DWTS30 Week 6 - Horror Night Discussion Thread!

*Wallace

7 hours ago, ungodlyhour said:

i’ve probably rewatched amanda’s dance at least 10 times now :dead:  i’m not even a huge fan of her but i’m still stunned that 1) it didn’t get a 40 and 2) people aren’t talking about it more. definitely one of the best dances on this show in a few years 

It seems like Iman's dance is taking up all of the discussion of dances of the week. :haha: 

5 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

I was just going to post this as I saw/heard Lupita tweet about this. 😮 

10 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

It seems like Iman's dance is taking up all of the discussion of dances of the week. :haha: 

It is going viral because key people are tweeting it.

Does it will translate to votes ? It is to be seen. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Yeah, Iman's dance is lowkey going viral. I had a coworker who doesn't even watch DWTS mention that it came up on her Facebook feed when we were working last night. :haha:

Yah. My timeline which is like 50% women's sports, 15% sports that aren't necessarily featuring women but could, I saw the dance being re-tweeted and posted in IG stories.

6 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Yes, that’s exactly what “going viral” means…

Elliott. If key people deep in the pockets of ABC DWTS like Lupita Nyong'o, Lebron James, and Dwayne Wade didn't tweet about it, it wouldn't be going viral. GOSH. Never mind that all of them are quote tweeting it from Whitney Medworth who is...a host of Spotify WNBA podcast.

• Like 1

Clearly I can’t state my opinion without feeling like an idiot. 

But one way or the other, Whitney tweeting it is having a bigger reach than the other dances considering she still have 13.6K followers which is more than some celebrities on the shows  - obviously she’s an influential person in the world of basketball meaning she’s a key person.

Edited by *Chris

28 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Clearly I can’t state my opinion without feeling like an idiot. 

But one way or the other, Whitney tweeting it is having a bigger reach than the other dances considering she still have 13.6K followers which is more than some celebrities on the shows  - obviously she’s an influential person in the world of basketball meaning she’s a key person.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you feel dumb. But it's just very funny to be like "the only reason this went viral is because key people are tweeting it" when yah, that's basically how anything becomes viral. And she's as influential as any mid-level sports blogger. But the blue checkmark next to her name probably helped it be seen on the algorithm.

But also, it's worth noting that LeBron tweeted out Iman's first dance and that resulted in only 952K views in the month that it's been up on the site. So clearly this routine, which already has according to my look-up just now, 819K views in less than 48 hours resonates with people. Which is really only a good thing for DWTS to have positive attention on it. (For a closer more accurate look, Wally posted the week 1 stats a few days after the show and it only had 433K views). I mean. I think the last time I saw people on my timeline tweeting this much about DWTS was when Sean Spicer was cast 😬

I did not think Cody deserved those 9s, 8s maybe but 9 is pushing it. I didn’t think it was his best…

all the guys this year are either married, have significant others or gay😯ca, you’re out of luck😂

I see why hocus pocus couldn’t be used for this week 

suni dancing to bad habits  :wub:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, *Chris said:

It is going viral because key people are tweeting it.

Does it will translate to votes ? It is to be seen. 

That we shall see. 😮 

But yeah I'm sure that half of those tweet/reposting and talking about it aren't voting or won't likely vote. But some of them could. It's hard to say. :haha: 

2 hours ago, totes4totes said:

Elliott. If key people deep in the pockets of ABC DWTS like Lupita Nyong'o, Lebron James, and Dwayne Wade didn't tweet about it, it wouldn't be going viral. GOSH. Never mind that all of them are quote tweeting it from Whitney Medworth who is...a host of Spotify WNBA podcast.

Wow Lebron and Dwayne tweeted about it too? 😮 

1 hour ago, FunkyFrankie said:

all the guns this year are either married, have significant others or gay😯ca, you’re out of luck😂

:dead: 

• Like 1