24 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Season 21

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I gave it a C. 

The Top 10 was very weak. Iam, Megan, and Wé were the highlights. We needed less of Colin/Oliver/Warren/Zachariah and more of vocally capable contestants like Kaeyra, Olivia, etc. Because of the rather quick format, the "non-Minivan bait" females really suffered this season. 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 2

The early elimination of Kaeyra, Nailyah, Emma, Olivia and even Elise made this go from a B to a C.

That's half of the best singers gone in 2 episodes. Shame, the female cast was so strong.

Some of the male contestants were consistent, but none on the vocal level of past singers like Willie, Jeremiah or Christian. Or as interesting as Hunter, Fritz, Alejandro, Francisco

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 2

A: Perfect winner and a great runner-up. Even got the satisfaction of seeing a country WGWG get a surprise elimination lol. 

The talent was excellent this year and the show got a lot of buzz. We got an Idol sensation this year with Iam that we’ve needed for a long time. Someone to finally break up the monotony of the same type of winners over and over. 

Yes, it sucks that Kaeyra and Olivia were shut out of the Top 12. I’d definitely trade them for a few others that made it. But overall, I was invested in this season and my favorite person won for the first time since Maddie Poppe. 

10 hours ago, m1key said:

I gave it a C. 

The Top 10 was very weak. Iam, Megan, and Wé were the highlights. We needed less of Colin/Oliver/Warren/Zachariah and more of vocally capable contestants like Kaeyra, Olivia, etc. Because of the rather quick format, the "non-Minivan bait" females really suffered this season. 

But there were 6 women and 6 guys in the Top 12.  They are not going to have a Top 12 with just 2 guys.

Was Megan really the highlight?  In as far as stage presence, personality, the other women were stronger.

6 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

But there were 6 women and 6 guys in the Top 12.  They are not going to have a Top 12 with just 2 guys.

Was Megan really the highlight?  In as far as stage presence, personality, the other women were stronger.

I would've swapped the women I mentioned with Haven/Marybeth. Obviously there would've never been that lopsided of a ratio.

Edited by m1key

11 hours ago, m1key said:

I gave it a C. 

This is pretty much exactly my take. Though I think Katy should have coached Haven over whoever else was doing it because I feel she clearly benefitted during her finale duet as a result. I also would have liked to see more out of Tyson. Even the few times Zachariah slowed it down wasn't enough to put this season any higher.

Edited by NGL2008