American Idol Original Music Ranking Thread (Elliott Yamin: 5-1 Posted)

Crisis

3 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Yes you may!

I'm going to extend the deadline for submissions to August 5 at 11:59 PM EST. That should be enough time for submissions and write-ups.

Are there any maximum/minimum words for the write-ups? 😅

21 hours ago, Crisis said:

Listen Up! Ranking

Alright, the next step is simple. Everyone participating will rank all the songs from Listen Up! by their favorites. The songs will be ranked on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being the favorite and 10 being the least favorite. The rankings will be submitted to me via PM. Each song should have their own number; therefore, there should be no ties. Write-ups are optional but encouraged. The deadline for submissions will be August 1 at 11:59 PM EST. If an extension is needed, please let me know. As a refresher, here is what's being ranked:

Listen-Up-cover.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Track Listing:

01. Oh My!

02. Free

03. Liar

04. Wasted Tears

05. Undone

06. Now That You're Here

07. Wonderland

08. Keep Coming Back

09. Hit The Ground Runnin'

10. Walking On Heaven

Places To Listen (No Pun Intended):

Amazon Music | Pandora | Spotify | YouTube Music

Also, I believe all of the songs are posted on YouTube.

This is who I have participating. Let me know if I'm missing anyone:

@Bk1234 @Crisis @jarmon @KelseyW

Although the deadline has passed, anyone can still participate in this round if they want. They just have to tag me in the thread should they send any submissions. That's all I have to say for the moment. I'm really looking forward to see how all of the songs rank!

Just sent my rankings and write-ups in! ;) 

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2021 at 8:00 PM, Crisis said:

The deadline for participating in this round is one hour away!

Tagging @miss denise to see if she wants to take part.

Thank you for tagging me. ❤️ Sorry I wasn't around to see it sooner! I've been a bit busy and it's my birthday tomorrow. :party:  I have Haley's first album, but not sure if I will get the chance to relisten over the next few days or not. I'll still follow along regardless. ^_^ 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, miss denise said:

Thank you for tagging me. ❤️ Sorry I wasn't around to see it sooner! I've been a bit busy and it's my birthday tomorrow. :party:  I have Haley's first album, but not sure if I will get the chance to relisten over the next few days or not. I'll still follow along regardless. ^_^ 

Oh no worries. ❤️ There's still plenty of time before the deadline, so you can still participate if you'd like. ^_^

13 minutes ago, Lackey said:

Can I still participate @Crisis

Yes you can!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I have almost everyone's rankings. Right now I'm just waiting on @sydneysam. The deadline is August 5; however, I may post the results early if she submits her rankings and no one else participates before then.

Omg I haven't sent them yet? 💀 I have already ranked them, sending it out in a bit!! :)))

• Like 1

Since I have everything from everyone who I know is participating, I may post the first half of the results during my lunch break if I have the time. If not, I'll try to do it tonight after work. If anyone else wants to send any rankings, this will be your last chance.

In the meantime, anyone who is interested in participating in the Better round may express their interest here. ^_^

• Thanks 2

• Crisis changed the title to American Idol Post-Idol Music Ranking Thread (Haley Reinhart - Listen Up! Rankings)

Listen Up! Rankings 10-6

10. Wonderland

Haley Reinhart - Wonderland

Average: 8.3

@Lackey - 4/10

@sydneysam - 7/10

@thevoiceisthetop - 8/10

@KelseyW - 9/10

@Bk1234 - 10/10

@Crisis - 10/10

@jarmon - 10/10

sydneysam

I know it's kind of ironic that Walking On Heaven was last and was criticized by me as a repetitive song, while Wonderland, a repetitive song too (in terms of the lyrics), placed this high. The main thing I love about this song is that jazz infusion to it. It sounded like a jazz song from the earlier years, which is refreshing and fun for me to listen to. I love the accompaniment of the brass, I love Haley's vocals, I love the ending. However, as I've said, it was kind of repetitive to me in terms of the lyrics. Hence, why this song was ranked lower than the others

KelseyW

In hindsight this might be more of a thematic "Alice and Wonderland" shrooms reference... lol jk But I don't vibe with this song as much as I just like the melody.
I don't even have much to say about it because I haven't jammed out to it as much as I have say other upbeat songs on Listen Up!

