Dancing with the Stars Rankdown 4.0 (Winner reveal page 201)

Solaris

Cody Simpson

Who Does Cody Simpson Think Will Win Dancing With the Stars?

Cody Simpson is some sort of music artist I think? Okay, he's from Australia and swims. Seems a bit random, but good for him. Oh, it looks like he dated some famous people. So he's a socialite. He was on Season 18 of DWTS and was paired with Witney. He was Witney's very first partner as a pro! Yay. His first dance got an 8 from Bruno. Lol Bruno never gave him lower than an 8. He got a lot of decent scores, but still only managed to place 9th out of 12. However, this was the Season with Meryl, so he was never the highest scoring person of the week and was obviously completely eclipsed in terms of popularity and buzz by the rest of the cast. Even Carrie Ann pulling out 9s was not enough to keep them safe. I remember being excited that Witney had a real partner, but underwhelmed with Cody. But really they should have outlasted Nene and Drew and Candace

Save Maria

Josh Norman

r372332_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=570&format=j

Hmm...your typical overhyped football player partnered with Sharna who robbed Queen Mirai Nagasu of a spot in the finale? A very easy cut to make TBH. He was also the latest in their "Sharna needs a win!" storyline which was getting old by this point. Look, I like some football players but the fawning over them by the judges and the viewers for showing up and not being outright terrible dancers gets old after a while. Some of the praise is deserved (see: Emmitt Smith), some not so much. Josh is okay. His best dances are his Contemporary (why did they allow Jazztemporary on a 4-week season? LOL) and his Freestyle.  His week 1 Cha-Cha was good. Okay, yes. But not better than Mirai's dance the same night and it scored higher because the bar isn't set very high for football players to do well in the eyes of the judges.  Week 2, he danced your typical ~dramatic~ Paso Doble that the football players always do. he was also a part of the bizarre Team 1950's Freestyle that was set to that weird and awful cover of a Britney Spears song. :dead: He danced a Contemporary in week 3 which scored 36 points and I have to say, I'm surprised that the judges restrained themselves from handing out 10's for him because I really thought they would. His Foxtrot in the finale scored a 27 while his Freestyle scored a 30. And then he lost to the obvious winner Adam Rippon. Look, Josh is fine and all but just not very exciting after you've seen 1000 football players on this show who make it far just for their profession alone.  Also, this cut means that the last two Sharna partners remaining are Charlie and Hinch and they're the only two good Sharna partners so yay for that.

SAVING: Aaron Carter, I guess

Amanda completely ignoring the riggery of Josh’s dance off with Chris Mazdzer where David Ross was somehow qualified to be a judge and the producers made him change his pick up Josh, yes I’m still pressed!

• Like 1

Oooh yeah I completely agree with Amanda regarding the fact that it was unnecessary having Jazztemporary routines in a 4 week season. It was definitely frustrating how Adam had both of those styles too. I don't blame that on Josh or Adam - but on the producers for that.

6 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Not to be a broken record, but Jazz/Contemporary should only be allowed for freestyle rounds. I've already died and been buried on that hill, RIP me

Lol I can't disagree with you on that. :lmao: 

OIP.FfSUc_8Mbl3YmC0xgvIoWAHaKd?pid=Api&r

Chuck Wicks

I am cutting Chuck because 1) I know who DeMarcus Ware is and 2) Chuck sounded like a cowboy name and so I assumed he was either associated with bulls or country music! But even before I googled him I was like "Wait, I think this man had the bad taste to date Julianne Hough (bisexual) (also somebody who didn't realize blackface was inappropriate in the year of our lord 2013)." And LO AND BEHOLD I WAS RIGHT. I knew that Chuck Wicks was Julianne's ex before I knew that he was a country singer. I sometimes pretend to know country music but I certainly do not know like any men aside from Sam "Body Like a Back Road" Last Name and like that one man married to that one woman. Not Garth Brooks. But you know who I am talking about. And I have certainly NEVER heard of Chuck Wicks or any of his music. I am not going to listen but I imagine he sounds like. Trace Adtkins. Is that a country singer? I am probably spelling his name wrong. Oh, I also know Mr. Nicole Kidman and Mr. Ex-Renee. Who are two different men.

Anyway, Chuck was on Season 8 of Dancing with the Stars and was Julianne's last partner. She was only on for five seasons, and yet, it feels like she was on for an eternity. Probably because she later judged. SMH. They placed 6th. He danced a variety of dances considering that he was on until week 8 but I choose to watch NONE of them. In a season with Melissa Rycroft, Gilles Marini, and Shawn Johnson he has none of the highest scores in any genre of dance. But he also has none of the lowest scores either. The word for that is average. Or if you are being harsh, mediocre. But truly it all boils down to a singular forgettable.

Nobody knows who Chuck Wicks is.

59 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Not to be a broken record, but Jazz/Contemporary should only be allowed for freestyle rounds. I've already died and been buried on that hill, RIP me

I don’t mind them in the final few weeks when the celebs should be doing two routines, but when they start mixing it in the second or third week is too much. 

2 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Aww I was hoping for Chuck to get saved (though it's a fine cut) but DeMarcus continuing getting saved and making it through when Elliott is wondering why is fun to see. :giggle:  

I’m too focused on Aaron Carter being continuously saved because wtf y’all 😐