AI20 Semi-Finals (Top 24) Celebrity Mentors

Idol Maniac

Those are the same ones from previous seasons. Nothing wrong with that, but I always thought they try and do different ones each season. I would love to see Olivia Rodrigo and Lin Manuel Miranda be celebrity partners possibly this season or any other season of American Idol.

Edited by mrsvaledictorian2017

25 minutes ago, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

Considering it says Top 24, it makes me think they are going to be the celebrity duet partner, which is why I said they already did that and should use different celebrities.

Idol Pad is labeling them “mentors”, not “duet partners”. Hence, my question.

If we are talking strictly mentors and not actually performing with the contestants, I would go with Dr. Dre (He just did the Super Bowl Half Tile show yesterday), Timbaland, Slash, Stevie Nicks, Cher, and Barbara Streisand. So the younger audience is satisfied, Sara Bareilles, Anna Kendrick, BTS, Mark Robson, Mickey Guyton, and Shawn Mendes. Some of these though, could be good duet partners too.

12 hours ago, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

If we are talking strictly mentors and not actually performing with the contestants, I would go with Dr. Dre (He just did the Super Bowl Half Tile show yesterday), Timbaland, Slash, Stevie Nicks, Cher, and Barbara Streisand. So the younger audience is satisfied, Sara Bareilles, Anna Kendrick, BTS, Mark Robson, Mickey Guyton, and Shawn Mendes. Some of these though, could be good duet partners too.

movieguy - most of these names Idol would never be able to get.  Instead, why not have Idol alums - since they knew what it was like to compete on the show.

Edited by mytake1
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

movieguy - most of these names Idol would never be able to get.  Instead, why not have Idol alums - since they knew what it was like to compete on the show.

I agree Idol alums would be good. The question is who would accept the offer to do so and I thought that’s what they are doing during Hollywood Week.

On 2/14/2022 at 8:28 PM, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

Something tells me though that Bebe Rexha and Jimmie Allen are going to be the only two mentors, which is fine.  I’m thinking it more though and I think they are strictly mentors this time and not going to perform with the contestants. If they were, they would have many different celebrities.

I sure hope they’re bringing back more alums! There are so many good ones!! How could they not…it’s the 20th season!

And re: the mentors… I am so unimpressed with Beba Rexha. 🙄

22 hours ago, kryptonite said:

I sure hope they’re bringing back more alums! There are so many good ones!! How could they not…it’s the 20th season!

And re: the mentors… I am so unimpressed with Beba Rexha. 🙄

I mean I like Bebe Rexha. She is very good at giving feddback. She has done for it American Idol with only a few contestants and The Voice with only a few contestants. So I’m not unimpressed with her. I just wish they picked someone different. But at the end of the day, it’s about the contestants, not anyone else.