Bk1234

This song wasn’t bad, but to me it feels like that one song in the album that you’ll just completely forget about in a few days. The stuff she was doing with her voice was cool to listen to at first, but by the end of the song, I was tired of it. 😅 Again, not bad, just forgettable (and a bit sleepy 🥱)…

Crisis

"Wonderland" is a song about someone who is so in love that he/she believes they are in a special place. The whole song is cheery and up-tempo which perfectly matches the mood. My favorite parts are the pre-choruses where she sings:

Come on sister

Stand up for love

Come on everybody

Raise up for love

And in the end when the background singers sing:

It’s a love that’s real

Gonna make you feel

With that said, the reason I ranked it last is because while it’s not a bad song, it’s the most forgettable song on the album to me. The other songs come to mind before this one when I think about "Listen Up".

jarmon

The beginning gave me Christmas vibes lol. I don't know about this one tbh, I'm just not feeling it LOL.

9. Walking On Heaven

Haley Reinhart - Walking On Heaven

Average: 6.9

@Bk1234 - 4/10

@thevoiceisthetop - 4/10

@jarmon - 6/10

@Crisis - 7/10

@Lackey - 7/10

@KelseyW - 10/10

@sydneysam - 10/10

Bk1234

I usually like the last songs in albums, and this was no exception. I loved all the power, conviction, and grit she showed off in this one. Her voice is a force and she made that clear with this song. I thought it was a good way to close the album, and while it got a bit repetitive at times, her voice is interesting enough to put that aside. Such a great way to close out an amazing album!

jarmon

Honestly, such a beautiful ending to this album. She definitely started and ended with bops and I loved it. This was a very refreshing song and when she sings "walking on heaven" it's sooo angelic.

Crisis

"Walking On Heaven" is a song whose message is based around optimism no matter the circumstances. It’s easy to sense the hope and wishful thinking Haley sings in this song, particularly the pre-chorus when she sings:

Can’t see the halos

Can’t feel their wings, no

But I got faith that the angels will sing

It’s a great album closer based on the music and the message; what better way to close the album than with a positive message?

KelseyW

This is a pretty song don't get me wrong, but it's also one of my least favorite types of Haley songs. I'm more for her stand her ground songs V.S. hey you remember when I did an incredible performance of "Earth Song" on American Idol? No? Randy Jackson ruined it with inane comments and being an overall prick? AHEM. 
Anyway. A very nice song with a good message but not a Haley Reinhart bop.

sydneysam

First of all, almost this whole album is a bop, I don't know why it apparently flopped, as they say. That being said, I had to put Walking On Heaven as last because I felt like it went nowhere for me. The song's repetitive, which is good because it might give you that last song syndrome effect, but I feel like it became too repetitive, to the point where the song sounded a little plain for me, in terms of the dynamics of the song from beginning to the end. It did feel like I was walking on heaven though, the melody of the song was smart (and Haley's voice sounded stunning as usual)

8. Wasted Tears

Haley Reinhart - Wasted Tears

Average: 6.7

@Crisis - 4/10

@jarmon - 4/10

@KelseyW - 4/10

@Bk1234 - 7/10

@sydneysam - 8/10

@Lackey - 10/10

@thevoiceisthetop - 10/10

Crisis

The album as a whole has a throwback sound. However, I think no song epitomizes this more than "Wasted Tears". The song gives off an old school Motown vibe; I can envision Diana Ross and the Supremes recording something like this. The song itself is about finally getting over someone who wasn’t right for them in the first place. I think the second verse where she sings:

I swear the earth, the universe was falling from the sky

You built me up to let me down like a broken lullaby

I kinda want you to feel what it's like to break, break, break

Helps really bring this point home. "Wasted Tears" is a great song to listen to should anyone experience a tough breakup or someone who is just curious how experiencing one feels.

jarmon

This song really suited so well with "Oh My!", it had the same vibe to it. I really like how uptempo it was and it's weird because it's like a sad song but like a heartbreak bop I guess? It's super catchy and got me "GOT ME CRYING, WASTED TEARSSSS"

KelseyW

"That's not love... That's not loveee." Yep sing it girl! One underrated gem right here. A beauty in melody, lyrics, and vocal presentation. I need to keep bopping to this one on streaming ASAP! 

