2022 Reality Stars Rankdown

Alex95

Beth Stolarczyk

Challenge All Stars Interview: Beth Stolarczyk | by Allan Aguirre | Medium

Hardly surprising noms, but a shame nonetheless. Beth is an icon and kudos for her being one of the first real reality stars who is still delivering 30 years in the game. But this was an easy choice. It came down to two factors - I just like the other noms more, and also based on longevity in the show. If we're basing it on the run of that particular show in the game, it's just an easy choice.

Beth enters the game late as a replacement. For one, was she an alternate? Crazy if so. I think you should give lots of the All-Stars a chance, but I also think someone who was on the Real World back in '93 and is consistently bringing us drama and entertainment deserves top-of-the-list priority booking. She only ends up being there for two episodes. She ends up in the eliminations both times lmao, and quits on her second time around because she felt it was unfair that her competitor, Jonna, was being helped.

On legend basis, I'm down for Beth making it this far into the game. But when the remaining options at this point are all winners or finalists - it's ultimately the fairest cut IMO.

Save Angeria Paris VanMicheals

Jonna Mannion (The Challenge All Stars 3)

Jonna Talks 'The Challenge: All Stars' Season 3 & More – Hollywood Life

When there's 4 winners left on the list of 8, and I am hoping for one or two non-winners to survive the round, I gotta do what I gotta do. Mad respect to Jonna who crushed the season and deservedly has some fans here on IDF. We met Jonna in Real World Cancun back in 2009. Wow I'm so used to seeing the seasons be from the 90s that 2009 actually seems like a short time ago. But alas that was still long enough ago for Jonna to compete on 7 other seasons of television PLUS All Stars 1, All Stars 2, and All Stars 3. Jonna was a finalist for AS1 and then she won AS2 and won AS3. Basically, she's unstoppable. Icon. Look, I didn't nominate her. I'm sure Zoey has a very rational and popular reason why she dislikes Jonna. For AS3 she was up against 24 others. I don't think the women competed against the men? Yeah it looks like Wes was the winner of the season for the men and Jonna for the women. Her track record is interesting because she didn't get any wins until right at the very end, so I wonder if people were counting her out. But she pulled through and got $250K for her efforts

Save Alexis Warr

Love Shea down. Admittedly, I think her peak of AS7 was the first episode and her meeting with Naomi Campbell. Still get chills from this moment.

Same for Jaida obvi, my #1 queen of all-time. I think there were definitely stronger competitors in the season, but nevertheless enjoyed her run and glad they showed more of her fun side which I feel sometimes got lost in the last-minute Season 12 editing.

• Like 4

Beth is a definite fair cut at this point/with these noms. Lily's write-up said it all perfectly on her. LOL Even though Beth was only in.... 2 episodes (lol I thought it was 3), she still proved to be memorable and stirred up the pot. Omg I couldn't believe the drama she caused with Jonna and MJ. She's still an icon overall of course.

Ugh I knew Jonna would go once I couldn't save her. 😢 (Though she would have been like a 3rd/4th level kind of save on this list). 

I'm sad she couldn't be the last standing of The Challenge: All Stars, which I was hoping for, but I get how that couldn't happen with these noms. But hey I'll take a 3rd finish for her. I'm very happy I was able to save her a couple of times to get her to this point. She's definitely been really iconic and outstanding on that version of the franchise! :wub: Thanks for giving her a good write-up and lots of props though, Derek. ❤️ 

LADY CAMDEN

lady-camden-drag-race.gif

Lady Camden competed on the fourteenth season of RuPaul's Drag Race. She is British-American, and she used to do ballet before performing as a drag queen. She is the first English contestant to compete on the American RuPaul's Drag Race. Throughout the competition, Lady Camden won three competitions in episodes 7, 12, and 14. She eventually ended up as the runner-up of the season, taking home a cash prize of $50,000. I don't really know what else to say, so let me go to a a YouTube video (I randomly chose her “I Fell Down (I Got Up)” performance) to see what fans think. A lot of people seem to like her and thought she deserved to win the season. 

