SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 5)

.Rei

AU1 RESULTS PART ONE

(Tie) 20-19. Jack Chambers  - "Theme from Mission Impossible" (Jazz by Kelly Aykers)

6ni0xv.gif

Watch it here

RANKINGS:

@FrogLenzen - 9

@Erestor - 12

@Alex95 - 13

@*Chris - 16

@.Rei - 17

@JC - 17

@*Wallace - 18

@*Amanda - 18

@*Diana - 20

@taylorkat - 20

Avg. Score = 16.00

COMMENTS

Derek

one of the most creative solos in the history of the show. I don’t think any solo has ever had this much narrative content. But yeah Matt says it was a bit literal and that makes this not for everyone

Rei

It is a good solo but I also don't think that any solo should have made the top 20 routines from this season

JC

Cool.

Wallace

This was such a fun, entertaining and memorable solo from Jack. I loved how into character he was with the movie but then brought out such amazing technique and dancing. His musicality and storytelling was so good and insane! :omg: I don't really remember many of the solos of this season but this was a solo I certainly remembered. I'm sad I can't rank it higher but I guess I am just more attached to other routines here.

(Tie)20-19. Demi Sorono & Jack Chambers - "Crazy In Love" - (Hip-Hop)

6ni1ph.gif

Watch it here

RANKINGS:

Derek - 14

Diana - 14

Wallace - 14

JC - 14

Gigi - 16

Patrick - 16

Alex - 17

Chris - 18

Rei - 18

Amanda - 19

Avg. Score = 16.00

COMMENTS

Derek

Cute

Wallace

Um a Hip-Hop routine to "Crazy in Love"? You already know I'm here for this. 😘 This was such a fun and entertaining routine from Demi & Jack. I see Demi channeling her inner Beyonce, which I love and am here for. She was fun and sexy here. Jack had good swag and style here. I loved how they connected together. They had good sync with each other and looked like they were having a blast! :bobo: This is my least fave routine of theirs here (hides) but I still love it and thought it was so fun! :bobo:

JC

Good.

Alex

This create your own dance twist should've been a disaster, but Jack Chambers single-handedly saved it with this routine (though I also liked Henry & Vanessa's lol).

Rei

Demi and Jack had much more iconic routines and I could have done without this here. It is just alright 

18. Kassandra "Kassy" Lee  & Graeme Isaako - "Bleeding Love" - (Lyrical Hip-Hop by Yannus Sufandi)

6ni2jl.gif

Watch it here

RANKINGS:

JC - 2

Patrick - 9

Wallace - 11

Diana - 12

Amanda - 13

Chris - 17

Derek - 17

Alex - 18

Gigi - 19

Rei - 19

Avg. Score = 13.70

COMMENTS

JC

Gorge, love this.

Wallace

Yeah you can question if this was "hip-hop" as I don't really get hip-hop here but I don't care. I loved this routine and thought this was a strong and gorgeous dance from Kassy & Graeme. They danced and performed this so beautifully - great emotional connection and dancing here. :wub: It's such a shame we lost Kassy so soon because she showed how great she was/could have been on the season had she lasted longer. :broken:

Derek

Kassy remains one of the most robbed contestants of all time. She didn’t do anything to deserve being cut that early. That being said, in the grand scheme this doesn’t do much for me and this song just makes me think of another routine

Alex

Chelsie & Mark ate them up.

Rei

There wasn't any hip hop at all in this routine. If we're gonna talk about jazz I still much prefer Marksie's version. 

17. Demi Sorono & Jack Chambers - "Flashlight" - (Boogaloo by Nacho Pop)

6ni7cm.gif

Watch it here

RANKINGS:

Rei - 8

Alex - 9

Chris - 11

Derek - 12

Wallace - 12

JC - 12

Gigi - 14

Amanda - 16

Diana - 17

Patrick - 20

Avg. Score = 13.10

COMMENTS

Rei

I can't believe how robbed is this being. it is a legit great routine.

Alex

Very fun and full of personality, but I stand by the fact that Strict Machine utilized similar movements and was ultimately better and should be in the top 20.

Wallace

THIS WAS SICK! Love the song choice but loved the routine and how Demi & Jack executed the routine. They had swag, style, attitude and most of all, looked like they were having a blast! :bobo: This was the start of a really fantastic partnership - and a reason why Demi & Jack became so popular.

Derek

See my Ghost in the Machine write-up for Nacho Pop thoughts

JC

Great.

13 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Rei ignoring my question about the robbed gallery. :dead: 

lol sorry!!!! :haha:

well everyone who has participated in the previous rounds can pick a routine from each season to advance to the Robbed Gallery!!!!

13 hours ago, .Rei said:

Two routines got the same amount of votes for the most robbed routine, so the two routines entering the Robbed Gallery are.................................

Ghost in the Machine & Fishies!!!!!!!!!

6nj835.gif6nj7yp.gif

Fishies - 4 Votes

Ghost in the Machine - 4 Votes

Pump It - 2 Votes

sucks that these two routines didn't make it, cause imo they would have sailed to the Top 10 at least 

13 hours ago, .Rei said:

Honorable mention for robbed gallery!!!!

The Runner-up was..........................................

Pump It!!!!!!!!

6nj7jn.gif

Chris why you liking this post when we eliminated this dance together? :dead: 

13 hours ago, .Rei said:

Two routines got the same amount of votes for the most robbed routine, so the two routines entering the Robbed Gallery are.................................

Ghost in the Machine & Fishies!!!!!!!!!

6nj835.gif6nj7yp.gif

Fishies - 4 Votes

Ghost in the Machine - 4 Votes

Pump It - 2 Votes

Thank goodness. ❤️  Both were robbed so I'm glad they both won!

- Fine with the Jack solo and the Crazy in Love rankings. Although I wouldn't have minded CIL ranking higher but I get the #19 ranking for it.
- Aww I loved the "Bleeding Love" routine but I get its #18 ranking. :(
- Bummer I wished "Flashlight" was higher. Loved this but again this was such a stacked group of dances, so I can get it showing up here.

Yay results!!

#20 - Jack's solo - lol at me being 2nd highest ranker of it. :dead:  It was definitely one of the most memorable solos of the season.
#19 - "Crazy in Love" - meh, this was okay

#18 - "Bleeding Love" - this ranking is unacceptable. As well as the fact that "Yesterday" has not made the top 20. Kassy and Graeme were amazing together.

HydX.gif

#17 - "Flashlight" - I actually preferred "Ghost in the Machine" to this but yeah. Not a fan of Nacho Pop in general, so I am fine with this placement.