Bk1234

Ooh ok, this one was definitely better than “Liar.” I had mixed thoughts throughout it though. There were moments where I thought she could have done more and there were moments where she captured that dramatic feeling that I absolutely love. The ending was spectacular though, so at least she ended on a good note! 🙂

sydneysam

Now, this is where it gets hard lol, I love all of the songs remaining, so I'll just pin point those little tiny things. Coming in 8th for me is Wasted Tears, first of all- I love how this song was able to showcase the sassy side of Haley's voice. It also sounded like a Carole King song-ish at some point, which is a plus. That being said, even if I love the whole song itself (especially the bridge), I felt like the verses and the ending were a little lackluster. The ending in particular doesn't feel like an ending to me. I love how Haley and her co-writer turned a very sad message to such a positive vibe using this song though  ;)

7. Keep Coming Back

Haley Reinhart - Keep Coming Back

Average: 6.3

@KelseyW - 5/10

@thevoiceisthetop - 5/10

@Bk1234 - 6/10

@Crisis - 6/10

@Lackey - 6/10

@jarmon - 7/10

@sydneysam - 9/10

KelseyW

Still hoping this was an ode to the Idol alumni she broke it off with, but hey I think her sophomore effort better showcases those emotions... AHEM. 

It's another reason why I love Haley's original tunes. She's sweet, sassy, sings sexy, (As Steven Tyler once put.) and doesn't put up with anyone's BS! ;)

Bk1234

Ooh, I love all the power and conviction in this one. Haley certainly didn’t come to play with this one!!! 🔥 She did a really sick run near the middle of the song too. This was a good one. I don’t know if it’s in my top tier, but it probably rests just outside of it. 

Crisis

This was a song that grew on me the more I listened to it because I didn’t care for it at first. As the title states, it’s a song about someone who can’t take the hint that the relationship is over. I think Haley does a good job going through her emotions during the song. The verses are more subdued, whereas the pre-chorus and chorus are more explosive. My favorite part, however, is the bridge where she sings:

Don’t you have a home to go to?

Don’t you have another soul to hold you?

Am I the only one who really knows you?

It seems like she’s frustrated with this person yet simultaneously feels sorry for whoever this is. This adds a nuance that goes with the rest of the song’s vibe. It’s one I would’ve liked to rank higher, but I like the songs ahead of it more.

jarmon

The chorus is sooo catchy!! I really loved the chorus so much. I felt the rest of the song was nice as well but that chorus is gold. Absolutely loved it.

sydneysam

Next up is Keep Coming Back. For what it's worth, the song's a strong one, it was able to showcase Haley's strong vocals, which is a plus for me (and frankly, the reason why I put this above Walking On Heaven). However, the reason that I have put this song this low, is mainly because of the melody. I feel like the song lacked strong melody in my opinion. In fact, it was the song out of the ten that I felt like I did not love the melody the most. Also, the song is a little too loud for me at times, which is why the song wasn't really for me. Kudos to Haley's vocals though, love her voice here!

6. Now That You're Here

Haley Reinhart - Now That You're Here

Average: 5.9

@KelseyW - 1/10

@Crisis - 5/10

@Lackey - 5/10

@sydneysam - 6/10

@thevoiceisthetop - 7/10

@Bk1234 - 8/10

@jarmon - 9/10

KelseyW

"Now that you're here there's no one else for meeeee..." 

THIS. This song!! Haley has so many great tunes, but I still go back to wishing this one got more love and a music video!!

Now it just so happens that this is number 1 because it's my favorite song on the whole record... No bias here! :P But really it's that good! A happy upbeat jam about love. I really wish this song would end up on a future setlist to one of her solo tours!

