American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

CHOICE 2:

"Crazy" by Natalie Burge (Patsy Cline)

I actually liked this performance from Natalie. Unfortunately, she was in the same group as Tamyra Gray and Ryan Starr. Jim Verraros had the sob story to back him and I felt people voted for him to spite Simon. The way Natalie talked back to Simon saying "I can't have appreciation for older music?" SHADE. :dead: Idol was so real back then.

• Like 1

CHOICE #3:

"New Attitude" by Tamyra Gray (Patti LaBelle)

If you thought I was going to let a Tamyra Gray performance be in the Bottom 15 performance then "You Thought Wrong" by Kelly Clarkson (feat. Tamyra Gray). We all know she messed up and it was her worst performance but Tamyra's worst was better than some others best. 😘 If you don't know the story behind the song choice she was supposed to sing "Kiss" by Prince but Prince reneged on allowing the song to be performed.

• Like 3

PENULTIMATE CHOICE:

"The Look Of Love" by Justin Guarini (Dusty Springfield)

Look, none of song choices left deserved to be moved on to the penultimate round but I have to make a choice and after re-listening to the performance this is the best of a bad bunch. I feel like Justin gets a lot of unwarranted hate so moving on another performance of his is needed. 🙂

Speaking of New Attitude, apparently Tamyra figured out that she was getting eliminated when a representative from the label came by the day of the results show and only had a copy of Kelly, Justin and Nikki’s CDs. :dead:

Shangela as Mariah Carey voice: Someone’s getting fired.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Speaking of New Attitude, apparently Tamyra figured out that she was getting eliminated when a representative from the label came by the day of the results show and only had a copy of Kelly, Justin and Nikki’s CDs. :dead:

OMG, that’s terrible! :no:

Just now, Bk1234 said:

OMG, that’s terrible! :no:

N*gel has a podcast about his years as the producer of Idol and Nikki was the guest for S1’s Top 3 episode (which was recorded not too long before her passing :(and that’s where she relayed the story. It’s why Tamyra was so calm the entire results show because she’d had hours to process it already. A mess!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Elliott said:

N*gel has a podcast about his years as the producer of Idol and Nikki was the guest for S1’s Top 3 episode (which was recorded not too long before her passing :(and that’s where she relayed the story. It’s why Tamyra was so calm the entire results show because she’d had hours to process it already. A mess!

That’s true, Tamyra was quite calm throughout the entire episode. 

3 hours ago, Elliott said:

Shangela as Mariah Carey voice: Someone’s getting fired.

3 hours ago, Elliott said:

Ooh goodness I did not hear about this. WTH.... How are they sooo careless and uncautious like that? :wacko: :dead: 

16 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Hoping to see PYT get moved on. 

LOL  well If "You Really Got Me" and "New Attitude" are advanced through, might as well with "P.Y.T." too. :dead: