33 members have voted

1. 1. Choose:

• A (Excellent)
    • B (Very Good)
    • C (OK)
    • D (Supbar)
    • F (Fail)

It was meh.

- Pre-lives were worse than usual, and while the season found its footing during the lives, I don’t think I ever got invested in it.

- Fun cast but the more interesting people left early, and unlike last season I had a hard time connecting with the powerhouses (Morgan, Kim, Omar…)  

- The Voice really needs to update its songbook, it’s getting ridiculous.

- Blake needs to go, for obvious reasons.

- Serious lack of “moments” (this one is very subjective)

I would put it in the same tier as S6, S18 and S20 (just above the bottom)

Edited by Daillon

Like a C-. My investment in the show just dipped after Devix left. I respected Kim, Justin, Omar, etc. more than I liked them. Morgan and Bodie were really good but idk, wasn't in love with them like I was with GNT or Cam. Parijita was this season's Blind Audition wonder that never lived up to that performance. Bryce was ok, and Brayden.... sigh

I´d give it a B-

Step down from last season as a whole, quite a bumpy ride, but the highs were great for me.

Blinds were pretty slow and boring for the most part, battles were great, KOs were decent.

The lives were pretty solid for the most part, in particular the Playoffs and Finale. Pleasant surprise there. I actually preferred this finale show to last season´s.

Interesting cast. The country male area had potential, but it sort of crashed down. Bryce did pick it up in the final weeks, but still, I did expect more from the guy pre-season. The indie area was really good, anchored by bodie and Devix (he left too early), and people like Cara, who deserved the lives.

As for the winner, meh, I don´t really care who wins at this point. I guess I could make an argument for the last few weeks, but still, wouldn´t be my pick. Would have likely given it to Morgan, based on consistency, from an un-biased view.

• Like 1

D (Subpar)

• Camila wasn't a great coach. Her battle song choices were pretty awful and her decisions generally weren't that great. Her dynamic with the other coaches was pretty bad for a new coach. It definitely seems like the other coaches weren't as excited to work with her as they were with Ari, which is very understandable, but didn't make for great TV. I really enjoyed watching Camila's relationship with Morgan though; if Morgan had won, I probably would've rated this season higher...
  • The live shows were definitely dampened by a LOT of weak performers. I know this is true for basically all seasons, but it felt especially bad given the higher number of contenders this season and what should've been a better pool of talent to choose from. Kim, bodie, and Justin CARRIED the lives.
  • The 3 way KOs were terrible, and honestly, equally bad as the Cross Battles IMO. The trios were all nonsensical and clearly made to advance an obvious, predetermined winner. It felt like a lot more bussing than usual. I almost with there had been MORE shortclips so we didn't have to listen to so many of the terrible performances and so that Eric's KO could've been not montaged.
  • Terrible winner.

45 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

D (Subpar)

• Camila wasn't a great coach. Her battle song choices were pretty awful and her decisions generally weren't that great. Her dynamic with the other coaches was pretty bad for a new coach. It definitely seems like the other coaches weren't as excited to work with her as they were with Ari, which is very understandable, but didn't make for great TV. I really enjoyed watching Camila's relationship with Morgan though; if Morgan had won, I probably would've rated this season higher...
  • The live shows were definitely dampened by a LOT of weak performers. I know this is true for basically all seasons, but it felt especially bad given the higher number of contenders this season and what should've been a better pool of talent to choose from. Kim, bodie, and Justin CARRIED the lives.
  • The 3 way KOs were terrible, and honestly, equally bad as the Cross Battles IMO. The trios were all nonsensical and clearly made to advance an obvious, predetermined winner. It felt like a lot more bussing than usual. I almost with there had been MORE shortclips so we didn't have to listen to so many of the terrible performances and so that Eric's KO could've been not montaged.
  • Terrible winner.

Great insight! You are truly one of the most positive users on Idolforums :ohyeah:  /lh

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Mistake006 said:

Great insight! You are truly one of the most positive users on Idolforums :ohyeah:  /lh

:dead:

I agree with the 3WKOs being terrible though. I hope they never come back. Why couldn't they do 4 knockouts with one steal each, and then saved artists go to a single 4WKO?