RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 8

Elliott

14 hours ago, *Lily said:

Oof, loaded episode. I could feel for everyone in that situation. Sad with how it ended but, can understand why Heidi made the choice to leave.

I haven’t really been a Jimbo fan yet this season but that Snatch Game and the tap dancing had me CACKLING. Well deserved win but I beg someone else starts to step up so I don’t have to watch her lip sync again.

Alexis Michelle continuing to make everything about her :wub: Why did it take this long to put her on an All-Stars cast

The SHADE but I completely agree. :dead: :haha: 

Okay so I usually watch Drag Race on Saturday.... well mostly because the regular season shows come out on Friday night and I save them the next day. But I had nothing to watch so I decided to watch this episode tonight.

Wow..... this episode had a lot going on in it.

The Snatch Game was fun. I thought Jaymes was hilarious and fun as Jennifer Coolidge. She had the voice and mannerisms down. This was my favorite week from Jaymes and I would have loved to have seen her win. A shame about the complaints about her runway which caused her not to win. Alexis did well too. I'm not that familiar with Bea Arthur so it was a little hard for me to connect/get her but she was funny. Heidi and Kandy were funny with their characters too.

Ooh wow... a 3rd win for Jimbo. I was not expecting that. She was fun and hilarious as Shirley Temple. So it was a deserving win... but this is gona make her even more of a target. Now I'm wishing Heidi or La La had won last week. But yeah I'm hoping Jimbo doesn't win much more challenges going forward because she does not bring it in these lip syncs and it makes these lip sync battles less iconic - though her challengers like Jasmine Kennedy slayed and killed it on her end. :omg: 

Oooof these acting and improv challenges are really killing Kahanna, ugh. >.< Sadly she's the weakest in these challenges and this was proof of that. :( She continues on killing it with her runway looks though. I also wanted Jessica's act to work and be funnier as I am rooting for her but I thought she was the second weakest. So a fair Bottom 2 this week. I'm glad Ru didn't make it an elimination as I did not want to see either of them going.

Then there's the work room drama. Wowww that was a lot and quite intense. I was loving all of the juicy drama at first because it was like one thing coming up and then another. But... gah, it was all a lot on Heidi and made her reach her breaking point causing her to quit which I was not enjoying. :broken: This was all sad and heartbreaking to see. But with her almost wanting to quit a few weeks ago and not winning the challenges + that disappointment she felt, I could see something like this coming. :( I'm sad she never got her winning moment as she's done better than I think the judges/Ru gave her credit for and I think she should have gotten 1 win (namely last week's challenge and been in the top group for the design challenge). And something just didn't feel the same about her this season like in S12, where she seemed so joyous and loving life/the competition and all. While I am sad to see Heidi go and, in this fashion, I respect it and think it was the right thing for her to do. Her passion didn't seem to be there and this competition/drama seemed like it could mess with her mental health.... and that's something she's got to take care of first. I hope I'm not crossing any hairs/lines with my comments but I did really feel for Heidi. :( I hope she's doing well/better now and of course wishing her all the best and happiness. ❤️ 

15 hours ago, *Lily said:

Well deserved win but I beg someone else starts to step up so I don’t have to watch her lip sync again.

You just know these other queens are begging to be the queen to win after Jimbo.

I’ve always had mixed feelings on Jimbo, but she is dominating this season like Alaska, Shea, or DeLa dominated theirs. I just don’t see a scenario where anyone else wins at this point but who knows. And it would be so well deserved

• Like 3

1. Jimbo - another iconic Snatch Game form JImbo.  We were robbed of a UK vs the World Snatch Game from Jimbo.  Shes up there with the best collection of Characters. That runway was brilliant too.

