2022 Reality Stars Rankdown

Alex95

1 minute ago, *Chris said:

What a ride for Daya though!  I think she’s actually very underrated by fans and judges - would love to see her come back!  

No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

Though I'm sure it's inevitable she'll  be on an All Stars season. I'm willing to be open and give her another chance if that happens.

1 minute ago, jarmon said:

I am actually fine with that, let's keep it that way.

Eeeehhhh. 

1 minute ago, *Chris said:

And everyone was worried about drag race :haha: 

lmao true. 🙈 Drag Race and DWTS were dominating for most of the game here. :haha: 

ESSENCE WILMINGTON

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWU7i16l5pqwVoZVFSfh5

Essence Wilmington is a Hip Hop dancer from Davenport, Iowa. She was on the 17th season of So You Think You Can Dance. Lol, I must admit this pairing I did of Essence vs. Keaton was purely due to me being upset that Charli & Mark lost to Alexis but I didn't want to nominate Alexis as I do like her so I just took out my frustration on the other dancers of So You Think You Can Dance. And now look, Daniel & Britt won for DWTS USA 31, eh. Anyway, I was kinda hoping Keaton would leave over Essence but hey petty cut round comes, I know who I'll be keeping in consideration. Essence was a beautiful dancer and one that I did enjoy, although, I never really found myself rooting for her to like win. I just enjoyed her dances but was mainly rooting for Alexis. Essence had quite the journey as at Top 12 she was in the bottom 4, so she started off rocky with the audience, but she was able to win over the audience and never be in the bottom again. She made it all the way to the Top 3/Semi-Finals were she was eliminated and placed 3rd overall. A really solid dancer and this is a more than respectable placement for her!

1 minute ago, Steven_ said:

I think all the rankers here except me are big Drag Race fans, so I was worried we'd have a Top 20 dominated by drag queens I know nothing about. 🙈

With rankers that nominate everyone they don’t like ? I think you would have been fine :haha: 

2 minutes ago, jarmon said:

Essence Wilmington is a Hip Hop dancer from Davenport, Iowa. She was on the 17th season of So You Think You Can Dance. Lol, I must admit this pairing I did of Essence vs. Keaton was purely due to me being upset that Charli & Mark lost to Alexis but I didn't want to nominate Alexis as I do like her so I just took out my frustration on the other dancers of So You Think You Can Dance. And now look, Daniel & Britt won for DWTS USA 31, eh. 

Reset Button GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

I think all the rankers here except me are big Drag Race fans, so I was worried we'd have a Top 20 dominated by drag queens I know nothing about. 🙈

At the top 100 I was preparing for like 15 Drag Race people and 5 others in the end lmao

3 minutes ago, jarmon said:

ESSENCE WILMINGTON

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWU7i16l5pqwVoZVFSfh5

Essence Wilmington is a Hip Hop dancer from Davenport, Iowa. She was on the 17th season of So You Think You Can Dance. Lol, I must admit this pairing I did of Essence vs. Keaton was purely due to me being upset that Charli & Mark lost to Alexis but I didn't want to nominate Alexis as I do like her so I just took out my frustration on the other dancers of So You Think You Can Dance. And now look, Daniel & Britt won for DWTS USA 31, eh. Anyway, I was kinda hoping Keaton would leave over Essence but hey petty cut round comes, I know who I'll be keeping in consideration. Essence was a beautiful dancer and one that I did enjoy, although, I never really found myself rooting for her to like win. I just enjoyed her dances but was mainly rooting for Alexis. Essence had quite the journey as at Top 12 she was in the bottom 4, so she started off rocky with the audience, but she was able to win over the audience and never be in the bottom again. She made it all the way to the Top 3/Semi-Finals were she was eliminated and placed 3rd overall. A really solid dancer and this is a more than respectable placement for her!

This surprised me. 

Not going to lie, I was debating you for the first battle but now I see I was wrong :haha: 

2 minutes ago, *Chris said:

This surprised me. 

Not going to lie, I was debating you for the first battle but now I see I was wrong :haha: 

I was only nominating Gisele because I wanted a Kimmy win so that she & Icesis can win their seasons, lol. Just something a Haus of Couture win seemed fun.

