Drag Race Down Under

*Chris

Watched the first episode, I thought Art Simone should have won the first challenge, but I also really liked Karen from Finance.  Her name is one of the best things ive ever heard.  

Me seeing RuPaul have no problem sending home a production favourite in episode two of Australia while always dragging the production favourites kicking & screaming into the finale on the US show:

Im Confused Drag Race GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Quick thoughts : The snatch game wasn't that good, these queens are delusional.   I actually enjoyed Art but her attitude & cockiness is not it so I don't mind her leaving now.  I thought the judges were actually harsh on some of the queens - where was this energy for Kandy Muse?  However, these queens are bringing it in the look department. 

And disappointed that we did not get a Dannii Minogue or Kylie Minogue lipsync. 

Oh, Etcetera Etcetera is my favourite so far - their snatch game was something but that look, I was here for it!  But there's other queens that I am intrigued by, 

Sad to see Art go, I really enjoyed her last week and her runways but her Bindi Irwin was rough (it’s wild to me that two people were wanting Bindi as a Snatch Game character) and Coco did bring it a little more in the lip sync. Also the “that means nothing.” moment post-elimination? Stunning!

Anita is probably my favorite so far, hands down won the Snatch Game. I thought she was gonna be a little too OTT for my liking but I’ve found myself enjoying her.

Every season should include a Moira Rose SG from now on btw. It was weird how in the critiques they seemed to totally not get that was Elektra’s route and then in the further deliberations suddenly they were praising it.

1. Anita

2. Etc

3. Coco

4. Art

5. Elektra

6. Maxi

7. Kita

8. Karen

9. Scarlet

Would be my rankings I guess? It’s..a weird season so far. I know the circumstances didn’t necessarily allow for a Kylie/Dannii guest judging moment to be easy but also I’m offended that’s all we got for them. Honestly, bring Kylie over to Drag Race UK, she’s an honourable British icon too!

I enjoy Rhys on the panel though, I didn’t know him but it’s a relief to have him there. :dead: 

Edited by *Lily

16 minutes ago, *Lily said:

It was weird how in the critiques they seemed to totally not get that was Elektra’s route and then in the further deliberations suddenly they were praising it.

I'm convinced a PA showed them a "Best of Moira Rose" between the critiques and deliberations.

• Haha 1

On 5/9/2021 at 5:46 PM, Elliott said:

...The episode three lip sync song is supposedly a Danni Minogue song.

Im Confused Drag Race GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

I was hoping for "I Begin To Wonder" actually. ❤️ 

I thought Elektras Catherine was hilarious, judges must not know Schitts Creek.  I loved Art week 1, and her runway this week slayed.  But that Snatch game yikes.  Anita was hilarious in the snatch and a worthy winner.

1.  Karen

2. Anita

3. Elektra

4. Art

5. Scarlet

6. Etcetera

7. Kita

8. Coco

9. Maxi

Sad Art is out, so much potential!