The Voice of Holland Season 12

emcee

2 minutes ago, emcee said:

Oh my god what a nightmare. Hopefully it's a quick it's a quick investigating and those that are guilty are quickly removed from the show.

Well given that it's partly about Ali B... I could imagine that them scrapping the season. You can't exactly edit a coach out mid-blinds.

Edited by Someone648

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

Well given that it's partly about Ali B... I could imagine that them scrapping the season. You can't exactly edit a coach out mid-blinds.

Eh, they could easily just get rid of him and bring in a replacement coach. Cancelling the season seems a bit too harsh of a reaction...

2 hours ago, emcee said:

Eh, they could easily just get rid of him and bring in a replacement coach. Cancelling the season seems a bit too harsh of a reaction...

It involves the bandleader and one of the other coaches from previous seasons, in fact it seems like that other coach was a MAJOR problem.

Blinds were taped, it's all over the news there... not sure. A scandal isn't something that you can just edit out/modify rules for like they did when the Russian Voice coach died mid-season back in November.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Uh oh... y'all don't have to worry about the season anymore.

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/the-voice-of-holland-sexual-misconduct-allegations-1235019639/

It's been suspended indefinitely.

I hate when they seem to give details, but not enough to understand what’s going on. 

Was this guy sexting/harassing other members of the production staff or messing with contestants? While both are bad, they would raise different issues. 

Did he get the job in the first place because he was dating de Mol’s sister? The timeline doesn’t make that clear. Regardless, the relationship clearly protected him from consequences.

1 hour ago, AngelaKD said:

I hate when they seem to give details, but not enough to understand what’s going on. 

Was this guy sexting/harassing other members of the production staff or messing with contestants? While both are bad, they would raise different issues. 

Did he get the job in the first place because he was dating de Mol’s sister? The timeline doesn’t make that clear. Regardless, the relationship clearly protected him from consequences.

We're supposed to find out more specific info on Thursday I think.

Sad that this seems like the end. I feel horrible to the contestants that were affected by the abusive behaviors. I also feel bad for the current contestants who worked hard to get onto this season :( Damn. So many people got screwed over by these nasty folks.

I'll miss Anouk and Waylon.

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 1

they will definitely cancel season 12, even more because Anouk won't be back so that's for sure because they will have to blur Ali B, and find a replacement for Ali and Anouk for the lives, so it's unlikely that the S12 will come back, too bad for Glennis, i hope she will come back (if they do a season 13, without Ali B of course)

but they will probably also have to cancel The Voice Kids, the new season, because there is also Ali B

Wonder if this will have any effect on any other franchises around the world. I mean it's literally the original version. I think the U.S. version will be fine because we're far enough separated from it and have become our own beast, but what about the other international versions? Specifically those in nearby countries like Germany. That's one of my favorite international versions. Hell, Holland is one of them as well.