DWTS Season 32 Discussion

*Lily

Here is a mid-week Youtube stats update of this week's dances!

Week 8 Dances Views + Likes:

1. Jason & Daniella and Barry & Peta - Salsa Dance Off: 202,239 views / 779 likes
2. Charity & Artem - Viennese Waltz: 199,798 views / 1k likes 
3. Ariana & Pasha - Paso Doble: 190,659 views / 1k likes
4. Xochitl & Val - Tango: 100,107 views / 1.5k likes 
5. Xochitl & Val and Charity & Artem - Cha-Cha Dance Off: 86,821 views / 783 likes 
6. Barry & Peta - Rumba: 81,411 views / 498 likes
7. Alyson & Sasha - Contemporary: 71,936 views / 886 likes
8. Jason & Daniella - Samba: 71,796 views / 820 likes 
9. Harry & Rylee - Viennese Waltz: 62,988 views / 613 likes 
10. Harry & Rylee and Alyson & Sasha - Rumba Dance Off: 60,391 views / 418 likes

Top 3 likes:
1. Xochitl & Val - Tango
2. Ariana & Pasha - Paso Doble / Charity & Artem - Viennese Waltz

Bottom 3 likes:
1. Harry & Rylee and Alyson & Sasha - Rumba Dance Off
2, Barry & Peta - Rumba 
3. Harry & Rylee - Viennese Waltz

After not even getting a press release last week, we got one in less than 24 hours for next week. :dead: 

https://www.dgepress.com/abc/pressrelease/its-the-sizzling-semi-final-showdown-on-dancing-with-the-stars-nov-28/

• Marvel star Xochitl Gomez and pro Val Chmerkovskiy will perform a Samba to “Samba” by Gloria Estefan and a Waltz to “La Vie en Rose” by Lady Gaga.

• TV and film star Alyson Hannigan and pro Sasha Farber will perform a Jive to “Footloose” by Kenny Loggins and a Waltz to “Come Away With Me” by Norah Jones.

• Former Bachelorette Charity Lawson and pro Artem Chigvintsev will perform a Rumba to “Love The Way You Lie Part III” by Skylar Grey and a Quickstep to “BO$$” by Fifth Harmony.

• Ariana Madix (“Vanderpump Rules”) and pro Pasha Pashkov will perform a Jive to “Runaway Baby” by Bruno Mars and a Foxtrot to “Trampoline” by SHAED & ZAYN.

• GRAMMY®-winning singer Jason Mraz and pro Daniella Karagach will perform a Viennese Waltz to “I Won’t Give Up” by Jason Mraz and a Paso Doble to “Diablo Rojo” by Rodrigo y Gabriela.

• Like 2

I was not expecting a press release to come out so soon, let alone the next day, omg. :dead: But yayy for that! With all of that said, some thoughts:

- Oooh I really love that Xochitl got two completely different styles for her semi-final dances. Yayy for her getting a Samba! This is our last chance for a really outstanding Samba so hopefully Xochitl can deliver on that. And no doubt she would excel with a Waltz. Though kinda bummed she doesn't get an Argentine Tango.
- I had a feeling Alyson would get the Waltz, which would suit her much better than the Jive. At least she did the Jive with the dance relay, so that should help her out here rather than it being completely brand new.
- Loving Charity's dance combo and both of her songs for her dances. :wub: Really looking forward to both dances! I've actually been waiting weeks for her to get a Rumba so yayy for this!
- I never would have pictured Ariana to have a "Runaway Baby" Jive. 😮 I always loveeed that song/style combo so I'm looking forward to this one. A Foxtrot to “Trampoline”? I never would have imagined that but curious to see how that goes.
- Lol Jason would get a Viennese Waltz to “I Won’t Give Up.” :dead: But that song has been used for a lot of VWs in the past so he should get it too. No doubt he should do well with a dance to his own song. And ooooo a nice traditional song choice for his Paso. That should be great for him too.

