SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 5)

.Rei

US4 RESULTS PART TWO

25. Chelsie Hightower & Mark Kanemura - "Fuego" (Salsa by Alex Da Silva) 

6jvz2m.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7Fiu7Er5QA

RANKINGS:

@JC - 6

@*Chris - 14

@Alex95 - 14

@*Diana - 16

@.Rei - 17

@Elliott - 23

@taylorkat - 23

@FrogLenzen - 24

@*Wallace - 26

@Zoey - 30

Avg. Score = 19.30

COMMENTS

JC

Fiah as eff.

Chris

I really like this routine but it just happen that I like the other routines more - I really wish I could have had this one higher.

Rei

tbh I don’t really understand the Chelsie hate. Yes, her hip hops weren’t greatest but that’s mostly NappuTabs fault for giving her such crappy choreography. IMO she had the strongest Ballroom technique from all the Utah girls that have been of the show.. Like I love Witney and Jenna, but neither had the technique that Chelsie had at #18. And this salsa is one of the many great displays from Chelsie. And on top of that Mark was pretty great and was able to kept up.

Derek

kind of low energy in the middle. Did not expect this dance to make it, but I guess this is what happens when you cut all their other ones.

Wallace

I kinda feel bad ranking this so low, as I do really like this Salsa from Chelsie & Mark. But I love the majority of the routines in this Final 30, and this wasn't ever one of my major standout favorites. This is one of those dances that I think are solid, and really good but not a dance I watch or remember that much. Mark did well and partnered Chelsie well, but I felt like Chelsie was the standout here. She was so fierce and danced this amazingly. She had great hip action, performance skills and was flawless. I did love all of their partnering and armorgraphy. I do have to hand it to Mark as his partnering skills were really good here. I do like all of their rhythmic side by side dancing. The last lift was pretty cool too.

(TIE) 23. Gev Manoukian - "Everybody Loves a Carnival" (Breakdance)

6jvzfb.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPKzxa3ShVY

RANKINGS:

Derek - 8

Rei - 10

JC - 12

Elliott - 15

Zoey - 20

Alex - 21

Wallace - 22

Gigi - 26

Diana - 27

Chris - 28

Avg. Score = 18.90

COMMENTS

Derek

Easily the best solo of the season and I'm already judging all of you for the low scores that you're going to give this.

Rei

Gev is massively underrated on IDF. He had a near flawless run where slayed all of his routines. He also was an incredible soloist and this one is just amazing. I was sweating all round when this was getting votes to be eliminated, so I’m glad it survived. Judging all of those people though.

JC

Gev can solo

Wallace

A solo that I actually remember really well. I have you all shook there! (!) Lol but really, this is a solo I remember and really love from Gev, and think it's quite the iconic solo. I love his musicality and how he dances here. His opening moves were a lot of fun. Then what was that dancing he did laying down? That was kinda crazy but so good. But then he brings out some sick and crazy impressive b-boy moves in there. And then all of those crazy and risky flips he did. Whatt? :omg: Maybe this dance could have had more b-boy moves in there but at the same time, it was much more than a b-boy solo. Impressive and super fun solo from Gev!

Chris

This was a great solo but  I am ranking all of the solos at the bottom of my ranking as I find the routines to be stronger than the solos. 

(TIE) 23. Chelsie Hightower & Gev Manoukian - "The House is Rockin'" (Jive by Jean-Marc Généreux & France Mousseau)

6jvzwv.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzRpivN6Lk8

RANKINGS:

Chris - 13

JC - 14

Rei - 16

Alex - 16

Wallace - 17

Elliott - 19

Diana - 21

Gigi - 21

Derek - 25

Zoey - 27

Avg. Score = 18.90

COMMENTS

Chris

Loved everything about this Jive - Chelsie killed it as expected, and Gev really delivered

JC

Chelsie dominated

Rei

OMG I’m so happy this made it as I absolutely love this. Gev showed again why he was the most versatile guy of the season and Chelsie just murdered it!!! No one can deny that Chelsie is one of the best ballroom girls this show has ever seen, and people like to hate her just cause she was 18, from Utah and blond 🙂 

Wallace

Even though I prefer them on their original partnerships Chelsie & Gev were such a great partnership and really enjoyed both of their dances together (funnily enough I can say the same about Courtney & Gev). This was such a fun, entertaining and energetic Jive, just how I like my Jives. Chelsie was amazing here and made this look effortless, as she should. Gev was maybe a little messy technically but he really brought it, kept up and did a great job here. This was such a jam packed and energetic routine. I loved their partnering together, all of the fast leg action and especially those kicks & flicks they did! So many great parts here, but I love that part where Gev kept twirling Chelsie around and how she spun around there and those last spinning arm moves. This is just so much fun!

