Chris' Drag Race Ruview - 2022 Edition!

*Chris

CHRIS' RANKING OF THE SEASONS AIRED IN 2022

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952a39642723b2db6ce4a422316e78b42b2bc7a1d2b&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
(Note: This is the start of the best seasons of the year, in my opinion, so really struggled with some of the ranking)

07. RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE : UK vs THE WORLD

DRUK_V_WORLD_Landscape.jpg

The 3rd and 4th episode were easily the two best of the season, and potentially the peak of the season? I do appreciate that they changed up the Snatch Game, and they went away with the Snatch Game of Love. One of my criticisms for the season is that I wish that the season was longer, and wish we had more queens in the cast - the same goes for CAN vs. the World ; Also, the decision were bit questionable as I do think Mo Heart should have won, Jujubee and Baga Chipz didn’t really deserve their spot in the finale…. Hopefully this ranking is not that controversial or unpopular.

06. DRAG RACE FRANCE : SEASON 1

Drag-Race-France.jpg

As a first season, I thought Drag Race France was excellent from start to finish with some little bumps in the middle such as the challenge ; There was a clear Top 3 and everyone was just competing to see when they’re going to get eliminated. That being said, the season certainly delivered on the runway, and I lived for the guest judges & lip sync songs that were chosen for this season.  Anyone who had doubts about Nicky Doll’s ability as a host were proven wrong this season as Nicky absolutely excelled in her mother tongue and her understanding of what the queens went through was exactly what some of these queens needed.

05. CANADA'S DRAG RACE : SEASON 3

CDR_S3_QueenComp_Final_V2.jpg?ixlib=react-9.5.1-beta.1&auto=format&crop=faces,%20edges&ar=16:9&fit=crop&q=60&w=1400&dpr=1

While this may be my least favorite out of the 3 seasons of Canada’s Drag Race, it’s not because of the season itself but due to the peak & high quality of the first two seasons.  That being said, I still really enjoyed this season from the queens to the runway to the drama to the delusion and self-sabotage to the winner of the season. But I do wish that some of the challenges were a tad bit better, but still enjoy the queens of this season and everything about it ; I know this rank could be a bit unpopular as a lot of people call it one of the most boring season ever.

04. DRAG RACE PHILIPPINES : SEASON ONE

drag-race-philippines-season-1-1659015795.jpg

This reminded me of old-school Drag Race, and I absolutely loved every minute of it. The queens were amazing, the runways were excellent, and they showed the world what the Philippines are made of when it comes to Drag - I thought the series did an excellent job at showcasing the drag culture of the Philippines.  There’s certainly some things to improve such as the running time, but at the same time, we got to see more of their challenges which we don’t see on the regular Drag Race.  My ranking may be heavily influenced as I just finished it but even without that fact, I do think it was an excellent season and I’d recommend it to everyone - like France, they have the potential of becoming one of the best along with España.

I guess I should wait until the whole list is posted before I post my own ranking haha

It doesn't matter how good any of the vs. the world seasons were because they were just too short to do anything. Too many queens in the finals compared to the number of episodes and size of the cast. 

Canada 3 was such a blur lol. I always confuse it with season 2 when I try to remember what happened. Miss Fiercalicious was like.. the only highlight for me 

I didn't enjoy Philippines that much mostly because each episode dragged onnnnn and onnnnnnnnn and also I didn't know enough of the references. But the references thing happens with any season. Xilhouette is iconic. I don't feel like PPN was the strongest winner overall but PPN doing her crazy dance after winning the crown made me cackle

France... hmmm I have to think about that one some more to figure out how I would rank it. Nicky was flawless tho

3 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

I guess I should wait until the whole list is posted before I post my own ranking haha

It doesn't matter how good any of the vs. the world seasons were because they were just too short to do anything. Too many queens in the finals compared to the number of episodes and size of the cast. 

Canada 3 was such a blur lol. I always confuse it with season 2 when I try to remember what happened. Miss Fiercalicious was like.. the only highlight for me 

I didn't enjoy Philippines that much mostly because each episode dragged onnnnn and onnnnnnnnn and also I didn't know enough of the references. But the references thing happens with any season. Xilhouette is iconic. I don't feel like PPN was the strongest winner overall but PPN doing her crazy dance after winning the crown made me cackle

France... hmmm I have to think about that one some more to figure out how I would rank it. Nicky was flawless tho

Yes, correct 🙂 

I do agree with about Vs The World but I still really enjoy them. Looking back at it, I might have Canada vs the world too high but can’t go back now.

My CAN 3 is your RPDR14!

I agree about the dragging but disagree about everyone else, beside Xilohouette. But I am a PPN fan so 😘 

3 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

Sad to hear that Drag Race Canada dropped in quality!