Yes I haven't seen her solo tour yet... 2022 or bust?! :/ 

I can't wait for the next Haley record to rank! ❤️

Crisis

This song is so infectious and uplifting. A song about letting your guard down when finding someone who makes you feel special is one that can potentially resonate with listeners. My favorite lines in the song are in the second verse when she sings:

I never thought I’d feel so divine

You’re like poetry, desire justified

In addition, I especially love the chorus with its fast paced melody and cheery feelings. I think it does a great job of really bringing the message home. All in all, this is a song that vibe is one anyone can feel positive about after listening to it.

sydneysam

Next up, Now That You're Here. I love the verses here, it was beautifully written. I was like listening to a disco funky song from the earlier years, and I love it. Of course, Haley's strong vocals were also slightly showcased here. To be honest, I don't know why I put this on this place, but I do know that I feel like I have memorized and enjoyed the songs more above this

Bk1234

This song is pretty good. It started off with a very jazzy feel in the beginning and then kind of took off. This one pretty much stayed the same for me, but there were little bursts of power here and there that kept me engaged. I’d probably rank this one middle of the pack. 

jarmon

This was a rather interesting one, I felt it was a little inbetween as it wasn't all in your face. It was a more restrained song, it was a nice balance of uptempo accompanied with some softer vocals as well. 

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 3

Listen Up! Rankings 5-1

5. Liar

Haley Reinhart - Liar

Average: 5.7

@Crisis - 3/10

@KelseyW - 3/10

@thevoiceisthetop - 3/10

@sydneysam - 5/10

@jarmon - 8/10

@Bk1234 - 9/10

@Lackey - 9/10

Crisis

This was the track that grew on me the most after listening to the album a few times. It’s another song about a breakup; however, this one has a different approach. It’s about wishing the truth was an illusion and that the other party was false. The parts I enjoyed the most were the pre-chorus, especially when she sings it the second time, and the beginning of the bridge where she wails:

I don’t want apologies

I don’t need your sympathy

But this honesty is killing me

All in all, "Liar" is one of my favorite tracks from the album.

KelseyW

"All this honesty is killing me..." "I ain't calling you a liar. I just wish you were...."

WOW. This is why she's my favorite female singer. She can just plain sing, but her lyrics, rhymes, and musicality is strictly her own!

sydneysam

This song gives me a James Bond song vibes, maybe because of the rhythm and the backup vocals used? Anyway, I loved it, it also sounded so nostalgic in some type of way. Once again, the sultry side of Haley's voice was showcased, it sounded so pleasing to my ears. Again, as I've said, I have put this below the other songs above because I feel like I've enjoyed them more (I will probably say this reason for a couple more times lol)

jarmon

The lyrics are catchy but I don't know if I just wasn't too invested in this song or what but it didn't do much for me. It was just fine, I enjoyed the backing vocals though. I do feel though this song would be sooo good in a movie with the chorus. Or maybe even as like an opening theme song for a tv series.

Bk1234

This song was solid, but not as good as the other two that preceded it. I love her raspy tone, but this song never really went anywhere. It kind of just stayed at the same level for me and certainly didn’t have as many dramatic moments as some of the other songs in the album. 

4. Oh My!

Haley Reinhart - Oh My!

Average: 5.4

@Bk1234 - 3/10

@Lackey - 3/10

@sydneysam - 3/10

@jarmon - 5/10

@KelseyW - 7/10

@Crisis - 8/10

@thevoiceisthetop - 9/10

Bk1234

Wow! All the growls and rasp caught me off guard in the beginning (but then again, what should I expect from a HALEY REINHART album? 😂) She showed off a ton of power in this one too. The only problem for me was the rapping. I’m not a big fan of that singing style so that puts this song a little lower for me. Still a great way to kick off the album though! 

sydneysam

Honestly, I was going back and forth with my top three. Ultimately, I had to place Oh My! as my 3rd favorite. The goods of this song mainly is once again, the jazzy infusion. I love how the jazz band played the background here. I also love how this song has an edge to it. Good melody and I love the verses, especially B.O.B.'s rap part. That being said, I had to put this lower than Free and Undone (which are top-tiers for me here) because I felt like it was somehow overpowering at given times. But, all in all, this song is a bop and I'll probably listen to this a couple of times more

jarmon

This reminded me so much of Amy Winehouse. Like the sass and the vocals were STELLAR! What a great start to the album. I really loved the jazzy vibes to it. Haley's runs are so beautiful and smooth.

KelseyW

Now before someone says... That would've been a summer jam why rank it so low? WELL... Maybe the Haley alternate rap version would rank higher, but the one with B.o.B the rapper isn't my preferred version of this song. It's a summer staple and a hot and steamy sounding song that no other Idol females at the time would've gotten away with or would've portrayed as well. IMO

Crisis

From the growls at the beginning of the opening track, Haley is letting listeners know what to expect from her. It’s a nice upbeat track in which she explores her sultry side. The chorus is a highlight and the verses pack enough substance despite their brevity. If there is one criticism, it’s the rap verse by B.o.B. I’m a rap/hip-hop fan and don’t mind a lot of guest verses; however, B.o.B’s verse sounds lazy and out of place on this song. I felt he could’ve done better. Nonetheless, it’s a solid album opener and I felt this would've been a better lead single than "Free".

3. Free

Haley Reinhart - Free

Music Video

Average: 4.6

@jarmon - 1/10

@Bk1234 - 2/10

@sydneysam - 2/10

@thevoiceisthetop - 2/10

@Lackey - 8/10

@KelseyW - 8/10

@Crisis - 9/10

jarmon

I have loved this song for a while. I love the video to it as well. This song just hits so hard. Haley's voice is so soothing and she's such a good storyteller, she took me on such an emotional journey with this song and defs one of my faves of hers.

Bk1234

A literal serve. This was another great one from Haley! I think what I love the most about the song is how dynamic it is. She does so many things with her voice in this one and I especially love the softer parts where she is extra dramatic with her voice. Definitely one of my favorites from the album! 💯 

sydneysam

Out of all the songs, I have to say, Free was probably the song that was able to fully showcase Haley's talent. Her dynamics here was insane. It was powerful but smooth at the same time. It is apparently the lead song from this album, and I see the reason why. It's something that I would love to listen from a radio. It was also able to showcase Haley's vulnerable (but it was translated into such a positive vibe) side and I love it! It's so refreshing. That being said, I had to put this below Undone because Undone stood out to me more among all, which I will explain why later

KelseyW

I ranked this higher than two songs she had a personal hand in writing... Why? Well simple. It's a nostalgic memory for me. I still remember having to stay up till really late just to hear it played on my local radio station in the middle of the night or early morning! The piano, the notes she sings, the really cute first music video... Everything makes this a dang good first single. 

Crisis

Ah yes, the lone single from this album. The song is about two people who are no longer together but can’t seem to let each other go. It’s what I would call a slow burner because there really isn’t anything in this song a listener can really latch onto and because of this, I think this was the worst song on the album to pick as a single. With that said, my favorite part is the bridge when she sings:

Let it be, let it be, just a beautiful memory

Anything that starts will have an ending

Let it go, let it go

Yeah, 'cause we both know this will only be over when we're free

Yeah, oh, when we're free

Oh, I know, oh

I think this song would be much better as a deep album cut than a single, but it is what it is. While not a terrible song, it’s not one of my favorites either.

2. Hit The Ground Runnin'

Haley Reinhart - Hit The Ground Runnin'

Average: 3.9

@Crisis - 2/10

@jarmon - 2/10

@Lackey - 2/10

@sydneysam - 4/10

@Bk1234 - 5/10

@KelseyW - 6/10

@thevoiceisthetop - 6/10

Crisis

Now this is what I call a feel good track! "Hit The Ground Runnin’" is a standout song and one I wished there was a video for. I just love the instrumentation from how it starts out soft in the verse before going into the high powered chorus. Haley also brings the attitude of someone who refuses to be held down with her vocals. I love the pre-chorus and how it builds up to the intense chorus. However, the best part may be the bridge when the percussion drops out and she sings over just a guitar and piano. I used to hear this song in-between commercial breaks while watching college football on ESPN. I think no song on this album epitomizes who Haley is other than this one. With that said, it's not my favorite from the album. 😮

jarmon

YESSS THAT BEGINNING! The lyrics are so good? It was like so sexy and seductive and I am HERE FOR IT! POP OFF QUEEN HALEY!! Her "oooohs" are sooo amazing, absolutely loved it. This was such a fun song that I really loved and imma be saying "I HIT THE GROUND RUNNIN RUNNIN RUNNIN SO DON'T GO FOLLOWING ME" so often LOL!

sydneysam

I love the intro, it sounded like a Duffy song. This song again showcased the sultry and smooth vocals of Haley. I love her falsettos and voice cracks here, and the chorus gave me a last song syndrome effect. I love the dynamics of the song. I have put this song below Oh My!, Free, and Undone, because I feel like those three have a bigger and more en grande type of setting in a song that I love

Bk1234

First of all, the instrumental parts in this one were insane!!! 🤩 This was other dynamic song. There were softer, dramatic parts and more intense parts that showed off her rasp and power. Haley really knows how to kill those endings because this one was sick too! Another song that rests just outside the top tier  group of songs for me. 

