"SAME TRUCK" ... Scotty's next hit album!

drdeb

TODAYS COUNTRY 

Song Review: Scotty McCreery - "Why You Gotta Be Like That"

scottymccreerywhyyougotta.jpg

SCOTTY MCCREERY

"Why You Gotta Be Like That" 

Triple Tigers

With his latest single “You Time” recently climbing into the top 15 on the Country Airplay chart, and his upcoming fifth studio album already being highly anticipated, multi-platinum selling artist Scotty McCreery continues to tease things still to come with the release of his brand-new song “Why You Gotta Be Like That.”

Written by McCreery, James McNair, and Jordan Schmidt, the song gives us an ultra-catchy, clap-a-long groove that instantly pulls you into the lyrics that sing of having your breath taken away and being stunned when your love first walks into the room after taking their time getting ready to head out for the night – to a party in the case of this song.

As the story unfolds, McCreery sings the line, “Looks like we are gonna be fashionably late,” and it sets the rest of entire story in motion. He sets down his whiskey, they kiss, and the don’t arrive at the party until 2 hours later.

McCreery flirtatiously sings throughout the song of how he’s gonna blame her for their being late, as he perfectly describes what she’s wearing that has him so revved up: Denim jeans and low-cut combo, hair down, and a white tank top (perhaps this is even a nod to Dierks Bentley’s “What Was I Thinkin’).

McCreery has said that this song was written the day after a date night with his wife Gabi when she came downstairs “looking gorgeous as usual.”

Whenever an artist writes something that’s born from someplace real, the song will then resonate that much more with the listeners as the artist is giving them another small piece of who they are off the stage, while also showing them that their real life isn’t all that much different than theirs.

That’s what Scotty McCreery has effectively done with “Why You Gotta Be Like That,” all while masterfully turning the heat up another notch on the anticipation for his forthcoming album.  

(Review Written By: Jeffrey Kurtis)

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 9:12 AM, drdeb said:

Given that "Why You Gotta Be Like That" was released for the express purpose of promoting "Same Truck", I'm will post new info about the single on this thread! :thumbs:

Update: 7.19.21

"WHY YOU GOTTA BE LIKE THAT"

•  iTunes Top 200 Country:

debut:  #48 (7.16.21)

peak:    #29 (7.16.21)

current rank:  #113 ... doing well for a song without any 'airplay' support 👏

• Video (released 7.16.21)  

Views:

27,015 (7.17.21) 

51,398 (7.18.21) 

69,759 (7.19.21) ... 👏

• Spotify

62,342 streams (7.18.21) ... Note:  Spotify's numbers are 1 day in arrears!

98,307 streams (7.19.21) ... Impressive 👏

Given that "Why You Gotta Be Like That" was released for the express purpose of promoting "Same Truck", I'm will post new info about the single on this thread! :thumbs:

Update: 7.21.21

Views:

27,015 (7.17.21) 

51,398 (7.18.21) 

69,759 (7.19.21) 

106,144 (7.21.21) ... 👏

• Spotify

62,342 streams (7.18.21) 

98,307 streams (7.19.21)

153,580 streams (7.21.21) ... Impressive 👏

• Like 2

23 hours ago, drdeb said:

Update: 7.21.21

Views:

27,015 (7.17.21) 

51,398 (7.18.21) 

69,759 (7.19.21) 

106,144 (7.21.21) ... 👏

• Spotify

62,342 streams (7.18.21) 

98,307 streams (7.19.21)

153,580 streams (7.21.21) ... Impressive 👏

Update: 7.22.21

Views:

27,015 (7.17.21) 

51,398 (7.18.21) 

69,759 (7.19.21) 

106,144 (7.21.21)

126,081 (7.22.21) ... 👏

• Spotify

62,342 streams (7.18.21) 

98,307 streams (7.19.21)

153,580 streams (7.21.21) 

182,323 streams (7.22.21)  ... Impressive 👏

Edited by drdeb
  • Like 2

scottymccreery
Verified

So…we weren’t going to announce this until August, but y’all went searching and discovered information on my new album SAME TRUCK last week. Can’t tell you how much your support and passion mean to me!! As a thank you, we are officially announcing today that #SameTruck will be released September 17 and is available for pre-order NOW! Pre-order at the link in my bio. https://www.instagram.com/p/CRoblFLrS0i/

