How to center an embedded youtube video?

Rate this topic

I know I can center stuff like this, but whenever I whenever I put a youtube link

[for instance there is a youtube video i want to have embed and be here]

It will always go to the left

like this:

and it goes to the left

On 1/21/2020 at 10:25 PM, Tom said:

Doesn't appear to be a way to do it without changing the CSS which would then center all videos and I don't think that's ideal. Maybe in the next version of Invision it'll become an option.

Going off of this post, I don’t think it’s possible. :unsure: I’ve been trying to center videos in fan threads, but unfortunately I have had no luck.

Just now, Bk1234 said:

Going off of this post, I don’t think it’s possible. :unsure: I’ve been trying to center videos in fan threads, but unfortunately I have had no luck.

But on season1 voice fan threads, there are YT vids on the center of the OP, like how on Savanna Ws thread her audition is centered. Do you have knowledge of this @season1? 🙂

27 minutes ago, David68 said:

But on season1 voice fan threads, there are YT vids on the center of the OP, like how on Savanna Ws thread her audition is centered. Do you have knowledge of this @season1? 🙂

Oh right, I think they do some copy/paste method. I’ll let them explain, since they’re the expert. 🙂

21 hours ago, David68 said:

I've been copying and pasting old fan threads (created before the server switch in 2019) that somehow retained the centered format including videos. I use fan threads with fewer contents then replace the contents including videos. I'll see if I can post a generic OP as template below.

EDIT:

I posted below a copy of my fan thread OP - Cam Anthony thread with most info removed. You may be able to copy and paste then replace the post by quoting it. Add your video above the [video] marker then remove the marker or leave them in place for additional videos later.

Edited by season1

[banner]

[Contestant Name] Fan Thread

[photo]
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

[video]

[bio]

Studio Versions

[video/image]

Performances

Blind Audition | Battle Round

[video]

[video]

Fans:

1. me

2.you

[photo]

[photo]

Original Music

[video] 

[video]

[trivia image]

Covers

[video]

[video] 

[Additional Info - Centered]

[video]

[video]

---

Edited by season1
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

...but it works? :spaz:

when I first posted it, it all jumped the the left when I hit submit reply, then edited it with the center button

anyway try it for yourself :peace:

16 hours ago, istersay said:

how GIF

:lmao: I just copied and pasted part of season1's post and then pasted my video link in place of the text. I was really scared it was going to left align again somehow but it didn't. It looks like you got it above in the spoiler tags! 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, miss denise said:

:lmao: I just copied and pasted part of season1's post and then pasted my video link in place of the text. I was really scared it was going to left align again somehow but it didn't. It looks like you got it above in the spoiler tags! 

that's what I did too, well at least we know how now :rofl:

• 1 month later...