2. Jaymes - I have been waiting for a great Jennifer Coolidge, and I stanned.  This is her best week!

3. Alexis - she played well with Jimbo, her only problem was having to compete against Jimbo this week.

4. Heidi - so I thought Heidi did a great job in her group and the improve was well done. 

5. Kandy  - I didn't love it.  But she didn't make any mistakes. I liked her nickname for Lala though.

6. Lala - talk about coasting this season.

7. Jessica - oof this feels bad, but this was terrible.  She looked good though.

8. Kahanna - this was a huge mess.  Her runways are starting to feel same-y to me now.  I've stated how I hate when Drag Queens impersonate other Drag Queens on drag race.

Jasmine did a great job in the lipsync, and a well earned win.

Probably my favourite Rusical ever? So many amazing parts to it.

01. Kandy - She owned the episode. The drama she brings, her performance and her runway were all amazing.

02. Alexis - I think Alexis was amazing this week. She took a role and made it her own.

03. LaLa - Her performance was great but that runway was not it.
04. Kahanna - Nailed the choreo but I don’t get how they wanted her to show Joan Crawford as a showgirl other than doing what Jimbo did last week. I think she would’ve been the only one to do this role successfully. 
05. Jessica - I forgot about her this week. 
06. Jaymes - That runway was terrible but she did well in the Rusical. 
07. Jimbo - I feel as if the part Jimbo played was an afterthought and didn’t really have a place in the Rusical. Other than that I’m bored and all of her characters seem the same. 

Alexis was robbed, Kandy did not deserve to win and her runway was NOT good. I would have even given Lala or Jessica the win over Kandy this week. Kahanna is very much overstaying her welcome as well imo. Jaymes really impressed me this time around, sad to see her go. Having said all of this, AS8 is turning out to be how I feared AS6 would, with a hodgepodge cast of early outs and random early season queens. No one is really giving Jimbo much competition and if anyone besides him wins this season (at this point), it will be a pretty disappointing conclusion tbh.

• Like 1

I didn't love the rusical.  Its not one of the bottom ones, but it doesn't touch the greats. That win felt manufactured for story purposes.  I just was surprised Jimbo wasn't bottom 2 for that story to play out! DIdn't care for the lipsync either.  Congrats on 30k Kandy.

1. Jessica - I would have given her the win this week, as I liked the collective package of her performance and runway the best.

2. Alexis - I thought Alexis should have been in the top.

3. Kandy - should have been in the Top but that runway should have kept her out of the win.  Surprise another body suit from Kandy for the lip-sync.  

4. Jimbo - decent job in the rusical and great runway.

5. Jaymes - better average over Kahanna or Lala, but I understand why she was cut this week.

6. Lala - Opposite of Kahanna, I liked her performance but her runway was awful. Of the runways of the top 7 her are the weakest, over the Kandy Kollection.

7. Kahanna - Didn't love it.  Loved her runway though.

Edited by Solaris

I honestly didn't think Kahanna was like... bad in the challenge at all, and I liked the runway a lot. I thought the only person who was a little lackluster in the challenge was Jimbo tbh, but I'm not going to complain about Jimbo being saved lol. They clearly didn't want to risk it and I didn't want them to either. 

It's just unfortunate that next week appears to be YET ANOTHER acting challenge and the contestants that we've lost recently are Darienne, Kasha, Heidi, and Jaymes. 

• Like 2

Hmm this was an interesting week. I thought the Rusical was fun and I thought the Queens all did really well in it. 

I did feel like the start of this episode made it seem like it was going to be Alexis and Jaymes' week with Kandy & Jessica struggling but then.... opposite happened.

I thought Kandy did really well and impressed me more than I was expecting. She was a lot of fun with her role but I'm with those that didn't think she should have won. I was surprised about that. I think I would have given Jessica the win. I would have given Lala the win as well as I really loved her performance but agree that her runway look was a bit disappointing.

I was also kinda surprised about Alexis just being safe. Again, I thought this was going to be her week to shine. I wouldn't have minded her being in the top group. Jimbo getting safe on the Rusical challenge was really the best outcome for her. She likely would have gone if she was in the bottom, with Kandy's vote being the factor, lol.

The lip sync between Kandy and Angeria was a lot of fun. And these lip syncs are a lot more fun with two solid performers. I had a feeling Kandy was going to win it. Well done to her getting that $30K. But yeah I loved seeing Angeria back on the show and hope to see her on an All-Stars season soon. ❤️

Ahh now the Bottom 2 is interesting too. I have been (and still am) really rooting for Kahanna and I still remember how much she impressed me that first week. Like Derek said, I didn't think she was bad in the Rusical. She danced/performed her part really well and she delivered another gorgeous runway look. It's such a shame she's been in the bottom group 3 times now. :( And it's unfortunate it was a stacked week as I thought she did enough not to be in danger. As a fan, I am happy she got to stay, but it's sad seeing her feeling defeated at this point. Then another (improv) acting challenge coming up, I would be surprised if she makes it through next week. I feel like it probably would have been best for her to have gone this week but hoping she can surprise with the challenge next week.

Then Jaymes.... wow I feel bad for Jaymes. I wasn't a huge fan but she had been growing on me more and more each week. I thought she did a great job in the Rusical and was fun to watch. But then yeahh... the runway look was messy and not good. I didn't really get was going on so I understand that putting her in the bottom. I think objectively speaking, she probably should have stayed. I was shocked seeing her go as I really was not expecting it - I thought Kahanna was that easy vote to go. I still felt like Jaymes had more to offer. So yeah I felt bad for Jaymes because of that and she was doing so well. :( I wouldn't be surprised if Kandy voted Jaymes out for being the bigger threat. :ph34rwave: But all in all, I'm proud of Jaymes for making a bigger impression and improving big time from her original season.

On 6/11/2023 at 4:38 PM, *Wallace said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Kandy voted Jaymes out for being the bigger threat. :ph34rwave:

It was unanimous for Jaymes with the queens as well. They’re all closer to Kahanna out of the show than they are with Jaymes, fwiw. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Elliott said:

It was unanimous for Jaymes with the queens as well. They’re all closer to Kahanna out of the show than they are with Jaymes, fwiw. 

Ah yeah I saw that later on while watching the Untucked episode. I was really shocked about that. 😮 I was expecting Kahanna to get more votes with Jaymes getting a few but was not expecting Jaymes to get all the votes. Ah with that reasoning, that makes sense with how the votes went.

For me, Lala was the winner last week and Jessica was the winner this week. Even so, I was living for Kandy last week. But this week I'm kind of over her again lol. 

Once again I'm wondering why Kahanna was in the bottom??? I also found myself kind of hoping that they would keep Kahanna for the drama lololol. Of course next week is a design challenge that should probably would have been more confident in. Honestly, her time was up especially after trying to quit so I'm not going to be rioting over her elimination, but maybe she wouldn't have been so discouraged if she was given the praise she deserved this whole time 🤔

I don't think this is a bad season by any means, I'm enjoying the drama and the challenges. But when there are so many contestants willing to give up and quit, something really wrong is happening and I hope this is a wake-up call to the producers. Something is going on between this format, the contracts, and the casting, and all of it is connected. 

Edited by FrogLenzen
  • Like 1

Poor Kahanna. She never did as bad as the judges said. I completely agree with everything that Derek said. They really need to think about the way produce the storylines because to break people down is not entertaining.

This week

01. LaLa - She was the star of the show.

02. Kahanna - She did well enough in the challenge and her runway was leagues ahead of everything else this week. Actually, every single week.

03. Alexis - I don’t think she did bad but it wasn’t great.

05. Jessica - Boring.

05. Jimbo - I can’t with the blatant favouritism.
06. Kandy - It pains me but her character wasn’t good.

Overall

01. Kandy

02. Alexis

03. LaLa

04. Jessica

100. Jimbo

The judging these last 2 weeks were crazy with their winners. The wrong person went home this week too.