KelseyW

A Haley standard. One that got her name in commercial advertising first... And a new style to vibe to whether you just got out of a bad relationship, or you're just trying to show what you've got as a person. It rocks. Simple as that.

1. Undone

Haley Reinhart - Undone

Average: 1.4

@Bk1234 - 1/10

@Crisis - 1/10

@Lackey - 1/10

@sydneysam - 1/10

@thevoiceisthetop - 1/10

@KelseyW - 2/10

@jarmon - 3/10

Bk1234

My obsession with emotional piano ballads is certainly going to come into play here. 🤪 This song is AMAZING! We’ve seen her raspy voice used on fun, upbeat songs, but when it’s applied to these emotional platforms it also really shines. 😭 I felt every word and when she starting holding out those notes- AAH SOO GOOOODDD!!!! 😳 Definitely one of my favorites from the album and maybe even my favorite (I’ll have to see after listening to every song.)

Crisis

"Undone" ran away with the #1 spot with all seven posters ranking it in the Top 3 and five #1 rankings. The lone ballad on the album is certainly one of the best songs IMO, so it's very well deserved. 😊 It’s just Haley singing over a beautifully haunting piano number and some added orchestra effects. This is the one song in which I really think Haley pours her soul into. Everything about the song, from the soft verses to the wailing choruses, depicts someone who is really going through the pain of a traumatic breakup. I love the beginning of the chorus when she sings:

Tell me where love goes when it’s gone

Tell me where hearts go when they go wrong

The first two times she just wails them. In the last one, however, she starts soft before belting them out. My favorite lines come from after the last chorus when she sings:

Nothing but emptiness inside

Love leaves a black hole when it dies

How can I ever love again?

I could definitely feel the pain there. This is not only my favorite song from Listen Up, it’s my favorite overall Haley song outside of Idol and one I am disappointed that it wasn’t a single. This could’ve been released after any of her up-tempo songs as a first single or at the very least part of a movie or TV show soundtrack.

sydneysam

Ultimately, the song that came on top for me is Undone. Among all the songs in this album, Undone was the only song that was horn-free, or that was not heavily banded (if that's a word lol). It was just with a grand piano accompaniment along with an orchestra (I think). The song sounded so melodic and beautiful. It was the song that not only caught my ears, but also my heart. The song spoke to me, that's why I had to put it on top. Plus, Haley's full vocal range was also showcased here.

KelseyW

This is personal bias. But Haley has proven she can sing both ballads and upbeats and midtempos... Anything basically, but I will never forget how one of her earliest hits was part of a movie soundtrack... (Step Up something...lol) and she said she was simply putting herself in a balladeer's shoes when she recorded it! 😮

Nowadays? Haley can sang it and I believe it emotionally. "Undone" was the stepping stone to bigger things for sure. If I had tattoos... "Stars fade away they just crash into space, disappear from the light, like you and I..." lyrics from Undone would be one of them on my arm or something. lol :') 

jarmon

OMFG! Wow! What a turn of events from the song before it. Like the mood completely changed and I lowkey loved it. Got me all in the feels...this was such a beautiful song. I loved the lyrics so much and hearing this more softer and emotional side was just so beautiful. Loved it so much! The way she says "I'm sorry....." ahhhh so pretty!!

