American Idol Season 20 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

26 minutes ago, holinessss said:

is it just me or are there a buncha people for showcase this season? 

I looked at last year’s threads. The last round of HW was called Showstopper (not Showcase) round and there were 64 singers. However only 41 were moved up to the Green Mile, and the T24 were chosen from that group. 

So 23 singers were cut off camera, 1 withdrew and 16 were cut on camera.

Edited by AngelaKD

40 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

I looked at last year’s threads. The last round of HW was called Showstopper (not Showcase) round and there were 64 singers. However only 41 were moved up to the Green Mile, and the T24 were chosen from that group. 

I think I didn't realize that the Showstopper Episode after round 3 of Hollywood Week last season was Green Mile. That's why I thought it was going to be all of the 64 contestants. Not just the 41 for Green Mile. But you explained it perfectly. 23 Singers were cut off camera.

3 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

I never got what the green mile was. Did they not air the showcase round or “green mile” or was the green mile just the 40 people they were considering for the top 24?

20 minutes ago, Discovolcano said:

I never got what the green mile was. Did they not air the showcase round or “green mile” or was the green mile just the 40 people they were considering for the top 24?

They showed snippets of the showstopper performances as part of the decision-making process, but only for the 40 they were still considering. 

in previous seasons they have separated the two and showed longer showcase clips, but of fewer singers.

I think the main reason for last year’s format was because there was no audience and showing fuller performances would look awkward.

Edited by AngelaKD

Just now, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

I guess we need to look at these contestants once again to figure it out lol. I don’t think the other person is going to say who it is or give a clue so.

Yeah, they got their 15 minutes of fame and vanished. I did a brief check of all the accounts and couldn’t find anything noteworthy.