Controversial Battle Decisions (That resulted in eliminations for the losers) (Pt 1)

Misirlou

Controversial Battle Decisions (That resulted in eliminations for the losers) (Pt 1)  

33 members have voted

1. 1. The Bundys (Winners) vs Mikaela Astel (Eliminated) - Songbird

• The Bundys
    • Mikaela Astel
  2. 2. Zae Romeo (Winner) vs Lindsay Joan (Eliminated) - Rewrite the Stars

• Zae Romeo
    • Lindsay Joan
  3. 3. Presley Tennant (Winner) vs Rizzi Myers (Eliminated) - Whataya Want from Me

• Presley Tennant
    • Rizzi Myers

1. The Bundys - Yes, the matchup was hugely unfair, but blame Kelly and her pickiness in the Blinds for them ending up as her "no one was left" pairing.  That said, the Bundys were pretty much perfect, while Mikaela let the unintentional intimidation factor get to her.  We had her as pitch-perfect, but that was autotune.  She apparently went off the rails a number of times.  Unfair as it seems, it actually was a fair win for the Bundys.

2. Lindsay Joan - I watched the Battle live, and I can tell you that Lindsay was damn near flawless (at least once she shook off the early nerves).  Zae was nervous throughout and I could hear it in his performance.  Nick kept him only because he didn't want to deal with the brunt he took from dropping his only four-chair-turn the last time he was on.

3. Rizzi Myers - Truthfully, I thought it was about even with them both, but Rizzi had more experience and could've made a deeper run than Presley.  Kelly messed up here, and in the process, she started exposing her bias against women in their twenties or older.

2 hours ago, Rodney said:

1. The Bundys - Yes, the matchup was hugely unfair, but blame Kelly and her pickiness in the Blinds for them ending up as her "no one was left" pairing.  That said, the Bundys were pretty much perfect, while Mikaela let the unintentional intimidation factor get to her.  We had her as pitch-perfect, but that was autotune.  She apparently went off the rails a number of times.  Unfair as it seems, it actually was a fair win for the Bundys.

2. Lindsay Joan - I watched the Battle live, and I can tell you that Lindsay was damn near flawless (at least once she shook off the early nerves).  Zae was nervous throughout and I could hear it in his performance.  Nick kept him only because he didn't want to deal with the brunt he took from dropping his only four-chair-turn the last time he was on.

3. Rizzi Myers - Truthfully, I thought it was about even with them both, but Rizzi had more experience and could've made a deeper run than Presley.  Kelly messed up here, and in the process, she started exposing her bias against women in their twenties or older.

s16 kelly was actually the least pickiest...she turned the most and a lot of people weren't picking her

6 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

s16 kelly was actually the least pickiest...she turned the most and a lot of people weren't picking her

There were several younger artists for whom she could've turned, as well, to give Mikaela a fair match, and she didn't do it.

1. The Bundys- That song was perfect for them, and it’s a bummer that Mikaela’s nerves got the best of her. I’ve seen many battles where groups felt like backup singers, but it wasn’t the case here

2. Lindsay Joan- Zae clearly wasn’t as great as her audition and Lindsay overpowered him from the moments we saw. I wish she got Nick’s save over Devan

3. This is a hard one, as they were both pretty even here. My opinion on who won the battle has definitely changed at points. Rizzi had an amazing blind audition but Presley improved in the 2 Live Rounds

1. The Bundys 

2. I have no idea how Lindsay didn't win that battle.

3. Presley was great in the lives, but she was too shouty for me here. Rizzi would be my pick.

Edited by FloorWax

1. The Bundys - Yes, it was uneven to start with, but Mikaela's performance proved she wasn't ready. I feel The Bundys got a fair win.

2. Lindsay Joan - Didnt' care for Zae here. Lindsay felt a lot more natural.

3. Presley Tennant - This was a very bad song choice for both, but Presley did much better with it than Rizzi. I think this was a justified decision on Kelly's part, but a better song could've changed it completely.