Oh and I also noticed everyone has a ballroom and a Latin dance. Reminds me of the old DWTS days when they would do two dances. That's amazing! :wub: 

26 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

After not even getting a press release last week, we got one in less than 24 hours for next week. :dead: 

https://www.dgepress.com/abc/pressrelease/its-the-sizzling-semi-final-showdown-on-dancing-with-the-stars-nov-28/

Hide contents

• Marvel star Xochitl Gomez and pro Val Chmerkovskiy will perform a Samba to “Samba” by Gloria Estefan and a Waltz to “La Vie en Rose” by Lady Gaga.

• TV and film star Alyson Hannigan and pro Sasha Farber will perform a Jive to “Footloose” by Kenny Loggins and a Waltz to “Come Away With Me” by Norah Jones.

• Former Bachelorette Charity Lawson and pro Artem Chigvintsev will perform a Rumba to “Love The Way You Lie Part III” by Skylar Grey and a Quickstep to “BO$$” by Fifth Harmony.

• Ariana Madix (“Vanderpump Rules”) and pro Pasha Pashkov will perform a Jive to “Runaway Baby” by Bruno Mars and a Foxtrot to “Trampoline” by SHAED & ZAYN.

• GRAMMY®-winning singer Jason Mraz and pro Daniella Karagach will perform a Viennese Waltz to “I Won’t Give Up” by Jason Mraz and a Paso Doble to “Diablo Rojo” by Rodrigo y Gabriela.

Looking forward to it. 🙂

1 hour ago, Abe1818 said:

I'm very glad that the ballroom and latin picks are more spread out unlike last season where there were 4 Paso's and 5 Viennese Waltzes 

Oooh yes, I remember that. Ugh that was such a repetitive disaster. :dead: Although one of those may have been the Waltz (which I remember Gabby having), but yeah same difference. :haha: 

Here is a mid-week Youtube stats update of this week's dances! And oops, I see I forgot to do a full  week's post of last week's so I'll add in that post too.

Week 9 Dances Views + Likes:

1. Ariana & Pasha and Xochitl & Val - Viennese Waltz Dance Relay: 214,591 views / 1.4k likes
2. Ariana & Pasha - Rumba: 196,414 views / 1.7k likes
3. Jason & Daniella - Argentine Tango: 173,678 views / 2.4k likes 
4. Harry & Rylee - Rumba: 163,626 views / 1.1k likes 
5. Xochitl & Val - Quickstep: 153,844 views / 2.6k likes 
6. Jason & Daniella and Charity & Artem - Cha-Cha Dance Relay: 144,181 views / 1.3k likes 
7. Harry & Rylee and Alyson & Sasha - Jive Relay: 141,875 views / 994 likes
8. Alyson & Sasha - Cha-Cha: 128,001 views / 1.1k likes
9. Charity & Artem - Argentine Tango: 127,612 views / 1.3k likes 

Top 3 likes:
1. Xochitl & Val - Tango
2. Jason & Daniella - Argentine Tango
3. Ariana & Pasha - Rumba

Bottom 3 likes:
1. Harry & Rylee and Alyson & Sasha - Jive Relay
2, Alyson & Sasha - Cha-Cha / Harry & Rylee - Viennese Waltz

Week 8 Dances Views + Likes:

1. Charity & Artem - Viennese Waltz: 230,561 views / 1.2k likes (+1)
2. Jason & Daniella and Barry & Peta - Salsa Dance Off: 228,270 views / 922 likes (-1)
3. Ariana & Pasha - Paso Doble: 225,054 views / 1.2k likes (=)
4. Xochitl & Val - Tango: 141,777 views / 1.9k likes (=)
5. Barry & Peta - Rumba: 129,615 views / 611 likes (+1)
6. Harry & Rylee - Viennese Waltz: 111,726 views / 726 likes (+3)
7. Xochitl & Val and Charity & Artem - Cha-Cha Dance Off: 107,370 views / 958 likes (-2)
8. Alyson & Sasha - Contemporary: 103,129 views / 1k likes (-1)
9. Jason & Daniella - Samba: 88,591 views / 960 likes (-1)
10. Harry & Rylee and Alyson & Sasha - Rumba Dance Off: 74,461 views / 498 likes (=)