Saving Fleur East & Vito Coppola.

6389f7a22300003400ac46e3.jpg?cache=AcNu0W1SsM&ops=crop_219_366_3540_2033,scalefit_720_noupscale

TAYANA TAYLOR AS THE FIREFLY

THE MASKED SINGER - SEASON 7

SEC_104873588.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

We were first introduced to Firefly on the first episode of 7th season of FOX's hit reality tv singing competition, Masked Singer.  During the first episode, we were introduced to Firefly as part of Team Good and some of her clues included : Having a busy schedule, a comedy program for Apollo Theatre, a photo of Tyler Perry, an app called "On The Fly", a statue of liberty, a microphone.  The clues were followed by a performance of "Ain't Nobody" by Chaka Khan which confirmed that she is a multi-talented singer, but it didn't start as planned as she had a terrifying moment during her performance which she had to started over again. She earned a standing o, and it was no surprised that she move onto the 2nd week.   During the 2nd week, following her performance of P.Y.T by Michael Jackson, it was revealed that Pharrel Williams played a key role in her career. Despite a strong performance on Week 2, she found herself in the bottom 2 when she was the superior one where there was a little dramatic moment when she walked off the stage but also can't blame her considering the two other acts that were saved ; Luckily, she got saved after her performance in the duel against Ram where she took on Ariana Grande's God is a Woman.  She returned on Week 3 where we found out more about Firefly : She never been one to shy away from the spotlight, a picture of Kanye West, a TNT explosive, a designer dress, and that JoJo Siwa is linked to her ; For her performance, she took on Attention by Charlie Puth which showcased her ability as a singer especially with a take on a pop boy song.  With the format of the show, she finally performed for the 4th time on Episode 11 and Episode 12 which was the finale - I truly hate the format how limited we are in seeing the contestant's performances.  For her final clue packages, the clues were: there's a basketball net, coming out of retirement, a keyboard, and the number 7 being highlighted. And her last two performances were Bad Girl by Usher, and Lost Without U by Robin Thicke... Eventually, she was crowned as the winner!  

After the judges guessing Alicia Keys, Aisha Tyler, Keyshia Cole, and Monica all season long, Jenny & Robin "magically" realized that this was no other than Teyana Taylor. And for her clues, once you know about her, it was obvious that it was going to be Teyana Taylor - for me, it was the picture of Kanye West, TNT explosive and Jojo Siwa clue that truly gave it away as she is DWTS winner, Iman's wife.  Overall, she was a strong contestant who delivered week after week - I probably would have let her survived a few more rounds before targeting but when it comes between her and Ra'Jah O'Hara, I had to choose Ra'Jah O'Hara. 

SAVING: RA'JAH O'HARA

Edited by *Chris

• Alex95 changed the title to 2022 Reality Stars Rankdown - Derek’s Noms Next

Oh wow I don't think I realized that Lady Camden was the first British-American to compete on Drag Race (US). She was someone that wasn't really on my radar but eventually grew on me at around the halfway point of the season. I feel I would need a refresher of her standout moments but she's had plenty of them. She's quite elegant, very likable and proved to be quite the contender of her season and ended up becoming one of my faves. 

Sad to see Teyana Taylor "Firefly" go. Though I get it under the circumstances. :( She was a really strong contestant that delivered a lot of variety and strong performances in her run. It was fun to watch her... and I just loved how strong of a performer she was on the show!  :wub:  Ooh and wow I forgot about that scary moment she had with her first performance. She was a deserving winner and I was happy with her winning.  Excellent write-up on her, Chris! :yes:

But phew, just glad that difficult round is over now. :dead: 

• Like 1

Baga Chips (Drag Race UK vs the World)
Courtney Boerner (Love Island US)
Deborah "Deb" Chubb (Love Island US)
Devix (The Voice US)
Emma Bunton & Mel B "Jared" (The Circle)
Genevieve Parisi (The Bachelor)
Jared Hassim (Love Island US)
Jesse Bray (Love Island US)
Jillian "Jill" Chin (The Bachelor)
Kim Cruse (The Voice US)
Mackenzie Dipman (Love Island US)
Parijita Bastola (The Voice US)
Sierra Jackson (The Bachelor)
Teddi Wright (The Bachelor)

