'90s TV Shows Rankdown (Winner Announced on Page 132)

Steven_

12. DAWSON'S CREEK

title_27.jpg?fit=640,380

dawson-crying-gif-7.gif

DIANA: 2

JC: 3

WALLACE: 14

DEREK: 15

GIGI: 16

PUBLIC: 19

DIANA

As much as my number one was a given to me, Dawson Creek’s came into a close second. Is there anything as iconic as the love story of Joey and Pacey? I THINK NOT. I put it 2nd because my number one I have enjoyed more during my rewatches but Dawson’s Creek was such a huge part of my childhood that I am so incredibly proud of myself for getting it this far. The fact both my public immunities at the very beginning of the game made the endgame. I believe Derek’s did too so that is amazing. I love Dawson’s Creek so much from the petty drama to the storylines that tore your heart hard. JEN DESERVED SO MUCH BETTER. The way I was at the edge of my seat to the very end to see who Joey picked. I was team Pacey so I won, I really won.

JC

I actually had never watched the creek until recently. I watched all the episodes on Hulu and could not get enough of it. Actually I think I am going to move it up since I remember it much better than some of the other shows I ranked higher for nostalgia purposes because I think that's only fair. Dawson was just okay on this show to be honest. I did not really enjoy him. I feel like most main characters always end up being the duds of the main cast. I was Team Pacey all the way. Loved him so much. And Jack. And Joey. Pretty much all the main cast I liked better than Dawson. I found him whiny and annoying. Joey and Pacey were OTP for real. Always were and always will! :wub: Honestly, when that pairing happened, I was obsessed with it. Just love bad boy Pacey, I can't help it. He's so fricking hot and sexy for some reason ❤️ Also loved that they had Jack as a main gay character which was rare back then. Loved Jack and his hotness, and all his dating prospects! So nice to see a gay storyline, I should have watched it earlier as an adolescent because very few shows had a gay main character. It was very rare back in our childhoods. Dawson's Creek was definitely before it's time. As with most casts though from back then, it would have been nice to have some diversity in there. It is interesting that they had gay diversity, but no racial diversity. Anyways, I guess I should talk more about Dawson and Joey and their friendship, but honestly I was not much a fan of that. I actually liked the blond girl more, for some reason I am blanking on her name right now. Jen - had to look that up. But her character was actually much more interesting. Goes back to my thought of everyone being much better than the main characters. Anyways, love Pacey and Jack and this high ranking is for them! :wub: Omgod if Pacey and Jack had gotten together, it would have blown my mind!!! 💕

WALLACE

I always really enjoyed Dawson's Creek, but I think it's another one of those shows I was more into earlier on in its run, but I think I lost interest or didn't make it through to the end of it? I can't really remember. I do remember the big thing being Team Dawson or Team Pacey for Joey. I think I was always Team Dawson & Joey. But this show did launch or help popularize a lot of well known and famous actors and actresses such as James van der Beek, Katie Holmes, Michelle Williams and Joshua Jackson. Oh and I like that Busy Phillips was on this towards the end. Well done to Diana on protecting this show so strongly to get it to the Top 20.

DEREK

LMAO not only at this show making the finals, but it being one of only TWO dramas left. What the hell happened here???? I truly hope Diana ranks this in her Top 2 or something because otherwise this won't be worth it. I think this show is a bit cheesy and cliche and not of the highest quality, but I don't think it's going to need me to massively tank it to keep it out of the Top 10.

GIGI

The show ran on the WB from January 20, 1998 to May 14, 2003.  That is six seasons, 128 episodes.  I am familiar with the show and James Van Der Beek, Katie Holmes, and Joshua Jackson, but despite that, I have never watched it.

PUBLIC

LOL no. - Sola

• Sad 1

• Steven_ changed the title to '90s TV Shows Rankdown (#12 Posted)
1 minute ago, Steven_ said:

DEREK

LMAO not only at this show making the finals, but it being one of only TWO dramas left. What the hell happened here???? I truly hope Diana ranks this in her Top 2 or something because otherwise this won't be worth it.

She ranked it 2! It's worth it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goofycilla90 said:

Aw that’s messed up didn’t his wife miscarry or something around this time?

Well this was his elimination, but yeah he got eliminated days after in his first bottom two appearance vs. Ally's third. Truly one of the most wild DWTS moments ever.

1 minute ago, goofycilla90 said:

I mean I guess. I wouldn’t relish in someone’s pain like that lol

Yes clearly me posting a picture of James van der Beek getting eliminated from DWTS is relishing in the pain of a tragedy in his personal life. You're weird for even bringing it there.