And on that note, that's a wrap for the first ranking of the thread. Thank you to everyone who ranked and contributed write-ups to this ranking. The latter were really nice to read and it was nice to see other opinions about the songs. ^_^ I'll start the ranking for Better tomorrow evening, so there's something to look forward to for anyone who are participating and who wants to participate. As of right now, I have confirmation from two posters; however, there is plenty of time for anyone else. ^_^

• Thanks 3

• Crisis changed the title to American Idol Post-Idol Music Ranking Thread (Haley Reinhart - Listen Up! Rankings 5-1 Posted)

Haley Reinhart - Better

R-8714831-1467197102-3559.jpeg.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Track List

1. My Cake

2. Behave

3. Better

4. Can't Help Falling In Love

5. Check Please

6. Bad Light

7. Talkin' About

8. Good or Bad

9. Love Is Worth Fighting For

10. I Belong To You

11. Listen

Amazon Music | Apple Music | Pandora | Spotify

The deadline for rankings and write-ups will be August 7 at 11:59 PM EST. This time I will wait until the deadline before posting the results. This is who I know is participating thus far:

@thevoiceisthetop @jarmon

Anyone can still participate as long as everything is submitted prior to the deadline. I will grant extensions if requested. Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Crisis changed the title to American Idol Post-Idol Music Ranking Thread: Haley Reinhart - Better (Rankings Due August 7)
21 hours ago, Crisis said:

Listen Up! Rankings 5-1

5. Liar

Haley Reinhart - Liar

Average: 5.7

@Crisis - 3/10

@KelseyW - 3/10

@thevoiceisthetop - 3/10

@sydneysam - 5/10

@jarmon - 8/10

@Bk1234 - 9/10

@Lackey - 9/10

Crisis

KelseyW

sydneysam

jarmon

Bk1234

4. Oh My!

Haley Reinhart - Oh My!

Average: 5.4

@Bk1234 - 3/10

@Lackey - 3/10

@sydneysam - 3/10

@jarmon - 5/10

@KelseyW - 7/10

@Crisis - 8/10

@thevoiceisthetop - 9/10

Bk1234

sydneysam

jarmon

KelseyW

Crisis

3. Free

Haley Reinhart - Free

Music Video

Average: 4.6

@jarmon - 1/10

@Bk1234 - 2/10

@sydneysam - 2/10

@thevoiceisthetop - 2/10

@Lackey - 8/10

@KelseyW - 8/10

@Crisis - 9/10

jarmon

Bk1234

sydneysam

KelseyW

Crisis

2. Hit The Ground Runnin'

Haley Reinhart - Hit The Ground Runnin'

Average: 3.9

@Crisis - 2/10

@jarmon - 2/10

@Lackey - 2/10

@sydneysam - 4/10

@Bk1234 - 5/10

@KelseyW - 6/10

@thevoiceisthetop - 6/10

Crisis

jarmon

sydneysam

Bk1234

KelseyW

1. Undone

Haley Reinhart - Undone

Average: 1.4

@Bk1234 - 1/10

@Crisis - 1/10

@Lackey - 1/10

@sydneysam - 1/10

@thevoiceisthetop - 1/10

@KelseyW - 2/10

@jarmon - 3/10

Bk1234

Crisis

sydneysam

KelseyW

jarmon

And on that note, that's a wrap for the first ranking of the thread. Thank you to everyone who ranked and contributed write-ups to this ranking. The latter were really nice to read and it was nice to see other opinions about the songs. ^_^ I'll start the ranking for Better tomorrow evening, so there's something to look forward to for anyone who are participating and who wants to participate. As of right now, I have confirmation from two posters; however, there is plenty of time for anyone else. ^_^

Some songs in this Top 5 are WAY too high imo, but I’m happy to see that “Undone” took the crown. :wub:

4 hours ago, Crisis said:

Haley Reinhart - Better

R-8714831-1467197102-3559.jpeg.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Track List

1. My Cake

2. Behave

3. Better

4. Can't Help Falling In Love

5. Check Please

6. Bad Light

7. Talkin' About

8. Good or Bad

9. Love Is Worth Fighting For

10. I Belong To You

11. Listen

Amazon Music | Apple Music | Pandora | Spotify

The deadline for rankings and write-ups will be August 7 at 11:59 PM EST. This time I will wait until the deadline before posting the results. This is who I know is participating thus far:

@thevoiceisthetop @jarmon

Anyone can still participate as long as everything is submitted prior to the deadline. I will grant extensions if requested. Enjoy!

Sign me up ;) 

• Like 1