lorde
    • Little Mix
    • Camila Cabello (and fifth harmony)
    • Spice Girls
    • Madonna
    • Jennifer Lopez
    • Nichole Scherzinger (and pussycat dolls)
    • Kylie Minogue
    • Gwen Stefani
    • Shakira

Just for fun, which female pop artists discography would you want most on the show? I tried to pick artists who are mainly pop, have seldom been done on the show and are mainstream or at least well known for obvious reasons.

Also, I am aware the majority of these pop artists are not known for their vocals. Well,  the ones that are have been done extensively on the show.

Going with Lana this time, because she is really perfect for indie girls. I also like Camila, Madonna and Spice Girls. When will "Viva Forever" be covered on the show?

Edited by allistr
  • Like 1

Carly Rae Jepsen would be a ton of fun but I feel like only a very specific type of artist could do her songs justice. I voted for anyway though, I love that woman.

She’s not in the poll but more Fiona Apple covers would be interesting. Maybe even a Björk cover if someone dares.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Carly Rae Jepsen would be a ton of fun but I feel like only a very specific type of artist could do her songs justice. I voted for anyway though, I love that woman.

I tend to agree, but Carly's songs are far from the most difficult and I think a contestant, even one that sounds and vibes very different from Carly, could surprise and make it work

3 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

She’s not in the poll but more Fiona Apple covers would be interesting. Maybe even a Björk cover if someone dares.

More Fiona Apple covers? Have we had one before?

Also, didn't add her, Bjork or kate Bush cause I didn't think they really fit the poll even though they're technically "pop", or a subgenre of it anyways.

1 hour ago, Hsamid said:

More Fiona Apple covers? Have we had one before?

Melanie Martinez performed "Criminal" in Season 3. I think she was with another contestant too.

53 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Thought I added her, replaced Ava Max with Lorde.

Was wondering why she wasn't on here. She'd be my vote, lots of her songs could work for the indie contestants. Lots of flip potential on those.

• Like 1

I went with Lana bc she has a more extensive discography but I’d also love to see anything from Lorde’s Melodrama.

Madonna or Kylie would be great too, I’d love for someone to do Frozen (I know there are a few international versions)

Don’t care for Lana that much but her songs being covered means more indie pop singers doing slower songs and I’m all for that.

If there were an option for flipped Britney songs i’d be all for it; Addisons “Lucky” and Ava’s “Hit Me Baby One More Time” were phenomenal.

3 minutes ago, allistr said:

Also, I'd also want to add FKA Twigs, Jessie J, Ellie Goulding (she has more than just Love Me Like You Do), Zara Larsson.

“cellophane” is a moment waiting to happen. Payge Turner would have slayed that one.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, allistr said:

Also, I'd also want to add FKA Twigs, Jessie J, Ellie Goulding (she has more than just Love Me Like You Do), Zara Larsson.

Ellie Goulding has been covered quite a bit, maybe not now but in earlier seasons, which is why I didn't add her.

Jesse tenaiki has an awesome cover of cellophane on The Voice australia.

7 hours ago, Misirlou said:

La Rosalía.

Also, Dido.

I’m just wondering which Rosalía songs would be covered as her songs don’t necessarily focus on the vocals. Granted, I’m not super familiar with her work but the only one I can think of right now that puts vocals at the forefront is… wildly inappropriate for TV.

16 hours ago, FloorWax said:

I’m just wondering which Rosalía songs would be covered as her songs don’t necessarily focus on the vocals. Granted, I’m not super familiar with her work but the only one I can think of right now that puts vocals at the forefront is… wildly inappropriate for TV.

Rosalia Chewing Gum GIF - Rosalia Chewing Gum Stan Twitter - Discover &  Share GIFs

(LLYLM seems acceptable enough though?)