Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

On 3/4/2021 at 5:19 PM, Solaris said:

Gastly

Aerokinetic Shapeshifting | Superpower Wiki | Fandom

Gastly is the OG ghost pokemon.  He is a poison and ghost type pokemon.  I was avoiding cutting this line as I figured Dee would come back eventually, but the further in we get the less I see him coming back.  At least he still has haunter and Gengar in the game!  Gastly can be caught in Lavender town when you have the silph scope (?), I don't remember its exact name. I always caught one,  but I never used it, because Ghost type pokemon were bad in Gen 1.  a psychic type (which is was supposed to be used against), was also strong against it.  So like, sorry Sabrina would consistently own a Gastly I brought into battle. 

Save: Kubfu

On 3/5/2021 at 5:16 PM, totes4totes said:

Skarmory

Will come up with a gif of Skarmory after I get my samples spun down!

Skarmory was cool until Corviknight came and replaced it. Now it has to settle for being the original but less cool steel bird. I was never a huge fan of Skarmory because really aside from Lapras I am the cumbersome hashtag #TeamPokemonThatCanEvolveorHaveEvolved and Skarmory does neither. It seems like one of those Pokemon that's ripe for a Mega Evolution but it doesn't have one of those either! That kind of leaves Skarmory in a desert all its own. Since it doesn't evolve and you can get it pretty early it does have good stats for early to mid-game but its absurd defense doesn't really make for how mediocre everything else is especially with a special defense of 70 and its only weaknesses being electric and fire which feel very "special attack" oriented. It's abilities are so so. Unfortunately for Skarmory it's just been supplanted by the much more well-rounded Corviknight.

Saving Honedge (doing that favor for Nico that he's never asked for)

On 3/5/2021 at 5:20 PM, Solaris said:

Lillipup

Lillipup | Legends of the Multi Universe Wiki | Fandom

This pokemon is adorable, but HOW did it get this far in the rankdown?  Its one of those generic normal pokemon that is thrown in your first route of the game just give you a pokemon on your team.  Its got nothing to it!  It has bad stats for a baby pokemon, a bad move set, and the only thing it has going for it is the normal typing, which makes it only weak to fighting.  Anyway Lillipup is a Gen 5 pokemon and it evolves into Herdier at level 16 and into Stouland at 32.  I know I oofed at the Gen 5 stats when Rei posted them earlier, but there is still fodder amongst their ranks.  It really was not a great generation for new pokemon.  Stoutland is still in.... so Good-bye!

Save: Kubfu

Welcome!

pics needed for these!

Alolan Exeggutor
e197e5911426358d95e5946ed4f76cfa.png

Considering that Alolan regional forms vary from being Ninetales good to Persian bad, Exeggutor is firmly in the middle. It's kinda funny looking, and lowkey was the face of the Alolan variants (even tho there were better). But yeah, don't care a whole lot about it (I easily care more about the OG Exeggutor bc it was one of the few Grass types I ever used in RBY and didn't wanna throw the game away in a fit of rage while trying). It's a Grass/Dragon type, which has zero synergies since you end up with 6 weaknesses (one of the 4x) and only 4 resistances (you are slightly better off with OG since it's a 6-6 ratio). Stats wise it's pretty similar to the original, with a lot of Sp. Attack, passable defenses and HP (which it needs with 6 damn weaknesses) and pretty slow. The other thing that makes the dragon typing kinda meh for it is that it doesn't learn that many moves from the type, so you don't get that much STAB benefit from it. So yeah, fine with this leaving.

Save: Grapploct

Toxel

180px-Toxel_espalda_G8_variocolor.gif

(:giggle: It’s so sad that it was cut, so it doesn’t want to look at us. 🙃

I had dreams of being the one to cut Toxtricity since the very beginning of this rankdown. However, my thoughts have changed on this line and I have begun to appreciate it more (not as much as I like Ralts though. :P) Toxel is pretty cute I guess. I don’t really remember it’s face too clearly, but it won’t show it’s face so that’s a lost cause. I don’t remember being too fond of its face though. It has a cute little tail though, which is shown off perfectly in this GIF. It’s shiny has a pretty ugly color scheme, but whatever, it’s worth the hunt. I would have probably cut Grapploct if I had gotten to my decision earlier, so Grapploct fans lucked out and Toxel fans didn’t. 

Save: Ralts (who is WAY better)

On 10/16/2020 at 10:01 AM, .Rei said:

Top 10 Mythical Pokemon

LoxHmht.png

Top 10 Ground Pokemon

342hkks.png

Top 10 Poison Pokemon

JbBDwtF.png

Top 10 Rock Pokemon

gVoIvPn.png

Top 10 Steel Pokemon

UWn97ff.png

Rei blessing all of us with high quality rankdown graphics

• Like 1

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Cycle 11 Posted (Megan's Noms)
12 hours ago, totes4totes said:

Need an extension to 5pm my time tomorrow. Probably.

I apparently used all my Wifi to watch RuPaul’s Drag Race. And also I have to finish my drive tomorrow. Then I have to like hang out with my parents. Then I’ll have a break. 

Good luck with everything! :hug: