Which of the top 13 has the best chance of making it big?

CocoaPuffs

Which of the top 13 has the best chance of making it big?   

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which one has the best chance at making it big (not including the winner)

• Eric
    • Alyssa
    • Devix
    • Rowan
    • Kique
    • Kim
    • Parijita
    • Justin
    • Brayden
    • Omar
    • Morgan
    • Bodie

1 hour ago, ptebwwong said:

Brayden has a chance.

Unfortunately, while Morgan has connections & experience in the country genre, her being a woman in the industry will matter. Also, her age will be a factor. 

Ashley McBryde broke through in her mid-30’s (she’s 39 now), so while I don’t disagree those things pose huge challenges, it’s not impossible. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Ashley McBryde broke through in her mid-30’s (she’s 39 now), so while I don’t disagree those things pose huge challenges, it’s not impossible. 

I like Ashley's music. However, I wouldn't be surprised if she's the outlier in the industry. 

16 minutes ago, ptebwwong said:

I like Ashley's music. However, I wouldn't be surprised if she's the outlier in the industry. 

I was wondering how that happened, so I looked it up. She was in the right place at the right time. “Bible and a .44” performance with Eric Church at one of his shows went viral. 

Any time a female breaks through in Nashville, it is an outlier. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I was wondering how that happened, so I looked it up. She was in the right place at the right time. “Bible and a .44” performance with Eric Church at one of his shows went viral. 

Any time a female breaks through in Nashville, it is an outlier. 

And they just performed it again at the Opry. So good.

6 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

oh yeahhh I did think it was impressive for someone like her to score a hit then keep the momentum. I am only familiar with “One Night Standards” and a few other songs but she seems very talented. it’s never too late i suppose.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

oh yeahhh I did think it was impressive for someone like her to score a hit then keep the momentum. I am only familiar with “One Night Standards” and a few other songs but she seems very talented. it’s never too late i suppose.

Right, she’s definitely not the typical country “star.” Her commercial potential is probably limited, but she’s been collecting awards and Grammy noms, and is probably making a good living doing it her way. 

• Like 1

In terms of crossover/genre straddling artists, Shania was 30. Sheryl was 31/32 and kept having pop hits into her early 40s. Little Big Town were mid 30s when Boondocks came and not until their 40s were Pontoon and Girl Crush hits.

Granted, that type of late breakthrough was more common in previous decades. The best recent example I can think of where the artist really dominated is Lizzo.

This is just my opinion, and not meant as advice, but I think for Morgan to have a shot at being the next Ashley McBryde, she’d probably have to depopify a little bit. 

She clearly can if she wants to. This is from last year, written about her manager, who was fired for embezzling, doubling as a relationship song. This a unmistakably country. Some of her other songs are more soulful and bluesy, and also not as poppy as some of her work. I get the impression that, and similar to this song below is the direction she wants to go. She very recently recorded a cover of “Either Way,” which is in this lane too. Hopefully, we won’t have to wait  very long to find out. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2