😂🥰❤️:ohyeah:👏😍🛻

91hNGCDCjfS._SL1500_.jpg

Scotty McCreery
So…we weren’t going to announce this until August, but y’all went searching and discovered information on my new album SAME TRUCK last week. Can’t tell you how much your support and passion mean to me!! As a thank you, we are officially announcing today that SAME TRUCK will be released September 17 and is available for pre-order NOW! I co-wrote 10 of the 12 songs, including “You Time” and “Why You Gotta Be Like That.” I can’t wait for y’all to hear the whole album.

Edited by buttons66

Same Truck is available to pre-order and pre-save now. Full details are below.

attachment-scotty-mccreery-same-truck.jp
Triple Tigers

Scotty McCreery, Same Truck Tracklist:

1. "Same Truck" (Scotty McCreery, Ashley Gorley, Taylor Phillips, Zach Crowell)
2. "You Time" (Scotty McCreery, Frank Rogers, Aaron Eshuis)
3. "It Matters to Her" (Scotty McCreery, Rhett Akins, Lee Thomas Miller)
4. "Damn Strait" (Trent Tomlinson, Jim Collins)
5. "It’ll Grow on Ya" (Jeremy Bussey, Jason Blaine, Taylor Phillips, Adam Wood)
6. "The Waiter" (Scotty McCreery, Matthew West, Frank Rogers)
7. "Why You Gotta Be Like That" (Scotty McCreery, Jordan Schmidt, James McNair)
8. "Home" (Scotty McCreery, Frank Rogers, Brent Anderson, Tammi Kidd)
9. "Carolina to Me" (Scotty McCreery, Jeremy Bussey, Taylor Phillips)
10. "Small Town Girl" (Scotty McCreery, Ashley Gorley, Zach Crowell)
11. "That Kind of Fire" (Scotty McCreery, Josh Hoge, Matt McVaney, Justin Wilson)
12. "How Ya Doin’ Up There" (Scotty McCreery, Monty Criswell, Derek George, Tyler Reeve)

Read More: Scotty McCreery to Release New Album, 'Same Truck', This Fall | https://tasteofcountry.com/scotty-mccreery-same-truck-album/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

SCOTTY MCCREERY ANNOUNCES FIFTH STUDIO ALBUM, ‘SAME TRUCK’

He co-wrote 10 of the 12 tracks!

Scotty-McCreery-a-1626965731-1280x793.jp

Country star and Triple Tiger recording artist Scotty McCreery is set to release his highly anticipated fifth studio album, Same Truck, on September 17.

The announcement, which was initially slated for August, arrived after the demand from his dedicated fanbase following the release of “Why You Gotta Be Like That” causing “pre-sale information to leak at several retailers,” according to a press release. Thus, as a special thank you to his supportive fans, both McCreery and his label decided to share the good news and announce the album earlier.

“It’s gratifying to learn that my fans are so excited about my upcoming new album that they sought out pre-order information before it was ready to be announced….and got it,” says McCreery. “Thanks to Triple Tigers and the retailers for coming together quickly so we could make this official album announcement. I can’t wait to share this music with everyone.”  

Produced by Frank Rogers, Derek Wells and Aaron Eshuis, Same Truck will feature 12 songs, including the brand new “Why You Gotta Be Like That” and its lead single “You Time,” which is currently Top 15 and rising on country radio. The collection will reflect McCreery’s life as a married man and celebrate his decade-long career as an entertainer.

“My last album was about me as a young man getting ready to get married,” adds the North Carolina native, who co-wrote 10 of 12 of the tracks. “Same Truck is me three years later, taking a moment to acknowledge where I am now as a 27-year-old, happily married man, sharing both what I’ve learned and where I want to go.”

