New favorite songs that you discovered on The Voice

Misirlou

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

He would have likely made it on any team. He was a pretty good vocalist. But no, he is not an IDF's fav. Mostly because he honestly lacks emotion, and he often tried to chew more than he could bite (Yeah, his Semifinal performance was rough).

But coming back on topic, "Anyway" by Martina Mcbride is another song that the show made me love.

I mean this as respectfully as possible because you’re a fellow non-native English speaker but the expression is “bite off more than one can chew”. Jsyk.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"That's The Way It Is" by Celine Dion. I haven't heard of that song before but once I listened to it, I could feel the beautiful lyrics and messages throughout the performance. While this is not a type of diva performance, Celine still slayed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After wearing out Lila’s version of it, I went over to Bonnie Raitt’s cover of “Angel From Montgomery” (which I had not previously heard) and damn, it has to be one of the most gorgeously sad and wistful songs I’ve ever heard. A middle-aged woman who longs to escape from a dead-end relationship.

In contrast, Lila’s version makes it sound like a celebration of finally being able to escape. Honestly, it works in its own way. It definitely helps that some of the more bitter verses were omitted.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

i knew of brandy's existence before the show but i didnt start listening to her music until i saw her as johns battle mentor and now im obsessed lol

For this season.

Nobody's supposed to be here and Escapism.

Have had Stephanie Ferret's version of NSTBH on replay, and Raye's debut album is pretty good.

Edited by Hsamid

2 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Nobody's supposed to be here and Escapism.

SAME. Both of those songs have entered my rotation. I can’t believe I missed Escapism. last year. Excellent song.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...