Overdone Songs: Choose your favorite performance!

Hamza Tufail

Choose Your Favorite  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Take Me To Church

• Matt McAndrew
    • India Carney
    • We McDonald
    • Stephan Marcellus
    • Christiana Danielle
    • Carter Lloyd Horne
    • Cam Anthony
    • Tasha Jessen
  2. 2. I Put A Spell On You

• Jaquie Lee
    • Rob Taylor
    • Joe Maye
    • Chris Weaver
    • Beth Griffith-Manley
    • Cami Clune
    • NOIVAS
  3. 3. All By Myself

• Cheesa
    • Lexi Davilla
    • Keisha Renee
    • Hello Sunday
    • John Holiday
    • Kim Cruse
    • Kylee Dayne

• The only versions that I like are Matt, Cam, and Tasha. I choose Matt bc he performed it the best. Cam's performance was Pitch perfect, the best technical of the three tho.

• Jaquie, Chris, and NOIVAS all had stellar versions. I liked Cami's blind, battle, and PO, but her KO was my least fav performance from her. I think I'm gonna go with NOIVAS here. Jaquie's vocals were Insane, but there were some parts that weren't pleasant to my ears.

• The easiest of them all, John Holiday. Hated Keisha's version a lot. It was so draggy, slow-yy, I was about to fell a sleep. The only part that I liked was the last part. Not a fan of others as well.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

• The only versions that I like are Matt, Cam, and Tasha. I choose Matt bc he performed it the best. Cam's performance was Pitch perfect, the best technical of the three tho.

• Jaquie, Chris, and NOIVAS all had stellar versions. I liked Cami's blind, battle, and PO, but her KO was my least fav performance from her. I think I'm gonna go with NOIVAS here. Jaquie's vocals were Insane, but there were some parts that weren't pleasant to my ears.

• The easiest of them all, John Holiday. Hated Keisha's version a lot. It was so draggy, slow-yy, I was about to fell a sleep. The only part that I liked was the last part. Not a fan of others as well.

Agreed with almost everything.

Awesome how good all 3 of those IPASOY covers are. All very different vibes and excellent in their own ways.

But Keisha's cover is the closest in length to the original? Anyways, didn't you say she was an overrated vocalist? Boy bye. 

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Agreed with almost everything.

Awesome how good all 3 of those IPASOY covers are. All very different vibes and excellent in their own ways.

But Keisha's cover is the closest in length to the original? Anyways, didn't you say she was an overrated vocalist? Boy bye. 

She is.

• Confused 1

Cam 

Jacquie

John H

Fwiw, since this discussion is starting again, I’ll put in my two cents: I don’t think Keisha’s version was bad, although I also don’t think it was great as everyone else says. B+ for me probably. What bothered me about Keisha was her clogging up simple songs with so many runs and overdone things, this was a problem in her BA and I maintain her SF performance was terrible. Not sure how much I can say that objectively, but it wasn’t a pleasant listen at all.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Cam 

Jacquie

John H

Fwiw, since this discussion is starting again, I’ll put in my two cents: I don’t think Keisha’s version was bad, although I also don’t think it was great as everyone else says. B+ for me probably. What bothered me about Keisha was her clogging up simple songs with so many runs and overdone things, this was a problem in her BA and I maintain her SF performance was terrible. Not sure how much I can say that objectively, but it wasn’t a pleasant listen at all.

See I get that. I didn't mind it most of the time  (probably cause she actually executed her runs, unlike some contestants..) and at least she tried to bring her own spin to the songs she covered.

but I can definitely see why that would bother most people. 

Unlike Hamza over here who's slandering Keisha's actual vocal abilities!

Edited by Hsamid
  • Haha 1