Favorite Country performances

Hamza Tufail

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

Not familiar with Isbell in general but this one is great. Found this by accident after listening to Jake’s Cover Me Up.

The YT algorithm redeemed itself.   😄

11 hours ago, SNI2 said:

Disclaimer: This is not the order of my favorites, just the order in which they came to mind. 

1. Jake Hoot - Cover me up (Jason Isbell)

I know I'm very biased when it comes to Jason Isbell, but Hoot really gave a hell of a performance. Also, some of his song choices were amazing. "Always on my mind" suring the battles... Amazed by Lonestar in the finale. He even performed Reba, which was a plus. Kelly has an amazing taste for country. Just saying. 

2. Like a Cowboy - Dexter Roberts. 

From all the season 16 country guys, he was the only one I could actually stand. And his blind was very powerful, compared to the rest of the country guys. 

3. Coal miner's daughter - Hannah Kay. 

There were some problems with her performance, of course. But this song is such a Leviathan and I think a lot of country singers should remember Loretta Lynn, once in a while. Also, the way she shut up Adam was marvelous. It was a shame she had to sing Dan & Shay with a random country guy during the battles and lost, in such a heavy season for the genre. 

4. Chevel Shepherd - Little White Church.

It was the cutest/funniest/sweetest/country thing EVER to witness that tiny fairy belting "no more calling me baby/No more loving like crazy/Till you take me down (take me down) to the little white church/ I ain't gonna have your baby". And she did it with such power and confidence. Hats off, I'd never be able to pull off those lyrics.  

5. God's Country - Rose Short

This song now belongs to Rose Short. Bye.  

Ps: while writing this, Youtube recommended me Gyth's patriotic song and I feel insulted by the algorithm. 

Never listened to #3 but 100% agree with the rest of your list! Jake killed it with this performance (and T8 imo), Chevel slayed on this upbeat song and still stayed frontrunner, Rose claimed that song (Blake Shelton who?), and Dexter gave a heck of a performance! I really liked all of these 🙂 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Blind Auditions:

Justin Kilgore - Tomorrow

Cody Wickline - He Stopped Loving Her Today

Adam Wakefield - Tennessee Whiskey

Sundance Head - I’ve Been Loving You For Too Long

all blinds of Angel from Montgomery

Dexter Roberts - Like a Cowboy

Dave Fenley - Help Me Hold On

Lauren Duski - You Were Meant For Me

Molly Stevens - Heavenly Day

I’m sure there are others I forgot about 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Morgan Myles - Girl Crush

Morgan Myles - Tennessee Whiskey

Morgan Myles - Always Remember Us This Way

Morgan Myles - If I Were A Boy (Reba McEntire version)

Morgan Myles - Let Him Fly

Forgotten: Mandi Thomas's 20-second showing of My Church

Edited by Ottoxxx
  • Like 3