Which snippet do you prefer?

FloorWax

Choose a snippet.  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer?

• Gymani "POV"
    • Holly Forbes "Rocket Man"

For context

S15:  The shown snippet was SandyRedd. I don´t think it was the best part of her audition, but it was certainly great. 

S17: The snippet here was Will Breman. And he also got a good part shown. He got the scatting, which instantly made my ears perk from the start.

S18: The snippet here was Toneisha, and it was pretty underwhelming, honestly. They chose the worst part. Her whole audition was better. They also showed Tate, but not his actual audition, him singing with Nick after. I personally wasn´t impressed.

S19: The snippet was Tamara. A pretty meh part was chosen as well. As a whole I wasn´t a fan of her audition, but she had better parts.

S20: The snippets were Dana and Zae. Dana´s snippet was good, but she had better parts on her audition. Zae´s was meh, but his audition ended up being great in my opinion. That part actually sounded better to me once I heard it in the whole song.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

Well, John was on his feet as well so. Lol I don’t expect you to like Gymani so all of this your saying I expect it from you 😂 and I don’t expect you to be hyped either. Your not a fan.

While rarely my favorites, I still enjoy a good powerhouse. They usually bring the house in auditions so I don't know what you are talking about.

• Confused 1

Lol honesty I don’t know if any parts of gymanis audition would excite someone who doesn’t usually like the powerhouse singers. She didn’t sing an explosive song where she can give crazy vocals. She literally sang a slow pop song that is out of her style. I still enjoyed Gymanis snippet because I loveee artists like her! And I still think she did great in that from the little 2 seconds we got 😂

5 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

Lol honesty I don’t know if any parts of gymanis audition would excite someone who doesn’t usually like the powerhouse singers. She didn’t sing an explosive song where she can give crazy vocals. She literally sang a slow pop song that is out of her style. I still enjoyed Gymanis snippet because I loveee artists like her! And I still think she did great in that from the little 2 seconds we got 😂

Oh and don’t get me wrong Hollys was amazing too! I think they showed the climax of her audition and I couldn’t be more excited to see the rest’

10 minutes ago, erik g said:

I loved both but Holly for me. Gymani’s didnt show me anything I wasn’t already expecting. 

That´s actually a very good way to put it in my case. I already expected Gymani to show power whereas I saw Holly as more of a tone contestant (like @FloorWax), and that snippet proved she has more than we think.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

That´s actually a very good way to put it in my case. I already expected Gymani to show power whereas I saw Holly as more of a tone contestant (like @FloorWax), and that snippet proved she has more than we think.

Yeah lol I definitely didn’t expect Holly to get big like that lol

Lol I loved Holly's snippet! In fact I was trying to imagine what arrangement she did that led her to go all out (that rocketman power vocal thingy from 0:05-0:08 in the first promo). But I also loved Gymani's, I think that snippet was just the first chorus, she probably will go higher the second time. Like if both switched places (Gymani having the longer snippet) I would pick Gymani so it's Holly for now...

• Like 2

On 9/1/2021 at 10:02 AM, professorX said:

But I also loved Gymani's, I think that snippet was just the first chorus,

I actually think thats the last chorus. The first chorus has a different melody.

I think the reason why certain snippets are less impressive is because some are just very short, or at least they cut out much of the buildup. Holly’s is long, like was the case with many artists in promos (Cam, Kennedy, Ashland, Chris), but Gymani’s is about five seconds, similar to Zae and Toneisha. That part might sound better when the audition actually airs

• Like 1