Jump to content

American Idol Original Music Ranking Thread (Elliott Yamin: 5-1 Posted)


Crisis
 Share

Recommended Posts

American-Idol-Logo.png&f=1&nofb=1

 

@miss denise

 

I'm not sure if this is the right place for it. A mod can move it if it isn't. On to the topic at hand...

 

One of the major goals for anyone who competes on American Idol (or any of these singing shows for that matter) is to increase their chances of having a career in the music business in some form or another. Some have not had the luck, while others have been fortunate enough to create and release music post-Idol. This thread is about listening to and ranking the post-Idol music of Idol contestants. This idea came to me during my Idol-related subjects thread. I figured since there are so many possibilities, a separate thread would be better suited for this subject. I’ve thought about creating this thread for a while and finally decided to pull the trigger on it.

 

The Main Guidelines:

(These are subject to change should any alterations, more ideas, or more guidelines come about)

- One contestant’s discography will be ranked at a time. One album will be ranked at a time. For example, if the Idol contestant showcased is Kelly Clarkson, each song from each album will be ranked. Case in point, First every song from Thankful will be ranked, followed by Breakaway, My December, etc.

- Requests are encouraged and will be considered. Should any Idol contestant have any post-Idol music but doesn’t have any albums or EPs, they can take part. However, they have to have at least five original songs (not covers) in order to be considered.

- This will be open to anyone who wishes to participate. Anyone who wants to rank can post in the thread indicating their interest. This helps me see who’s participating and who to expect submissions from.

- Speaking of submissions, any submissions will be via PM. Write-ups are not mandatory, but they are encouraged. Guidelines will be posted when it’s time to submit rankings.

 

With everything said, here’s to what will hopefully be a good time in this thread!

 

 

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Haley Reinhart

Listen Up!

Listen-Up-cover.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

10. Wonderland

09. Walking On Heaven

08. Wasted Tears

07. Keep Coming Back

06. Now That You're Here

05. Liar

04. Oh My!

03. Free

02. Hit The Ground Runnin'

01. Undone

 

Better

c5b2e461314ba202b52c6f4db9dbbaf6.1000x1000x1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

11. Bad Light

10. My Cake

09. Check Please

08. Listen

07. Talkin' About

06. Behave

05. I Belong To You

04. Good or Bad

03. Love Is Worth Fighting For

02. Can't Help Falling In Love

01. Better

 

What's That Sound?

81w56Diy6hL._SL1200_-770x770.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

14. Bring The Love Back Home

13. These Boots Are Made For Walkin'

12. Let's Start

11. You Showed Me

10. Somewhere In Between

09. For What It's Worth

08. Words Of Love

07. Time Of The Season

06. Can't Find My Way Home

05. The Letter

04. White Rabbit

03. Sunny Afternoon

02. Oh! Darling

01. Baby It's You

 

Lo-Fi Soul

Haley-Reinhart-Lo-Fi-Soul-Album-Art.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

13. How Dare You

12. Don't Know How To Love You

11. Oh Damn

T-9. Deep Water

T-9. Strange World

8. Baby Doll

7. Broken Record

T-5. Crack The Code

T-5. Shook

4. Lo-Fi Soul

3. Lay It Down

2. Some Way Some How

1. Honey, There's The Door

 

Elliott Yamin

Elliott Yamin

20190930_013512-1024x1024.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

11. Alright

10. You Are The One

09. Train Wreck

08. Find A Way

07. Take My Breath Away

06. I'm The Man

05. Free

04. A Song For You

03. One Word

02. Movin' On

01. Wait For You

Edited by Crisis
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I plan to start the first ranking this weekend. In the meantime, anyone can post any contestants they'd like to see ranked.

 

Also, although I mentioned post-Idol music, any pre-Idol music is eligible because I know some contestants released albums prior to going on Idol. It'll probably be harder to find, but I'll try to manage.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Carly Smithson's pre-Idol debut (and only solo record) is on Spotify! It's called "Ultimate High." :thumbs:

 

ANYTHING HALEY REINHART DUH. lol :P

 

Kris Allen, David Cook, David Archuleta, Kelly, (QUEEN) Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Melinda Doolittle, and Maddie Poppe. ❤️ 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

omg my mention front and center at the start of the thread! :wub: I am so honored. 😢 :wub: :giggle: 

 

Really, thank you for tagging me! 😄 This is such a fun idea and I love the participation factor of it, as always. I will definitely participate when I can and make some suggestions. ^_^ 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, KelseyW said:

Carly Smithson's pre-Idol debut (and only solo record) is on Spotify! It's called "Ultimate High." :thumbs:

 

ANYTHING HALEY REINHART DUH. lol :P

 

Kris Allen, David Cook, David Archuleta, Kelly, (QUEEN) Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Melinda Doolittle, and Maddie Poppe. ❤️ 

 

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll start with one of these contestants and take requests after that person is done. Requests can be made at any time, so don't be shy. 😊

 

3 hours ago, miss denise said:

omg my mention front and center at the start of the thread! :wub: I am so honored. 😢 :wub: :giggle: 

 

Really, thank you for tagging me! 😄 This is such a fun idea and I love the participation factor of it, as always. I will definitely participate when I can and make some suggestions. ^_^ 

 

You said it was fine to tag you whenever I create a new thread or had a new idea. :giggle: I hope it is an honor. 😄

 

I hope you do participate when you can. :yes:

 

I know I said I'll start this weekend. However, since I have a few suggestions already, I'll go ahead and get started right now. The first contestant to be showcased will be in the next post. 😄

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Crisis said:

You said it was fine to tag you whenever I create a new thread or had a new idea. :giggle: I hope it is an honor. 😄

 

I hope you do participate when you can. :yes:

 

I know I said I'll start this weekend. However, since I have a few suggestions already, I'll go ahead and get started right now. The first contestant to be showcased will be in the next post. 😄

I sure did and I love to see it. :wub: :giggle:  It is! I love it so much. :haha:  

 

I will! Knowing we can make suggestions anytime, I'll probably wait a bit. 

