"SAME TRUCK" ... Scotty's next hit album!

drdeb

It's happening ...

Release Date:  September 17, 2021 
Scotty McCreery - Same Truck (CD)

Tracklist

1. "Same Truck" (Scotty McCreery, Ashley Gorley, Taylor Phillips, Zach Crowell)
2. "You Time" (Scotty McCreery, Frank Rogers, Aaron Eshuis)
3. "It Matters to Her" (Scotty McCreery, Rhett Akins, Lee Thomas Miller)
4. "Damn Strait" (Trent Tomlinson, Jim Collins)
5. "It’ll Grow on Ya" (Jeremy Bussey, Jason Blaine, Taylor Phillips, Adam Wood)
6. "The Waiter" (Scotty McCreery, Matthew West, Frank Rogers)
7. "Why You Gotta Be Like That" (Scotty McCreery, Jordan Schmidt, James McNair)
8. "Home" (Scotty McCreery, Frank Rogers, Brent Anderson, Tammi Kidd)
9. "Carolina to Me" (Scotty McCreery, Jeremy Bussey, Taylor Phillips)
10. "Small Town Girl" (Scotty McCreery, Ashley Gorley, Zach Crowell)
11. "That Kind of Fire" (Scotty McCreery, Josh Hoge, Matt McVaney, Justin Wilson)
12. "How Ya Doin’ Up There" (Scotty McCreery, Monty Criswell, Derek George, Tyler Reeve)

Read More: Scotty McCreery to Release New Album, 'Same Truck', This Fall | https://tasteofcountry.com/scotty-mccreery-same-truck-album/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Official Press Release

NASHVILLE, TN. – (22nd July, 2021) – Triple Tigers recording artist Scotty McCreery will release his highly anticipated fifth studio album, Same Truck, on September 17th 2021. The album, produced by Frank Rogers, Derek Wells and Aaron Eshuis, is available now for pre-order HERE: https://orcd.co/scottymccreerysametruck. The project features his current Top 15 and rising single 'You Time' and his recently released song 'Why You Gotta Be Like That', which quickly was added to Spotify’s New Music Friday playlist; Apple’s Best New Country Songs and New in Country playlists; and Pandora’s New Music Now, New Country Now and New Country playlists.

Originally, the album was going to be announced in August, but after intense fan demand following last Friday’s release of 'Why You Gotta Be Like That' caused pre-sale information to leak at several key retailers, McCreery and his label both decided to announce the album early as a thank you to his fans for fervently supporting his music through the years.

"It’s gratifying to learn that my fans are so excited about my upcoming new album that they sought out pre-order information before it was ready to be announced….and got it,” said McCreery. “Thanks to Triple Tigers and the retailers for coming together quickly so we could make this official album announcement. I can’t wait to share this music with everyone.”

Same Truck features 12 songs, 10 of which were co-written by McCreery, including the title track, 'You Time', and 'Why You Gotta Be Like That'. Coming three years after his last album Seasons Change (which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Country Albums Chart, is RIAA certified Gold, and features three consecutive No. 1 hits), Same Truck is a reflection of where he is in life now as a man married to the love of his life for three years and who is also celebrating his 10th year as an entertainer.

“My last album was about me as a young man getting ready to get married,” said McCreery. "Same Truck is me three years later, taking a moment to acknowledge where I am now as a 27-year-old, happily married man, sharing both what I’ve learned and where I want to go.”

In the midst of his You Time Tour, McCreery has been performing several songs from the new album in concert. “You never know how new songs are going to go over in the live show, but our audiences sure seem to enjoy them from the reaction we’re receiving,” said the North Carolina native.

People...

Edited by drdeb
  • Like 2

I can't wait for the new album. Love the new song. It's very catchy.

FYI: Morgan Wallen for months has been averaging about 50,000 album equivalent sales a week (includes sales & streaming). His album has been #1 for awhile on the Billboard Country Album charts even with album releases from A-listers such as Blake, Thomas Rhett, etc. Just saying, Scotty will likely need above 50K to get the #1. It can be done, but we need people to buy & stream, the streaming services to put him on big playlists, etc. Due to Morgan's "cancellation" his fans will keep buying & streaming his music.

It seems like there's a bunch of new rules for Billboard album charts that started last year. It includes new rules for merch & concert ticket bundles, physical copies only counting as a sale when shipped, digital copies only count as sale when redeemed, etc. 

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/8544817/new-rules-merchandise-album-bundles

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/billboard-announces-new-chart-rules-putting-an-end-to-ticket-and-merch-bundles__30209/

• Like 3

Deb, I think you can  still edit your post above yourself now... When you edit your first post, the title will be included with the post. 

I have corrected mine at times on concert threads You no longer need the Admin!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, buttons66 said:

Deb, I think you can  still edit your post above yourself now... When you edit your first post, the title will be included with the post. 

Yep. On a post, but not so sure about "thread" name.  Probably need admin for that

Edited by tfortexas

30 minutes ago, ptebwwong said:

FYI: Morgan Wallen for months has been averaging about 50,000 album equivalent sales a week (includes sales & streaming). His album has been #1 for awhile on the Billboard Country Album charts even with album releases from A-listers such as Blake, Thomas Rhett, etc. Just saying, Scotty will likely need above 50K to get the #1. It can be done, but we need people to buy & stream, the streaming services to put him on big playlists, etc. Due to Morgan's "cancellation" his fans will keep buying & streaming his music.

It seems like there's a bunch of new rules for Billboard album charts that started last year. It includes new rules for merch & concert ticket bundles, physical copies only counting as a sale when shipped, digital copies only count as sale when redeemed, etc. 