1. Schtink Finger - hilarious

2. Kahanna - I really liked what she did this week in the improve.  Her best outside of the ball and week 1.

3. Jessica - Ura Drag was fantastic.  

4. Lala - She annoyed me at the start of the episode, and I didn't think her acting was all that.  Definitely better then the other 2.  Her lipsync was good though.  She's never had an issue proving she's a good lipsyncer though. Still perplexed how she's made it this far, shes been meh to bad almost every week besides this and 1 other round. 

5. Alexis - not a strong week.  She could have done more with her character.

6. Kandy - acting as Kandy like she does every acting challenge/snatch game.  This should have been her swan song.

Overall:

1. Jimbo

2. Jessica

3. Alexis

4. Kandy

5. Lala

I agree with a lot of what's been posted on here on this week's episode. I particularly agree with a lot of Derek's comments.

I do think Lala was the star of the episode/challenge. She had a big character, was fun and hilarious throughout it all. Her runway probably wasn't the very best but it was fun and funny. I do think she deserved her win. I was happy for her winning the lipsync too.

But I do agree with a lot of what's been said about Kahanna this week. I thought she did really well and rose to the challenge, which we all know isn't her strongsuit. I thought she was funny and did really well - and she was a standout to me.... or well in the Top 3 for me. Jessica also did really well I thought.

Kandy and Jimbo did well enough but I feel like we've seen these characters from them before. Jimbo was the zany OTT character but it wasn't a major standout/or something new from her. Kandy played her same Kandy character she usually does. I thought it was funny but it wasn't anything new. I would have had one of them in the bottom.

I keep waiting for Alexis to have a breakout moment but I feel like something is always missing with her performances and they come off safe. She didn't really do much with her character. I felt bad for her that she couldn't get her top or 2nd picks here. She was at a disadvantage but couldn't really raise above it. :( 

Kahanna was on borrowed time and on an overall stance, this was a fair cut. I'm glad she ended her time on the show on a high note with a challenge not in her wheelhouse. I'm also glad she didn't quit - so she could end on a high note here.

Yeah this season just isn’t really doing it for me, unfortunately. I’m glad Lala clinched her win this week though :wub:

Also agree on the points re Kahanna. I think she was basically treated as filler since that first week but did well.

Current overall rankings:

1. Lala - Consistently entertaining, glad we finally saw her lip-sync, even where her runways are still kinda missing the mark I’m enjoying her a lot.

2. Jessica - Loving her this time around. Consistently has performed at a high level.

3. Alexis - The dramatics…I still live

4. Jimbo - For someone who brought the drama a lot before, she’s kinda a surprisingly lighter and enjoyable presence for me this time lol.

5. Kandy - Wanted to be a fan of Kandy this season but I’m again over it. She did great last week, otherwise I’m just bored.

The judging decisions are ruining this season.

I actually really enjoyed Kahanna in the acting challenge; I would've had Kandy there over her. But I guess if she wanted to quit, Ru didn't want to keep her around. Kahanna also probably realized the show didn't want to keep her around, but I'm surprised she didn't try to pull the "Clearly I'm not winning this season, keep me around over Alexis and you know you'll go further" argument.

I think LaLa's found her footing now compared to the first couple of weeks, but Jessica was the clear winner of the challenge imo. Her and Jimbo are carrying this season.

Overall:

01. Jimbo

02. Jessica Wild

03. LaLaRi

04. Kandy Muse

05. Alexis Michelle

38 minutes ago, Elliott said:

but Jessica was the clear winner of the challenge imo.

I originally was set on Lala but the more I see Jessica’s “EBT card” monologue I’m changing my mind. Truly delivered like a comedic genius

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

I originally was set on Lala but the more I see Jessica’s “EBT card” monologue I’m changing my mind. Truly delivered like a comedic genius

Guacamole’s expensive