Not surprised to see UK vs The World low as it was a bit of a mess from what I've seen of it. :haha: 

Quality is still very strong but the guest judges rooster was lacklustre this year, and I think we find it dropped in quality because season one and two were strong. As a whole, Canada is still one of the best for me.

31 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Quality is still very strong but the guest judges rooster was lacklustre this year, and I think we find it dropped in quality because season one and two were strong. As a whole, Canada is still one of the best for me.

If Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman wasn't there, that's got to be a net plus for the panel. :giggle: 

1 hour ago, #jeah said:

You are literally speaking to one but go off

You make it seem like everyone loves her.  I know thats not factual. I said Ra'Jah made a perfectly fine runner-up in All-stars, but Ra'Jah didn't impress this time around.  I found her weak in 2 of the 5 weeks, and her runways were a step down from All-stars besides one. She had a killer final lipsync and a good snatch game.  Outside of that, I won't remember her run from CvtW.  I am happy for her fans to have her as a winner but I won't be one.  I blame her singing, as it annoys me greatly.

39 minutes ago, Solaris said:

You make it seem like everyone loves her. 

What lol, when did I do that? I was just making a dumb joke in my original comment because I know you’re ambivalent on her.

Edited by #jeah

9 minutes ago, #jeah said:

What lol, when did I do that? I was just making a dumb joke in my original comment because I know you’re ambivalent on her.

ambivalence is an accurate description on my thoughts on Ra'Jah.  

On 1/1/2023 at 12:09 PM, *Chris said:

07. RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE : UK vs THE WORLD

DRUK_V_WORLD_Landscape.jpg

Over *checks notes* everything below it!?!? Other than increasing Jimbo's booking fee and increasing my number of British twins to thirst over (hello Jonathan Bailey :stud:), I like to forget this season happened.

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Over *checks notes* everything below it!?!? Other than increasing Jimbo's booking fee and increasing my number of British twins to thirst over (hello Jonathan Bailey :stud:), I like to forget this season happened.

And introduced Pangina to everyone who never watched Thailand before !

5 hours ago, #jeah said:

I didn’t know you were a Ra’jah stan! ❤️ 

5 hours ago, Solaris said:

no one is.

5 hours ago, #jeah said:

You are literally speaking to one but go off

4 hours ago, Solaris said:

You make it seem like everyone loves her.  I know thats not factual. I said Ra'Jah made a perfectly fine runner-up in All-stars, but Ra'Jah didn't impress this time around.  I found her weak in 2 of the 5 weeks, and her runways were a step down from All-stars besides one. She had a killer final lipsync and a good snatch game.  Outside of that, I won't remember her run from CvtW.  I am happy for her fans to have her as a winner but I won't be one.  I blame her singing, as it annoys me greatly.

3 hours ago, #jeah said:

3 hours ago, Solaris said:

ambivalence is an accurate description on my thoughts on Ra'Jah.  

Season 6 GIF by Paramount+

• Haha 3

07. UK vs. The World - I don’t think this season gets enough credit. The gameplay by Pangina, Blu and Baga is some of the finest in both the All Star and Vs. The World history. The under appreciation of Baga delivering classic British drag just makes me adore her even more and the downward spiral of Jujubee was epic to watch. I’d also add that introducing Janey Jackè to the British audience was great! I think the show ended with the rightful winner and I’m not even sorry about it. The classic underdog story who did great for most of the season against queens who we expected more from. I’m in complete agreement with @FrogLenzen about the seasons amount of episodes. I think it highly favours queens who have been on Drag Race a couple of times previously but I’m not complaining as you’d all hate Silky if she hadn’t already returned and completed on an All Stars season and had her Rudemption. :rofl: I am wondering when Canada vs. The World is appearing though and I’m hoping it’s your Canadian bias or your overwhelming love for Silky that’s pushed it up a few spots. :giggle:I think it’s Rita, though!

06. I need to watch this but I don’t have WOW and it doesn’t air over here. I’ll have to Primewire it at some point.

05. I think some people only called it boring compared to the first two seasons of the show but it actually stands up against the other shows that aired last year. Fiercalicious absolutely dominating from halfway through the competition had Bimini vibes. Kimmy being constantly iconic and giving us life whenever she was able to perform. Vivian being the sweetest person ever. There were some really great characters but it’s a shame we ended up with that top two and I think I’ll always stand by that. Jaida had absolutely no right to be in the top two and should’ve been booted off wayyyyyyy before the finale. Gisèle had some good moments but I find her runways to be massively overrated next to some of the other queens. I just can’t see her offering us anything similar to the level of what Priyanka and Icesis are post Drag Race but let’s see.

04. Again, I need watch this.

• Like 1