 

😮 :shiftywave: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@Bk1234

 

Who is the first Idol contestant to have his/her discography showcased? Well, it's someone who got off to a rocky start at the beginning of her Idol journey but fought and clawed her way to a third-place finish and was the second to last female standing in her season. She has since released four albums post-Idol, has a critically acclaimed cover of an Elvis Presley ballad, and has frequently collaborated with a fellow Idol contestant and the vintage cover group Postmodern Jukebox. Of course, I'm talking about none other than...

 

Haley Reinhart

haley-reinhart-atlantic-city-shows.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

 

First, we'll start with her debut album Listen Up!

 

Listen-Up-cover.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Track Listing:

01. Oh My!

02. Free

03. Liar

04. Wasted Tears

05. Undone

06. Now That You're Here

07. Wonderland

08. Keep Coming Back

09. Hit The Ground Runnin'

10. Walking On Heaven

 

Places To Listen (No Pun Intended):

Amazon Music | Pandora | Spotify | YouTube Music

Also, I believe all of the songs are posted on YouTube.

 

I'll give until July 30 at 11:59 PM EST for anyone who'd like to participate. Those who do can just post their interest in the thread. After that, I'll explain what the next steps are. Also, any albums or EPs and their track listings will be in the second post of the thread. Let's see how this goes!

 

 

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Crisis said:

@Bk1234

 

Who is the first Idol contestant to have his/her discography showcased? Well, it's someone who got off to a rocky start at the beginning of her Idol journey but fought and clawed her way to a third-place finish and was the second to last female standing in her season. She has since released four albums post-Idol, has a critically acclaimed cover of an Elvis Presley ballad, and has frequently collaborated with a fellow Idol contestant and the vintage cover group Postmodern Jukebox. Of course, I'm talking about none other than...

 

Haley Reinhart

haley-reinhart-atlantic-city-shows.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

 

First, we'll start with her debut album Listen Up!

 

Listen-Up-cover.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Track Listing:

01. Oh My!

02. Free

03. Liar

04. Wasted Tears

05. Undone

06. Now That You're Here

07. Wonderland

08. Keep Coming Back

09. Hit The Ground Runnin'

10. Walking On Heaven

 

Places To Listen (No Pun Intended):

Amazon Music | Pandora | Spotify | YouTube Music

Also, I believe all of the songs are posted on YouTube.

 

I'll give until July 30 at 11:59 EST for anyone who'd like to participate. Those who do can just post their interest in the thread. After that, I'll explain what the next steps are. Also, any albums or EPs and their track listings will be in the second post of the thread. Let's see how this goes!

 

 

Sign me up! I've been really trying to get into her original music, since I loved her on Idol. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Crisis changed the title to American Idol Listening Party: A Post-Idol Music Ranking Thread (Signups Are Open For Haley Reinhart - Listen Up!)

Listen Up! Ranking

 

Alright, the next step is simple. Everyone participating will rank all the songs from Listen Up! by their favorites. The songs will be ranked on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being the favorite and 10 being the least favorite. The rankings will be submitted to me via PM. Each song should have their own number; therefore, there should be no ties. Write-ups are optional but encouraged. The deadline for submissions will be August 1 at 11:59 PM EST. If an extension is needed, please let me know. As a refresher, here is what's being ranked:

 

Listen-Up-cover.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Track Listing:

01. Oh My!

02. Free

03. Liar

04. Wasted Tears

05. Undone

06. Now That You're Here

07. Wonderland

08. Keep Coming Back

09. Hit The Ground Runnin'

10. Walking On Heaven

 

Places To Listen (No Pun Intended):

Amazon Music | Pandora | Spotify | YouTube Music

Also, I believe all of the songs are posted on YouTube.

 

This is who I have participating. Let me know if I'm missing anyone:

@Bk1234 @Crisis @jarmon @KelseyW

 

Although the deadline has passed, anyone can still participate in this round if they want. They just have to tag me in the thread should they send any submissions. That's all I have to say for the moment. I'm really looking forward to see how all of the songs rank!

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Crisis changed the title to American Idol Listening Party: A Post-Idol Music Ranking Thread (Haley Reinhart - Listen Up! Rankings)
3 hours ago, sydneysam said:

 

Oops, missed it. But I'll join next round, this is interesting :wub:

 

You can still join this round if you want! There's only four of us here, so any extra people would be a bonus! 😊

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

can i still join? @Crisis

 

Yes you may!

 

I'm going to extend the deadline for submissions to August 5 at 11:59 PM EST. That should be enough time for submissions and write-ups.

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Crisis changed the title to American Idol Original Music Ranking Thread (Elliott Yamin: 5-1 Posted)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...