• Like 1

Gisèle Lullaby

Canada's Drag Race season three winner Gisele Lullaby shares her favourite  spots in Montreal

Ok so... I genuinely felt super bad about this one and have been very close to telling @*Chris it was me for the last couple days. But then all the battles started happening super quick and I knew it was gonna get out eventually. :dead:

In summary - I didn't mind Gisèle on her season, but she's one of my lesser fave winners and I found myself rooting for more people than her during her run on Canada's Drag Race season 3. I think maybe I nominated her earlier on? But then I felt bad because I cut Rita and I didn't want to come for another of Chris' faves so soon. So I've held off nominating her for a few rounds... but THEN I saw Wally's noms in the last round where, as it was pointed out, basically all the Drag Race girls except Gisèle were nommed. And I quickly realised, dang it, Chris is gonna be putting in the work for Gisèle to make it to the end! And we never really had a deal in place for her.

And then before I knew it I was up to nom first and I didn't really have any time to think. I almost did Gabby vs. Gabby lol, but then I thought it's probably the right time to take a shot against Gisèle and put her up against a fan fave in Jinkx. I kinda thought it might become clear it was me, but then a few people were denying it and Chris messaged me saying 'who do you think is lying' to which I chickened out and didn't fess up 🙈  So ever since I've felt super bad knowing it was eventually going to come out but I didn't want to do an anonymous write-up or anything. Not that I'd have a choice now :giggle:

Anyway.. storytime over and I've not really touched on Gisèle's actual run lol. Maybe it's because I feel like the bar was set high with Priyanka and Icesis that I just struggled to really connect with her as a winner. She had some great moments, no doubt, and her run was very strong. When it came down to the final four, I was Team Fiercalicious for the drama, Team Kimmy for the dolls, and Team Jada because lol imagine. Gisèle just didn't quite stand out for me in comparison. She's clearly a very talented queen, and huge credit to Chris who has put in the work to get her this far. I just thought this might be the time to take a shot in case she pulled off a surprisingly high finish.

• Haha 1

Gabby & Val

Val Chmerkovskiy Reveals He Did Gabby's Hair For 'DWTS' Premiere  (Exclusive) – Hollywood Life

Gabriella "Gabby" Windey & Valentine "Val" Chermkovsky were on Dancing with the Stars season 31.  Gabby annoyed me for most of the season.  With that said, she was probably the second best dancer and deserved her Top 2 finish.  Unlike Charli, whos personality grew on me, Gabby's didn't.  I have gone after Gabby and Gabby and Val several times in the rankdown, and it was finally successful.  Gabby was one of the highest scorers consistently.  She tied for Top of the leaderboard 5 times and topped it once by herself. Gabby and Val had a crazy 6 perfect dances in the season.  Did I think they all deserved that perfect score?  No, but there were a couple I thought were worthy. Her Samba and Waltz are my two favorite dances for her.  I did not care for her freestyle, and I wish they had picked another song or broadway number for the finale, as Cell Block Tango has been done. The male chorus line was fun though. Outside of her perfect scores, I thought Gabby's Argentine Tango with Alan was fantastic. She did really come into her own as a dancer throughout the season, and did an awesome job getting to the Top 33.  I know Akshar put in a lot of work to get the pair here, so props to him!

Edited by Solaris
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Gabby & Val

Val Chmerkovskiy Reveals He Did Gabby's Hair For 'DWTS' Premiere  (Exclusive) – Hollywood Life

Gabriella "Gabby" Windey & Valentine "Val" Chermkovsky were on Dancing with the Stars season 31.  Gabby annoyed me for most of the season.  With that said, she was probably the second best dancer and deserved her Top 2 finish.  Unlike Charli, whos personality grew on me, Gabby's didn't.  I have gone after Gabby and Gabby and Val several times in the rankdown, and it was finally successful.  Gabby was one of the highest scorers consistently.  She tied for Top of the leaderboard 5 times and topped it once by herself. Gabby and Val had a crazy 6 perfect dances in the season.  Did I think they all deserved that perfect score?  No, but there were a couple I thought were worthy. Her Samba and Waltz are my two favorite dances for her.  I did not care for her freestyle, and I wish they had picked another song or broadway number for the finale, as Cell Block Tango has been done. The male chorus line was fun though. Outside of her perfect scores, I thought Gabby's Argentine Tango with Alan was fantastic. She did really come into her own as a dancer throughout the season, and did an awesome job getting to the Top 33.  I know Akshar put in a lot of work to get the pair here, so props to him!

noted.