American Idol Rankdown 3.0 (Rebooted)

sublymonal

EJAY DAY

Season 1 - 10th Place
MV5BMjAyMjQ4MDA0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjk5
Favourite Performance: :unsure:

EJay Day was the very first finalist to be eliminated in Idol history. How am I supposed to turn that into fifty words? :rofl: He was a part of the third group, where he sang Edwin McCain’s I'll Be. (This was in 2002, so it hadn’t become super overdone yet.) It was very meh, but it was S1, so he made it through to the Top 10. For Motown week, he sang My Girl and was promptly eliminated. if I remember correctly, he did a Janet Jackson song on the Idol tour that year. I’m also remembering that he was an alternate for someone who got booted from the semi-finals that year. I don’t know what he’s been up to in the years since his season.

SAVE: Blake Lewis

Colin Stough

colin-stough-american-idol-abc-emebed.jp

My strategy so far has been just to cut people that I don't care about and that I could easily write 50 words about. Colin was on season 21 of American Idol and he finished in 3rd place. I was pretty shocked that he didn't at least get 2nd place over Megan since he had all of the characteristics of an American Idol winner. Iam was the run away winner of that season no one was going to beat him. Colin was a male country singer that lacked talent and lasted way too long for the all of the obvious reasons. So he was definitely an easy choice to cut in this situation.   Since I know Elliott is an Alanis Morisette fan here is his performance of Hand In My Pocket.

Just now, Elliott said:

I don’t know if that’s supposed to be shade but I actually liked his Alanis performance. :dead: 

Nah no shade I was just scrolling through his performances and went with that one since it seemed like the most appropriate choice. :dead:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Nah no shade I was just scrolling through his performances and went with that one since it seemed like the most appropriate choice. :dead:

I actually think his Dancing On My Own performance was his best, but part of it was the shock of a conservative white guy from the south doing a Robyn song and not changing any of the genders.

Just now, Elliott said:

I actually think his Dancing On My Own performance was his best, but part of it was the shock of a conservative white guy from the south doing a Robyn song and not changing any of the genders.

I had a pretty low opinion on all of them so I was really sure what people generally thought was the best. 

9726628f8ff450b0ae6102a35ce9ace5

Caleb Kennedy

I did my cursory look starting at the top and again choosing a contestant I didn't quite remember. So obviously I plugged his name in to Google to see if I could job my memory and remember anything and this headline came up "‘American Idol’ Singer Caleb Kennedy Denied Bond in Fatal Car Crash" so that makes Caleb an easy obvious cut since the fatal car crash was caused by HIS DUI. Not for drinking, but for being freaking high out of his mind. Well about a month later he did get released on bond (a 2.5x higher bond than initially was asked for by his lawyer). And he was only 17. Some real affluenza shit. Couldn't find out any more information about if he got sentenced or found guilty or anything else. Maybe because he was a minor, maybe because court cases take a long time to process. OH. He's ALSO the KKK guy. OMG that's right. He was removed from the competition after that video surfaced. Obviously his controversies outweigh any performances he might have had. So more than a fair cut.

Jon Peter Lewis

Photos and Pictures - Jon Peter Lewis at the American Idol Grand Finale,  Kodak Theater, Hollywood, CA 05-26-04American Idol' Alum Jon Peter Lewis Takes Rock Opera to New York City |  Billboard

Season 3 was a tough time to be a white man on American Idol hahahahaha. You're coming in on a season after Clay Aiken in Season 2... which, you will never compare, give up. And you are now up against maybe the greatest batch of women ever assembled on the program lmao. JPL to his credit didn't have a terrible voice but he struggled to stand out and often resorted to really silly dancing during his performances, particularly in his Elvis performance lmao and then again with Drift Away. He played his part on the season. He showed up week to week, sang his songs, and unlike the other John on the season didn't rob any of the actual star icons on the season. He was safely eliminated after the Top 8 week and no one was surprised. To his credit, he had a modest career after Idol and apparently even showed up on The Voice later. I'm not saying anyone who was on the Voice should be auto eliminated, mostly because I couldn't tell you who has done both TV shows smh I should find out all of the ones who have and create a hit list

Save Jennifer Hudson

download.jpg.cb554009454e5a6f22628b4fe1400fc9.jpg

TRISTAN MCINTOSH

Tristan appeared on the final season of American Idol on FOX.  She auditioned with Why Baby Why by Mickey Guyton which IDOL pimped her story a lot about her mom being in the military. Then her mom surprised her at the audition. Then she made it through while getting through all of Hollywood Week. Then during top 24, she did Good Girl by Carrie Underwood which is a terrible choice to sing a Carrie choice since she didn't have the power needed for this song. They also had old alumni duet with them and she got to sing with Kellie Pickler on Best Days of Your Life. The audience didn't vote her through but she got a wildcard and sang What Hurts the Most by Rascal Flatts. She made it to top 10 and sang Nothin Like You by Dan+Shay and moved on to the top 8 and sang Go Rest High on That Mountain by Vince Gill which was one of her best performances. Then she was eliminated in the top 6 where she sang A Broken Wing by Martina McBride. Tristan was just too young for the show and was very green throughout most of her performances. She was on tour for a Linda Ronstadt tour experience. 