Derek

Gev is getting it, but there were a couple missed connections that took me out of it

22. Katee Shean & Joshua Allen - "Baila, Baila" (Samba by Tony Meredith & Melanie LaPatin)

6jw09l.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs9elnS2-rM

RANKINGS:

Zoey - 1

Derek - 2

Wallace - 13

Diana - 17

Rei - 19

Alex - 26

Elliott - 26

JC - 27

Chris - 27

Gigi - 29

Avg. Score = 18.70

COMMENTS

Wallace

This was such such a fun, hot and sexy Samba from Katee & Joshua. Oooh Katee was workin' it at the start and with that dress. :omg: But yeah Katee & Joshua killed it here with this dance. They had great partnering work, hip action, rhythm, footwork and energy all throughout the dance. There was a lot of Samba content and theyh executed it so well.  They looked like they were having such a blast here, especially on all of those parts where they were just shaking it about. :bobo: Who would have expected them to slay a Samba like this? :omg: This is one of the many dances that showcases what a versatile and strong partnership Katee & Joshua were. It's also insane how this dance has over 9 million views, but so incredible!

Rei

Katee slaying all three main genres in the first three weeks of the competition. Iconic queen!!!

JC

Sorry Katee for having horrendous partners

Chris

This was not terrible by any means, but I am ranking it as it is my least favourite of theirs that's in the Top 20. 

21. Katee Shean & Joshua Allen - "Dhoom Taana" (Bollywood by Nakul Dev Mahajan)

6jw0ke.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUvbfe1RB9o

RANKINGS:

Alex - 6

Wallace - 9

Zoey - 11

Rei - 14

Diana - 14

Derek - 15

Chris - 24

Elliott - 29

JC - 29

Gigi - 30

Avg. Score = 18.10

COMMENTS

Wallace

Katee & Joshua performed the first ever Bollywood on SYTYCD, and to this day, this remains one of the best and most memorable Bollywood routines ever on this show. It may even be the actual best Bollywood, which many people will say but there's another one I love too. But this was a challenging style and first time this was ever done on the show, but leave it to Katee & Joshua to rise up to the challenge and deliver an amazing dance here. This was such a fun and electrifying routine. It starts off a little quiet but they waste no time bringing the energy and excitment to the dance. I thought they did a great job executing the Bollywood steps and content as well. There were so many layers to this dance, with all of the different Bollywood steps and content, as well as all of the different energy levels. Their sychronized dancing was sharp and so on point. Omg then those parts where theyh did all of those knee spin moves and then that high energy side by side dancing? That was all soooo legit insane and EPIC! :omg: Another incredible dance from Katee & Joshua.

Rei

If any Bollywood routine is gonna make a top 30, it should be this one. This was pretty great and Katee killed it. And if I remember correctly Kitty said once that this was the closest routine to the actual Bollywood so I have to trust her.

Derek

First Bollywood! Also the best? Possibly. 

Chris

An incredible Bollywood but due to some circumstances, I have to rank it here. 

JC

Sorry Katee for having horrendous partners

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (US4) (25-21 Posted)