Baga Chipz

Baga Chipz Drag Race Uk GIF - Baga Chipz Drag Race Uk Drag Race - Discover  & Share GIFs

Two drag contestants cut by me in a row?  What a world. You're welcome in advance Akshar.  So, I feel like I have played pretty fair to the rankers up to this point. However, I was very much not a fan of the direction of the last set of nominations, as a result I feel like this is a perfectly fair cut.  Jujubee and Jimbo were both sent to the slaughter over Baga, so Baga really needs to not be in the rankdown any longer.

Baga has had immunity up to this point and thus is in the Top 250, so there is that.  I am far from a Baga Chips fan or supporter though.  I didn't mind her Top 3 placement in her season, but I learned I disliked her in UK vs the World. Baga Chips drag feels like a drunken pub performer gets up on stage and performs.  I hated Bagas talent show number "Much Betta".  Baga has felt like she had a superiority complex all season, and had a really bad attitude for the first 2/3rds of the competition.

I will say, Baga did deserve her snatch game win.  She did a great job.  However I am a firm believer she could have easily been eliminated in week 1, 2 or 3 as her performances, and designs were all bottom worthy. Baga wound up getting eliminated in the lipsync for the crown.  We all knew she would, as she's a terrible lipsyncer.  Her elimination lead to Mo Heart getting a spot in the Top 2. For someone who has had so much success since her original run, I was really let down by the runways she brought to the competition.

Bye bye, Baga. Congrats on all your success in the UK!

Save: Parijita

Edited by Solaris

EMMA BUNTON & MEL B. 

THE CIRCLE - SEASON 4

The-Circle-Season-4-08.jpg

We all love the Spice Girls especially Emma Bunton (Baby Spice) and Mel B. (Scary Spice) but at this point of the rankdown, I believe this is one of the easiest cut to make considering their limited participation on the show & that their participation on the show was a move by the production ; I would even go further that I personally don't think they should have been included in this or having made it this far but I digress...  As mentioned, their participation on Netflix's The Circle was heavily curated by the production : Their character was chosen for them by the top influencer of the week - they would have entered as whoever was chosen; They played as Jared who is a children author but they were able to do their own strategy which honestly, I forgot about because they weren't the highlight of the season.  Behind their participation on the show was a catfishing mission with a limited time frame - if they can go unnoticed as catfish by the other contestants, the prize will increase by $50,000...  Throughout their time on the show, the production made sure to give hints about their involvement by having a 90's dance party to Wannabe, some super fans, and I believe there was even some convo about Spice Girls happening in the chat.  Shortly after the dance party, it was revealed that Baby Spice & Scary Spice was in the competition and they must figure out which profile it is - they had fun with this as they really tried to throw people off with Jared ; At the end of the day, the majority didn't vote for Jared as the catfish and therefore, the prize increased.   They left the competition on Episode 5 and they completed their "twist" mission as fans of the show ; It was fun but it kinda took away the original fun from the show, in my opinion, and the best part was just seeing them in that setting but as I said before, this is a good enough spot for them considering what was achieved on the show & I don't want to outlast actual players from the season. 

SAVING: KIM CRUSE

Edited by *Chris

11 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Baga Chipz

Baga Chipz Drag Race Uk GIF - Baga Chipz Drag Race Uk Drag Race - Discover  & Share GIFs

Two drag contestants cut by me in a row?  What a world. You're welcome in advance Akshar.  So, I feel like I have played pretty fair to the rankers up to this point. However, I was very much not a fan of the direction of the last set of nominations, as a result I feel like this is a perfectly fair cut.  Jujubee and Jimbo were both sent to the slaughter over Baga, so Baga really needs to not be in the rankdown any longer.