Top 3 likes:
1. Xochitl & Val - Tango
2. Ariana & Pasha - Paso Doble / Charity & Artem - Viennese Waltz

Bottom 3 likes:
1. Harry & Rylee and Alyson & Sasha - Rumba Dance Off
2, Barry & Peta - Rumba 
3. Harry & Rylee - Viennese Waltz

Some more Youtube updates! Here is an almost full week of Youtube stats update of this week's dances! As well as an update of the Top 10 most viewed dances of the season so far.

Week 9 Dances Views + Likes:

1. Ariana & Pasha and Xochitl & Val - Viennese Waltz Dance Relay: 232,830 views / 1.6k likes
2. Ariana & Pasha - Rumba: 218,335 views / 1.9k likes
3. Jason & Daniella - Argentine Tango: 202,133 views / 2.8k likes 
4. Harry & Rylee - Rumba: 186,687 views / 1.3k likes 
5. Xochitl & Val - Quickstep: 181,900 views / 3k likes 
6. Alyson & Sasha - Cha-Cha: 171,004 views / 1.3k likes (+2)
7. Jason & Daniella and Charity & Artem - Cha-Cha Dance Relay: 162,634 views / 1.6k likes (-1)
8. Harry & Rylee and Alyson & Sasha - Jive Relay: 160,099 views / 1.1k likes (-1)
9. Charity & Artem - Argentine Tango: 151,451 views / 1.6k likes 

Top 3 likes:
1. Xochitl & Val - Tango
2. Jason & Daniella - Argentine Tango
3. Ariana & Pasha - Rumba

Bottom 3 likes:
1. Harry & Rylee and Alyson & Sasha - Jive Relay
2, Alyson & Sasha - Cha-Cha / Harry & Rylee - Rumba

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Top 10 Most Viewed dances of the season - Views + Likes:
1. Jason & Daniella - Jive (Week 3): 817,982 views / 4.2k likes 
2. Mauricio & Emma - Jive (Week 1): 503,717 views / 1.1k likes 
3. Ariana & Pasha - Tango (Week 1): 502,226 views / 3.6k likes
4. Jason & Daniella - Cha-Cha (Week 1): 458,577 views / 4.2k likes 
5. Harry & Rylee - Cha-Cha (Week 1): 453,069 views / 2.7k likes 
6. Team Young'n Style (Week 7): 429,660 views / 4.6k likes (+2)
7. Ariana & Pasha - Cha-Cha (Week 7): 404,107 views / 3.4k likes
8. Ariana & Pasha - Samba (Week 2): 381,105 views / 1.7k likes (-2) 
9. Jamie Lynn & Alan - Cha-Cha (Week 2): 331,684 views / 750 likes 
10. Barry & Peta - Foxtrot (Week 1): 323,286 views / 1.6k likes 

Top 3 likes:
1. Team Young'n Style 
2. Jason & Daniella - Cha-Cha / Jason & Daniella - Jive

Bottom 3 likes:
1. Jamie Lynn & Alan - Cha-Cha
2. Mauricio & Emma - Jive 
3. Barry & Peta - Foxtrot

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, *Lily said:

Continuing her reign of being second out!

