🌻 Girl Named Tom Fan Thread 🌻

Bk1234

5 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Also, their performance of "Creep" led me to think they can pull off "The Chain" similar to how The Highwomen did it. (country female quartet that Brandi Carlile and Maren Morris are part of!)

Omg, why am I just discovering this now? 😮 This version suits them PERFECTLY. 

Actually, I've been screaming for GNT to sing Crowded Table, by the Highwomen. This song literally won the grammy for best country song and The Voice has been ignoring it, ever since. Also, Minivan will eat it up the lyrics so much. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Actually, I've been screaming for GNT to sing Crowded Table, by the Highwomen. This song literally won the grammy for best country song and The Voice has been ignoring it, ever since. Also, Minivan will eat it up the lyrics so much. 

Love the album where this came from, and this is the song that would suit GNT the best.

• Like 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

Something from the Highwaywomen would suit them very well?

What do you guys think of The Chain by FM for them? (which is also a song that the Highwaywomen have covered)

I suggested that in the last page and linked the Highwomen version lol but yeah

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Wouldn't have known it before their PO, but intensity shouldn't be a problem for them.

Agreed.

People seem a bit divided over their PO, but it showed they're versatile and can handle anything. 

If they win, it would actually have been a crucial moment for them I feel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SNI2 said:

I can literally see them performing this - thanks for the suggestion. 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

Wouldn't have known it before their PO, but intensity shouldn't be a problem for them.

Yeah, their performance of “Creep” showed that they can bring intensity to a performance. I actually really liked that side of them. 

53 minutes ago, Arsh said:

I'm aware that Jordan Smith has annihilated Somebody to Love.

However, I believe GNT will fare much better on this track. They can arrange the song in the same way as the Glee cast did.

Surprisingly, I think this could work as well - given a different arrangement of course. :haha: I think their version would stand out from Jordan’s if they were to sing it. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Agreed.

People seem a bit divided over their PO, but it showed they're versatile and can handle anything. 

If they win, it would actually have been a crucial moment for them I feel.

My take on it is that they did what they needed to do. They showcased a more intense take on a song and the fact that they can step out of their lane and still do well. Their performance along with Lana’s have literally been on loop since Monday night. :haha:

I actually think they should stay away from Queen :haha: They got that comparison from Kelly, which makes me scared. Its like with singing Whitney or Mariah, don't cover Queen unless you're ABSOLUTELY SURE you can.

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

I actually think they should stay away from Queen :haha: They got that comparison from Kelly, which makes me scared. Its like with singing Whitney or Mariah, don't cover Queen unless you're ABSOLUTELY SURE you can.

Interesting. I think it’s a creative arrangement away from a moment. :haha:

17 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, no Queen, please. That's a tall an order as it gets.

Not to say they can't create a great arrangement of a Queen song, but they would need more time and creative freedom. Probably should do it at their shows, but not on this one. Its just too risky.

💯

49 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I jokingly suggested Bohemian Rhapsody elsewhere but agree.  I'm not at all convinced they wouldn't nail, say, Killer Queen or even BR, and would love to hear them try it, but the risk is probably too high here. On the other hand, if they should decide, considering all that, to sing Queen, then I do expect them to nail it.  They seem to be perfectionists. If they do it, it'll be good.

As to Creep, I also think GNT killed it and that solo time for Bekah was gorgeous.  I had a bad initial reaction to their taking on that tired and troubled warhorse, and getting it straight out of the chute and without prior info made it worse. It took a bit then to focus and get into what they were actually doing, and performances were short.  Afterwards, the transition time between all those singers was so short, you didn't have much time to reflect before the next was up. I didn't really appreciate GNT's performance until I rewatched it at leisure. If they can rouse that Creep to life, I look forward to whatever they do.

8 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, no Queen, please. That's a tall an order as it gets.

Not to say they can't create a great arrangement of a Queen song, but they would need more time and creative freedom. Probably should do it at their shows, but not on this one. Its just too risky.

I’m actually in disagreement here. 🙃 I think they would actually do well with a creative arrangement.