10 hours ago, sublymonal said:

American Idol Rankdown 3.0

Round 2: Hollywood Week - Solo Round

Group 3

american_idol_-_22hollywood_week22_-_publicity_-_h_2019.jpg?w=1296

Remember, you are advancing 1 to Round 4 and cutting 1. Anyone who isn't advanced or cut will compete in Round 3.

@Alex95 @Elliott @jarmon 

@QueenKalie @thevoiceisthetop @totes4totes @FrogLenzen

Here is your third group of contestants:

1. Ace Young
  2. Amy Adams
  3. Ava August
  4. Blake Lewis SAVE
  5. Caleb Kennedy CUT
  6. Casey James
  7. Clay Aiken
  8. Colin Stough CUT
  9. Crystal Bowersox
  10. David Hernandez
  11. Didi Benami
  12. EJay Day CUT
  13. Francisco Martin SAVE
  14. Fritz Hager
  15. Huntergirl
  16. Jena Irene
  17. Jennifer Hudson SAVE
  18. Jon Peter Lewis CUT
  19. Jorge Nunez
  20. Josh Gracin
  21. Kristy Lee Cook
  22. Lisa Tucker
  23. Maddie Walker SAVE
  24. Melinda Doolittle SAVE
  25. Oliver Steele
  26. Paris Bennett
  27. Ryan Starr
  28. Scott Macintyre
  29. Tamyra Gray
  30. Tristan McIntosh CUT

Just waiting on @Alex95

Kristy Lee Cook

kirstylee.jpg

Finding a picture of her not holding a gun or some game she hunted was more difficult than I expected. Anyways, once upon a time there was an Idol rankdown. Many atrocities were committed throughout the rankdown. One of those atrocities was Kristy Lee Cook making the endgame. Not only did she make the end, she wasn't even out first! She made it to 15th place. Outranking Fantastia!!! Let's try to avoid that happening again. Buybacks may ruin things, but I can sleep well at night knowing I did my best from stopping Kristy Lee Cook from making the top 15 of a talent-based game. Kristy was on the iconic 7th season of Idol and she absolutely sucked. She had no business making the top 12 to begin with, but she robbed Asia'h, Alexandra, and Alaina. After that she made the top 12 and butchered Eight Days a Week, delivering one of the worst performances in the history of the show. And she still survived! She survived all the way to 7th place. How, you may ask? She had one decent performance of "Anyway" and she decided to sing the easiest song in the world, "God Bless The USA", to get the voters back on her side. It was a clever move, I'll give her that, but I was not happy about it.

Also top 8 night will always piss me off. Jason Castro, Archie, and KLC decide to delivery some of their best performances of the season while my faves had off nights?! The nerve! If you're gonna suck, at least be consistent with it so I can be more outraged when Michael Johns, Syesha, and Carly end up in the bottom three. And then she went back to sucking the following week and got eliminated. Like I said, should've happened a week sooner :kissbye:

Save Jena Irene

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Also top 8 night will always piss me off. Jason Castro, Archie, and KLC decide to delivery some of their best performances of the season while my faves had off nights?! The nerve! If you're gonna suck, at least be consistent with it so I can be more outraged when Michael Johns, Syesha, and Carly end up in the bottom three.

:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

Posted (edited)

OLIVER STEELE

Oliver-Steele-american-idol-season-21-ve

Oliver Steele was on Season 21 of American Idol and I don’t think I’ve ever listened to his performances lol. Like, I just never found him interesting, not did I like his song choices so he never stood out to me. I was upset that at Top 10, the judges saved him over Tyson Venegas and especially over Marybeth Byrd. Like, it should’ve been one of these 2 that were saved. But, nope. Oliver & Warren but overstayed their welcome on the show so I hope they’re both early boots here, goodbye!

save: Ava August

Edited by jarmon

Moving on to Round 3 are:

1. Ace Young
  2. Amy Adams
  3. Casey James
  4. Clay Aiken
  5. Crystal Bowersox
  6. David Hernandez
  7. Didi Benami
  8. Fritz Hager
  9. Huntergirl
  10. Jorge Nunez
  11. Josh Gracin
  12. Lisa Tucker
  13. Paris Bennett
  14. Ryan Starr
  15. Scott Macintyre
  16. Tamyra Gray

Group 4 will be posted at 10PM EST

@Alex95 @Elliott @jarmon 

Posted (edited)

American Idol Rankdown 3.0

Round 2: Hollywood Week - Solo Round

Group 4

american_idol_-_22hollywood_week22_-_publicity_-_h_2019.jpg?w=1296

Remember, you are advancing 1 to Round 4 and cutting 1. Anyone who isn't advanced or cut will compete in Round 3.

@Alex95 @Elliott @jarmon 

Here is your fourth group of contestants:

1. Ada Vox
  2. Adanna Duru
  3. Alex Preston
  4. Alexis Grace CUT
  5. Andrew Garcia CUT
  6. Catie Turner SAVE
  7. Chris Richardson
  8. Chris Sligh
  9. CJ Harris