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/8544817/new-rules-merchandise-album-bundles

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/billboard-announces-new-chart-rules-putting-an-end-to-ticket-and-merch-bundles__30209/

Haha, Wallen's fans, upset about "cancellation". 

• drdeb changed the title to "SAME TRUCK" ... Scotty's next #1 album!
16 minutes ago, buttons66 said:

It worked -- thanks Sandy!!!! ... Now this is a site change that I can live with 🙂

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ptebwwong said:

Agreed. It'll be tough which is why I'm glad we have a TWO month lead time! :thumbs:

• Like 1

Given that "Why You Gotta Be Like That" was released for the express purpose of promoting "Same Truck", I'm going to post any new info about the single on this thread! :thumbs:

"WHY YOU GOTTA BE LIKE THAT"

•  iTunes Top 200 Country songs:

debut:  #48

peak:    #29 ... 🤩

current rank:  #33 

• Video:   

Edited by drdeb

SCOTTY MCCREERY RELEASES ‘WHY YOU GOTTA BE LIKE THAT’

Posted by Buddy Iahn | Jul 16, 2021 | Country | 0 

scottymccreery.jpg

SONG APPEARS ON FORTHCOMING NEW ALBUM

In between more than 130 online performances throughout 2020, Scotty McCreery has been writing songs and in the studio working on his highly anticipated fifth studio album coming out later this year. The multi-Platinum selling artist readies his fans for more new music on the way with the release of “Why You Gotta Be Like That,” along with a special visualizer video. “Why You Gotta Be Like That” was written by McCreery, James McNair, and Jordan Schmidt.

“My wife Gabi and I had a date night the evening before I wrote ‘Why You Gotta Be Like That’ with James and Jordan. She came downstairs looking gorgeous as usual, and well…the song tells the rest of the story,” states McCreery with a smile. “Writing with James and Jordan is always so much fun, and I think that genuine feeling comes through in the song as well 

“Why You Gotta Be Like That” follows McCreery’s current single “You Time,” the first from his upcoming new album which he plans to put out in the fall. Written by McCreery, Rogers and Eshuis, “You Time” is rising steadily, currently in the Top 15 on the Mediabase/Country Aircheck Country Singles Chart.

McCreery met one of his bucket list goals recently when he performed in Anchorage, Alaska in June as the headliner of the Backyard Country BBQ. With that concert, he has now visited and performed in all 50 states. The Alaska show was part of his previously announced You Time Tour which kicked off that month and will continue into the fall. He will also support Old Dominion on select Live from the Ballpark Tour dates.

( maybe he should stop talking about songs coming from his life..or not😂🥰 )

• Like 1

FYI....I had posted the info about the new album on WSG this morning..however I just got a message from Scott S asking me to remove it since the release date may not be set-in-stone. Looks like perhaps Amazon may have jumped the gun slightly!🤔 Tweaking on the date was the word he used. He loves all the enthuiasm for the new music of course.❤️

50 minutes ago, buttons66 said:

FYI....I had posted the info about the new album on WSG this morning..however I just got a message from Scott S asking me to remove it since the release date may not be set-in-stone. Looks like perhaps Amazon may have jumped the gun slightly!🤔 Tweaking on the date was the word he used. He loves all the enthuiasm for the new music of course.❤️

The release date has been whispered for awhile, was posted on an industry website 2 days ago and posted today by Amazon, Target and prob more ... If TT ends up having to change it, so be it.  This type of juggling occurs all of the time with albums; after all, the uber A-listers never give it a rest! :thumbs:

Edited by drdeb
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, drdeb said:

Given that "Why You Gotta Be Like That" was released for the express purpose of promoting "Same Truck", I'm going to post any new info about the single on this thread! :thumbs:

•  iTunes Top 200 Country songs:

peak:    #29 ... 🤩

current rank:  #33 

• Video:   

Given that "Why You Gotta Be Like That" was released for the express purpose of promoting "Same Truck", I'm will post new info about the single on this thread! :thumbs:

•  iTunes Top 200 Country:

peak:    #29 

current rank:  #32 ... holding strong! 👏

• Video (released 7.16.21)  

Views:

27,015 (7.17.21) ... 👏

Edited by drdeb

On 7/17/2021 at 7:57 AM, drdeb said:

Given that "Why You Gotta Be Like That" was released for the express purpose of promoting "Same Truck", I'm will post new info about the single on this thread! :thumbs:

peak:    #29 

current rank:  #32 ... holding strong! 👏

Views:

27,015 (7.17.21) ... 👏

Update: 7.18.21

debut:  #48 (7.16.21)

peak:    #29 (7.16.21)

current rank:  #55 ... doing well for a song without any 'airplay' support 👏

Views:

27,015 (7.17.21) 

51,398 (7.18.21) ... 👏

• Spotify

62,342 streams (7.18.21) 👏  ... Note:  Spotify's numbers are 1 day in arrears!

Edited by drdeb
  • Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 9:07 AM, drdeb said:

Update: 7.18.21

current rank:  #55 ... doing well for a song without any 'airplay' support 👏

Views:

27,015 (7.17.21) 

51,398 (7.18.21)           

• Spotify

62,342 streams (7.18.21) ... Note:  Spotify's numbers are 1 day in arrears!

Update: 7.19.21

current rank:  #113 ... doing well for a song without any 'airplay' support 👏

Views:

27,015 (7.17.21) 

51,398 (7.18.21) 

69,759 (7.19.21) ... 👏

• Spotify

62,342 streams (7.18.21) ... Note:  Spotify's numbers are 1 day in arrears!

98,307 streams (7.19.21) ... Impressive 👏

Edited by drdeb
  • Like 3