INSTAGRAM

Happy to have been able to shoot the album cover for @scottymccreery’s latest. This wasn’t suppose to be announced till the end of August, but his fans felt otherwise and managed to snoop around and discover this image online ahead of schedule (which is both hilarious and makes total sense as there is a lot of enthusiasm for this one.) Big thanks to @tripletigers@sonynashville@888couri@laurahostelley@thescottstem@hopeegarrison for bringing me on and helping to make the photoshoot a success. And to @mcopous for helping me take A LOT of photos and making sure everything ran smoothly. Album drops 9/17! Expect to hear it on your radio nonstop! #scottymccreery #albumcover #albumart #albumphoto #photoshoot #sonya7iii #sametruck #country

2 hours ago, buttons66 said:

Same Truck is available to pre-order and pre-save now. Full details are below.

attachment-scotty-mccreery-same-truck.jp
Triple Tigers

Scotty McCreery, Same Truck Tracklist:

1. "Same Truck" (Scotty McCreery, Ashley Gorley, Taylor Phillips, Zach Crowell)
2. "You Time" (Scotty McCreery, Frank Rogers, Aaron Eshuis)
3. "It Matters to Her" (Scotty McCreery, Rhett Akins, Lee Thomas Miller)
4. "Damn Strait" (Trent Tomlinson, Jim Collins)
5. "It’ll Grow on Ya" (Jeremy Bussey, Jason Blaine, Taylor Phillips, Adam Wood)
6. "The Waiter" (Scotty McCreery, Matthew West, Frank Rogers)
7. "Why You Gotta Be Like That" (Scotty McCreery, Jordan Schmidt, James McNair)
8. "Home" (Scotty McCreery, Frank Rogers, Brent Anderson, Tammi Kidd)
9. "Carolina to Me" (Scotty McCreery, Jeremy Bussey, Taylor Phillips)
10. "Small Town Girl" (Scotty McCreery, Ashley Gorley, Zach Crowell)
11. "That Kind of Fire" (Scotty McCreery, Josh Hoge, Matt McVaney, Justin Wilson)
12. "How Ya Doin’ Up There" (Scotty McCreery, Monty Criswell, Derek George, Tyler Reeve)

Read More: Scotty McCreery to Release New Album, 'Same Truck', This Fall | https://tasteofcountry.com/scotty-mccreery-same-truck-album/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Notice what's missing.  Twice A Child.

Edited by tfortexas

8 minutes ago, tfortexas said:

Notice what's missing.  Twice A Child.

Falling for a Stranger & Last Night are also missing. There was a recent interview Scotty did where he said most of the new album was written & done during the pandemic. It sounded like a lot of the music he originally had on the album wasn't probably going to be on it. It sounded like Scotty thought the new material was better so while the label probably had some input this was likely also Scotty's choice. 

Also, Scotty was trying to tie up this album in one big theme. It's possible those songs didn't fit.

20 minutes ago, ptebwwong said:

Falling for a Stranger & Last Night are also missing. There was a recent interview Scotty did where he said most of the new album was written & done during the pandemic. It sounded like a lot of the music he originally had on the album wasn't probably going to be on it. It sounded like Scotty thought the new material was better so while the label probably had some input this was likely also Scotty's choice. 

Also, Scotty was trying to tie up this album in one big theme. It's possible those songs didn't fit.

Also Scotty didn't have a co-write on TAC & FFAS.  Artists get no money for airplay unless they are on the writer side.

Edited by tfortexas

1 minute ago, tfortexas said:

Also Scotty didn't have a co-write on TAC & FFAS. 

I know. Just saying that in the interview sounded most of the new album was done during the pandemic. Once I heard that, I thought some of those songs he previewed wouldn't be on the upcoming album & none of them are (unless it's on a deluxe album or as a bonus track).

43 minutes ago, ptebwwong said:

I know. Just saying that in the interview sounded most of the new album was done during the pandemic. Once I heard that, I thought some of those songs he previewed wouldn't be on the upcoming album & none of them are (unless it's on a deluxe album or as a bonus track).