LOL I was just as I just read about this and was about to post about it. :dead: 

Well this means Jamie Lynn's best RTV showing was making it to 12th and being the 5th one out on Special Forces: World's Toughest Test (out of a cast of 16). But then she made it to 11th out of a cast of 12 on I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here. So not sure which one classifies as better. :haha: 

But this also means she could appear in the DWTS Finale, which I was wondering if she would make it there. 😮  

https://people.com/dancing-with-the-stars-season-32-finale-songs-dance-styles-exclusive-8408569

Mariah Carey Christmas number featuring "special guests" and "the song and dance styles of Alfonso and Julianne"

group performance including all celebrities who appeared on s32

"Young Hearts Run Free"

Redemption Round
Alyson/Sasha - Salsa - "Get on Your Feet"
Ariana/Pasha - Samba - "Spice Up Your Life"
Charity/Artem - Tango - "Libertango"
Jason/Daniella - Foxtrot - "Fly Me to the Moon"
Xochitl/Val - Foxtrot - "Unconditionally"

Freestyle
Alyson/Sasha - "Enchanted (Taylor's Version)" and "Papi"
Ariana/Pasha - "Run the World (Girls)" and "Level Up"
Charity/Artem - "Lose My Breath" and "Suéltate"
Jason/Daniella - "Happy"
Xochitl/Val - "Que Calor"

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, RTV said:

https://people.com/dancing-with-the-stars-season-32-finale-songs-dance-styles-exclusive-8408569

Mariah Carey Christmas number featuring "special guests" and "the song and dance styles of Alfonso and Julianne"

group performance including all celebrities who appeared on s32

"Young Hearts Run Free"

Redemption Round
Alyson/Sasha - Salsa - "Get on Your Feet"
Ariana/Pasha - Samba - "Spice Up Your Life"
Charity/Artem - Tango - "Libertango"
Jason/Daniella - Foxtrot - "Fly Me to the Moon"
Xochitl/Val - Foxtrot - "Unconditionally"

Freestyle
Alyson/Sasha - "Enchanted (Taylor's Version)" and "Papi"
Ariana/Pasha - "Run the World (Girls)" and "Level Up"
Charity/Artem - "Lose My Breath" and "Suéltate"
Jason/Daniella - "Happy"
Xochitl/Val - "Que Calor"

Well.... now that the songs aren't posted in spoilers, I guess I'll post my thoughts openly. :haha: 

- I  did NOT expect the judges/show to give Alyson the Salsa again. :dead:  I thought they would have gone easier on her with a ballroom. And VERYY interesting mashup of those Taylor and J.Lo songs, which I do not get at all on paper. But let's see how this goes? :dead: 

- Slayy at Ariana's song choices. Love all of her songs for her dances and really looking forward to that Freestyle. Hope she can bring the energy with those two songs.

- Yayy Charity getting a traditional Tango song. This should be great. I don't know the second song for Charity's FS but I am here for LMB of course. ❤️ 

- Nicee that Jason gets a traditional song for his Foxtrot too. I wasn't sure what "Happy" was for Jason's dance - my mind went to the Pharrell song but it's the C2C/Derek Martin song, which I don't know.

- Didn't really see a Foxtrot redemption for Xochitl but makes sense as she had that little but obvious mistake in it. I like the song. Also don't know her Freestyle song but looking forward to it.

Here is a mid-week Youtube stats update of this week's dances! 

Week 10 Dances Views + Likes:

1. Xochitl & Val - Waltz: 205,978 views / 2.4k likes 
2. Alyson & Sasha - Jive: 176,061 views / 633 likes
3. Ariana & Pasha - Jive: 167,457 views / 969 likes
4. Jason & Daniella - Paso Doble: 138,268 views / 1.8k likes 
5. Ariana & Pasha - Foxtrot: 119,086 views / 1.1k likes
6. Xochitl & Val - Samba: 90,192 views / 1.4k likes 
7. Charity & Artem - Rumba: 69,740 views / 728 likes 
8. Jason & Daniella - Viennese Waltz: 67,767 views / 1k likes 
9. Charity & Artem - Quickstep: 59,207 views / 655 likes 
10. Alyson & Sasha - Waltz: 48,849 views / 522 likes

Top 3 likes: