Marvel Cinematic Universe Rankdown (Winner Reveal, Page 76)

Solaris

Cycle 8: Dynamic Duo's

In Honor of 'The Falcon and the Winter Soldier,' 7 of Marvel TV's Best Dynamic  Duos

This round is modelled after the famous dynamic duos of the MCU.  Whether is Iron Man and War Machine or Hawkeye and Black Widow, dynamic duos have played a role in many super hero films.  This cycle will have three rounds.  When it is your turn, you and your partner will come up with 8 nominations.  The other rankers will each cut one and save one.  This nominated in one round cannot be nominated in the next!

This is the first of a couple of rounds where your partner will have influence over your time in the rankdown. At the end of this cycle 78 will remain!

Nomination Order:

image.png.08fef9ea83fa40a6431bb94343fb9ac5.png

@FrogLenzen and @QueenKalie are up first with their 8 nominations.

@Zoey @Elliott @1234567890 @Steven_

Edited by Solaris

• Solaris changed the title to Marvel Cinematic Universe Rankdown (Cycle 8 Page 50)

VANESSA MARIANNA

d34ffc59e0a01e032d30f13cf26d345275206b18

Vanessa Marianna appears in 11 episodes of the Tv series Daredevil. She is the wife of villain Wilson Fisk. She works as an art dealer, and she doesn't seem bothered by her husband's evildoing. After Wilson was thwarted by Daredevil, Vanessa went on the run. She was on the run for two years, but she managed to persuade the FBI to drop the charges against her and her husband. She managed to come home and married Fisk (wait, were they not married already?). However, their wedding was crashed by Daredevil, and she was separated from Wilson again. I don't think Vanessa is a character I would care much for, so out she goes from the rankdown.

Saving Ying Li.

SVAtpK.gif
CLAIRE TEMPLE

I’m sad that I’m cutting anything to do with Rosario Dawson but I can’t save her based on her portrayal of Mimi. 😪 Claire Temple appears in the Daredevil series and is a nurse who assists Daredevil whenever he is injured during battle. She then goes on to help Luke Cage and Jessica Jones when they face off against Kilgrave. She then leaves Metro-General and returns to Harlem where she assists Cage against two more villains. Cage eventually went back to jail and she vowed to wait for him. He was released but their relationship was strained and she ended up ending the relationship. 

• Sad 1

KINGPIN

Kingpin is the villain from the first (and third-ish) season of Marvel's Daredevil, coming soon to Disney+. Over the course of the first season, we find out more about his background, such as him killing his father at a young age to protect his mother, and how he became the larger-than-life villain we meet in season one. He's also given some depth with the writing, as we see him form a relationship and consider his right hand man as his best friend. He is held responsible for his crimes at the end of the first season, and doesn't appear in season two as far I know. I'm told he returns in season three, but I haven't gotten that far yet. He was also the villain in Spider-Man: Into the Spider Verse.

SAVE: Xu Xialing

Xu Wenwu

c53d81d54d3db5da6276e74059fe9a05b8e8a140.gifv

Xu Wenwu was a legendary and nearly mythical figure who rose to power after discovering a set of mythical rings and founded the army known as the Ten Rings. He fell in love with Ta Lo's gatekeeper, Ying Li, after finding the ancient city of Ta Lo. Together they fathered Xu Shang-Chi and Xu Xialing. Yung Li was murdered at the hands of the Iron Gang and he trained Shang-Chi to be an assassin to avenge her death. In the modern day, Xu Wenwu starts to hear the voice of his deceased wife telling him to rescue him from Ta Lo. He seeks the aid of his children, but they reject him and side with Ying Nan to fight off his army. His attempts to rescue his wife he unintentionally unleashed the Dweller-in-Darkness. Wenwu sacrificed himself to protect Shang-Chi from the Dweller passing the Ten Rings down to him before the Dweller drained his soul from his body and killed him. 

Save: Ying Nan