Yes I remember the interview.  He also said hic co-writes were only about 1/2 the songs.  But this list has only two he didn't co-write. 

postimg_1626959637

SCOTTY McCREERY ANNOUNCES NEW ALBUM, SAME TRUCK, TO BE RELEASED SEPTEMBER 17TH

PRE-ORDERS BEGIN NOW

Album Features His Current Top 15 and Rising Single 'You Time' and Recently Released Song 'Why You Gotta Be Like That'

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

NEWS PROVIDED BY
LIME TREE MUSIC

NASHVILLE, TN. – (22nd July, 2021) – Triple Tigers recording artist Scotty McCreery will release his highly anticipated fifth studio album, Same Truck, on September 17th 2021. The album, produced by Frank Rogers, Derek Wells and Aaron Eshuis, is available now for pre-order HERE: https://orcd.co/scottymccreerysametruck. The project features his current Top 15 and rising single 'You Time' and his recently released song 'Why You Gotta Be Like That', which quickly was added to Spotify’s New Music Friday playlist; Apple’s Best New Country Songs and New in Country playlists; and Pandora’s New Music Now, New Country Now and New Country playlists.

Originally, the album was going to be announced in August, but after intense fan demand following last Friday’s release of 'Why You Gotta Be Like That' caused pre-sale information to leak at several key retailers, McCreery and his label both decided to announce the album early as a thank you to his fans for fervently supporting his music through the years.

“It’s gratifying to learn that my fans are so excited about my upcoming new album that they sought out pre-order information before it was ready to be announced….and got it,” said McCreery. “Thanks to Triple Tigers and the retailers for coming together quickly so we could make this official album announcement. I can’t wait to share this music with everyone.”

Same Truck features 12 songs, 10 of which were co-written by McCreery, including the title track, 'You Time', and 'Why You Gotta Be Like That'. Coming three years after his last album Seasons Change (which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Country Albums Chart, is RIAA certified Gold, and features three consecutive No. 1 hits), Same Truck is a reflection of where he is in life now as a man married to the love of his life for three years and who is also celebrating his 10th year as an entertainer.

“My last album was about me as a young man getting ready to get married,” said McCreery. "Same Truck is me three years later, taking a moment to acknowledge where I am now as a 27-year-old, happily married man, sharing both what I’ve learned and where I want to go.”

In the midst of his You Time Tour, McCreery has been performing several songs from the new album in concert. “You never know how new songs are going to go over in the live show, but our audiences sure seem to enjoy them from the reaction we’re receiving,” said the North Carolina native.

fluidmusicrevolution Pre-Order the new @scottymccreery album #sametruck. We are excited to have the following tracks on the record!!

* You Time.... (#frankrogers, Scotty McCreery, Aaron Eshuis)

* It’ll Grow On Ya.... (
@jeremybusseymusic, Jason Blaine, Taylor Phillips, Adam Wood)

* The Waiter... (
#frankrogers, Scotty McCreery, Matthew West)

* Home ...(
#frankrogers, Scotty McCreery, Brent Anderson, Tammi Kidd)

* Carolina To Me... (
@jeremybusseymusic, Scotty McCreery, Taylor Phillips)

* How Ya Doin’ Up There... (
#montycriswell@dgfunkyfriar, Scotty McCreery, Tyler Reeve)

Edited by buttons66

On 7/22/2021 at 7:46 AM, drdeb said:

Update: 7.22.21

Views:

27,015 (7.17.21) 

51,398 (7.18.21) 

69,759 (7.19.21) 

106,144 (7.21.21)

126,081 (7.22.21) ... 👏

• Spotify

62,342 streams (7.18.21) 

98,307 streams (7.19.21)

182,323 streams (7.22.21)  ... Impressive 👏

Update: 7.23.21

Views:

27,015 (7.17.21) 

51,398 (7.18.21) 

69,759 (7.19.21) 

106,144 (7.21.21)

126,081 (7.22.21)

149,102 (7.23.21) ... 👏

• Spotify

62,342 streams (7.18.21) 

98,307 streams (7.19.21)

182,323 streams (7.22.21) 

209,110 streams (7.23.21) ... Impressive! 👏

Edited by drdeb

Page 1 / Post #1 has been updated :thumbs:

Tough decisions had to be made regarding Same Truck's track list.  It's my guess that the 'included' songs were consistent with the album's overall theme, featured Scotty as a co-writer* (w/only 2 key exceptions - and notice that 'Strait' is in the title of one) and, of course, passed the all important 'gut/Gabi loved it' test!

*As some have mentioned, the only way an artist can make money these days (even off a #1 song) is to be both the singer and the writer/co-writer!

Edited by drdeb