Alex

6. Doom Taana

14. Fuego

16. The house is rockin'

20. We gonna win

21. Everybody loves a carnival

23. Like you'll never see me again

25. Lights, Camera, Action

26. Baila, Baila

27. Standing there

30. All we are

Chris

13. The house is rockin'

14. Fuego

23. Standing there

24. Doom Taana

25. Lights, Camera, Action

26. Like you'll never see me again

27. Baila, Baila

28. Everybody loves a carnival

29. All we are

30. We gonna win

Derek

2. Baila, Baila

8. Everybody loves a carnival

15. Doom Taana

22. We gonna win

23. Lights, Camera, Action

24. Fuego

25. The house is rockin'

28. Standing there

29. All we are

30. Like you'll never see me again

Diana

14. Doom Taana

15. All we are

16. Fuego

17. Baila, Baila

18. Standing there

21. The house is rockin'

24. Like you'll never see me again

26. We gonna win

27. Everybody loves a carnival

29. Lights, Camera, Action

Elliott

4. We gonna win

5. Like you'll never see me again

6. Lights, Camera, Action

11. Standing there

15. Everybody loves a carnival

16. All we are

19. The house is rockin'

23. Fuego

26. Baila, Baila

29. Doom Taana

Gigi

15. Lights, Camera, Action

16. Like you'll never see me again

19. Standing there

21. The house is rockin'

23. Fuego

26. Everybody loves a carnival

27. All we are

28. We gonna win

29. Baila, Baila

30. Doom Taana

JC

6. Fuego

11. We gonna win

12. Everybody loves a carnival

14. The house is rockin'

17. All we are

18. Lights, Camera, Action

19. Standing there

27. Baila, Baila

29. Doom Taana

Rei

7. We gonna win

9. Lights, Camera, Action

10. Everybody loves a carnival

14. Doom Taana

16. The house is rockin'

17. Fuego

19. Baila, Baila

23. All we are

27. Standing there

29. Like you'll never see me again

Wallace

9. Doom Taana

13. Baila, Baila

16. Standing there

17. The house is rockin'

22. Everybody loves a carnival

26. Fuego

27. We gonna win

28. Lights, Camera, Action

30. All we are

Zoey

1. Baila, Baila

7. All we are

11. Doom Taana

12. Like you'll never see me again

17. Lights, Camera, Action

18. Standing there

20. Everybody loves a carnival

27. The house is rockin'

28. We gonna win

30. Fuego

• Like 1

30. Agreed with the Kherington solo coming in last. I pretty much agree with Chris & Derek here.

29. Derek ranks a Courtney routine to an Alicia Keys song last? I'm shocked. But lol I'm okay with that. I do really like this Lyrical Hip-Hop from Courtney & Will and would have liked this a little higher but can't really fault it being here. 

28. OK now I'm starting to get mad now. 🙂 Courtney & Gev's Jazz was really fun, cute and should have ranked better than this. 😢 How did their Hip-Hop beat this?

27. Great solo from tWitch. But yeah I struggle with solos rankings compared to couple routines.

26. Fun Hip-Hop from Courtney & Gev. I do like this but think this should have been their first routine to show up but I am good with this ranking though I would have preferred the last 3 dances to be higher. :haha: Now stop posting Courtney routines for awhile, please. 🙂 

• Like 1

25. Solid Salsa from Chelsie & Mark. I kinda hated ranking this as low as I did but the season routines was really stacked for me. Fine with this coming in at this spot too. Surprised I ranked this lower than Elliott too.

24. Fantastic solo from Gev. Lmaooo Derek coming at us in his comments before knowing how the ranking would go.

23.  This was a really fun and entertaining and well danced Jive from Chelsie & Gev. Wished this did rank higher. Rei preaching nothing but truth with his comments tho. 👀 LMAO oops, I realized I made a mistake and meant to say "funnily enough I can say the same about Courtney & Mark" but oops, I never caught that. :dead:

22. Aww loved Katee & Joshua's Samba and also wished this was ranked higher. This was such a fun and exciting routine.

21. Oh wow shocked about Katee & Joshua's Bollywood showing up already. I don't get it, as this was like the legit legendary Bollywood routine of the series. No other Bollywood matches this, though there's a few others I loved too. Ugh a certain Katua routine I don't love already beat out these two.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Elliott said:

there was a lot of Katua and Marksie to choose from.

Ooh right, you disliked both of those couples. :dead: 

19 minutes ago, Elliott said:

WHY is Bleeding Love still in this????

Gw7A.gif

me if it ends up winning like "Hip Hip Chin Chin" did.

Lmaooo I would love for it to win to make you mad but it absolutely won't. :dead: (Though it can win the songs game, please. ❤️ )

But it'll do better now than it would have last year without Dee's low ranking of it.

3 hours ago, *Wallace said:

26. Fun Hip-Hop from Courtney & Gev. I do like this but think this should have been their first routine to show up but I am good with this ranking though I would have preferred the last 3 dances to be higher. :haha: Now stop posting Courtney routines for awhile, please. 🙂 

Fake Courtney Fan!!!!!

2 hours ago, *Wallace said:

23.  This was a really fun and entertaining and well danced Jive from Chelsie & Gev. Wished this did rank higher. Rei preaching nothing but truth with his comments tho. 👀 LMAO oops, I realized I made a mistake and meant to say "funnily enough I can say the same about Courtney & Mark" but oops, I never caught that. :dead:

it's hard to be always right 

Sassy Drama Queen GIF