Baga has had immunity up to this point and thus is in the Top 250, so there is that.  I am far from a Baga Chips fan or supporter though.  I didn't mind her Top 3 placement in her season, but I learned I disliked her in UK vs the World. Baga Chips drag feels like a drunken pub performer gets up on stage and performs.  I hated Bagas talent show number "Much Betta".  Baga has felt like she had a superiority complex all season, and had a really bad attitude for the first 2/3rds of the competition.

I will say, Baga did deserve her snatch game win.  She did a great job.  However I am a firm believer she could have easily been eliminated in week 1, 2 or 3 as her performances, and designs were all bottom worthy. Baga wound up getting eliminated in the lipsync for the crown.  We all knew she would, as she's a terrible lipsyncer.  Her elimination lead to Mo Heart getting a spot in the Top 2. For someone who has had so much success since her original run, I was really let down by the runways she brought to the competition.

Bye bye, Baga. Congrats on all your success in the UK!

Save: Parijita

Thank you for saving Parijita! 🤍

• Like 1

Devix (The Voice, American season 22)

42b55852-2fa8-4cfc-8ce3-49fd7c0e568e-Scr

Devix is a 28-year old singer who competed on the 22nd season of the American edition of The Voice. I feel like Devix kinda got lucky in this game as he was often nominated a lot and was often a default save for some of us. I know that happened to me once when I did a save for him. :lmao: Anywho, Devix's blind audition happened on Episode 2 where he sang "Heat Waves" and got a 3-chair turn from John Legend, Gwen Stefani and the coach he would ultimately end up choosing, Camila Cabello. In the battle rounds, Devix beat out Sasha Hurtado with his performance of "Electric Feel." Devix continued to impress with his performance of "Yellow" in the Knockout rounds where he beat out Andrew Igbokidi and Steven McMorran.

Then come the Top 16 live Playoffs round. Devix sang "Sex on Fire" by Kings of Leon and advanced to the next round via the Public vote. Sadly, Devix wasn't so lucky the following week as on Top 13 week, he sang "R U Mine?" by the Arctic Monkeys, which landed him in the Bottom 4 the following night. For his Save Me performance, Devix sang "When You Were Young" by The Killers but was ultimately eliminated in a triple elimination. Overall, Devix was talented and he was cool but he was never one of my major favorites. I think I was fine when he left - although I wouldn't have minded if he stayed in another week over some Team Blake people, lol. I will post his Blind audition below.

Saving: Teddi Wright

a7a435a0-6d0a-11ec-af80-c98f8acf39ca_120

JESSE BRAY

jesse-bray.png

Jesse Bray was a contestant on Love Island USA Season 4. I don't watch Love Island episodes, I normally just watch some of the clips on YouTube. I don't think I've come across Jesse. But anyway, he arrived at the Villa on Day 1 and was vulnerable & single in Week 3, whatever that means. And then he was safe for the rest of the season. He made it all the way to the Finale with Deb, who he was paired with for like a good majority of the season besides the time when he was vulnerable & single. Anyway, in the Finale, they placed 3rd, I think it's a public vote for the winner, right? Anyway, easy cut for me since I haven't a clue who he is.

Save: Genevieve Parisi

I haven't seen Baga Chipz on UK vs. The World but all of the gifs I see of her has me in stitches. :dead:  Dying at the "drag feels like a drunken pub performer gets up on stage and performs" comment as I can see that in the gifs. :dead:  I did like her on her original season (though not a top favorite) so I'm not sure I would like her as much this season.

Lmaoo it still trips me out that Emma & Mel B did The Circle. I was curious about all of this and what transpired to this. It's not surprising that they were part of a Production's twist or what not. But this was a fascinating read to read about them with their twist. Not surprised that they were apart of the true premise of the show (as I'm sure they were contracted to do just a few episodes?).

Jesse was pretty chill, laid back and fine enough on LI. I do think he got overshadowed by bigger personalities. He did seem conflicted and hesistant (or moved at a slower pace) on his feelings regarding Deb, while she seemed more into him. Their differences did balance well as she was so out there and had a big personality. But eventually they found their way with each other so that was nice to see at the end.  And to answer the question Akshar, yess it is a public vote at the end for the favorite couple. :yes: