Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

On 11/22/2020 at 5:47 PM, 1234567890 said:

I am so sorry. I ended up going to the hospital last night with a 103 fever. I am back home now and will make my decisions.

sorry to hear that 😢

hope you're feeling better! 😔

u

Edited by .Rei
  • Like 1

Bergmite

Spr_6x_712.png

I solely based these decisions on the cuteness factor and Bergmite fail short in that regard in comparison to the other Pokémon left. Bergmite is known as the Ice Chunk Pokémon. It just looks like a chunk of ice. :dead: Bergmite is an Ice-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VI. It evolves into Avalugg starting at level 37 which has a much cooler design. It resembles an ice table. :haha: Much better than just a simple chunk of ice. Bergmite is described as quadrupedal Pokémon with a white round body and nubby legs. Its upper half is encased in a slightly transparent pale blue chunk of ice. It has yellow eyes. I don't think it's a huge loss.

Dottler

96px-825Dottler.png

This cut was also based on the cuteness factor and like Bergmite it fell short in that regard in comparison to Patrat and Skwovet. Dottler is known as the Radome Pokémon whatever that is supposed to mean. Dottler is a dual-type Bug/Psychic Pokémon introduced in Generation VIII. It evolves from Blipbug starting at level 10 and evolves into Orbeetle starting at level 30. Dottler being from Generation VII also hurts it because I have the least attachment to that Gen because it's the most new and I haven't had the time to play Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield. Dottler has an orange blob-like body, though most of it is covered by its geometric shaped shell with only its face and underside visible. It has cyan beady crystalline eyes. Sorry to Dottler.

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Cycle 2 Posted (Nico's noms next)

Noms:

Gen IV
Grotle
Torterra
Kricketot
Mothim
Pachirisu
Chingling
Snover
Leafeon

Gen V
Pidove
Unfezant
Purrloin
Minccino
Emolga
Druddigon
Fraxure
Haxorus

Gen VII
Drampa
Bruxish
Oranguru
Passimian
Wishiwashi
Oricorio
Dartrix
Yungoos

Gen VIII
Nickit
Thievul
Applin
Flapple
Appletun
Milcery
Duraludon
Snom

Oranguru

Birdie's Pokemon Review Thread |Alolan Edition| - 809 And Counting |  ResetEra

Saving the squirrels, cutting the dumb primates. Oranguru gets lowest because it's a dual psychic/normal type. Can I just say that NORMAL SHOULD NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER TYPE. Otherwise how is it normal??? Yes, I'm including dual flying/normal types but y'all probably aren't ready for that conversation. But then they don't even make Passimian a dual type??? I don't understand. Oranguru doesn't evolve. Zzzzz

Passimian

Passimian | Smogon Forums

No idea what is going on in that gif. What was I saying? Oh yeah, these primates are dumb. Passimian is not a dual normal type like Oranguru. So that is a bonus. But dual normal/fighting types exist in Pokemon, so it's not like they were trying to avoid it so I don't really understand why Passimian wouldn't be that too. Maybe they stuck normal on Oranguru so that it wouldn't have such a big type advantage over Passimian? Whatever, they are gone now. Wiki trivia says "Despite not being associated with a certain group, both Passimian and Oranguru are listed in the same Pokédex page in Pokémon Sun and Moon and Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. The same trait is true with Tauros and Miltank." Then give them a common pre-evo or something. 

Save Pachirisu and Emolga

Edited by FrogLenzen

Unfezant

Top 20 Unfezant GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Well I already cut Tranquill, might as well cut the even uglier evolution Unfezant.  Unfezant looks different depending on its Gender.  The male looks like the female except they get a red  plume-like thing around their eyes.  Unfezant is the pidgeot of the Unova region, except its not nearly as attractive.  Half the pokemon I use are because they are either cool, cute or effing strong.  Unfezant is none of those things.

Save: Leafeon

Minccino

minccino | Tumblr

Another gen 5 pokemon.  Minccino is a normal type pokemon, and its cute.  Too bad it has terrible stats.  It evolves Cinccino when exposed to a shiny stone.  Cinccino is also adorable, but has less crappy stats.  I can see why people use it as its adorable.  However its not a great pokemon.  Normal typing gives it a fair bit of neutrality.  Its only weak to fighting types.  Minccino gets the moves you would expect it to: cute moves like baby-doll eyes and charm, and some basic normal type attacks like slam, tackle, helping hand and the normal voice line attacks.  I don't know if this was a fan favorite, if it was sorry but at least Cinccino is in for you.

Save: Flapple

BRUXISH

WeeOrderlyHousefly-size_restricted.gif

Bruxish is a dual Water and Psychic type introduced in Generation VII. It is the only Psychic Pokémon with a piscine form too. Classified as the Gnash Teeth Pokémon, Bruxish will give off the sound of grinding teeth when the appendage on its head radiates psychic power. The sound causes nearby Pokémon to flee. As a result, lifeguards in the Alola region will use Bruxish to prevent more dangerous Pokémon gathering in the area. The design of Bruxish seems to be inspired by the Hawaiian reef triggerfish. Anyway, Bruxish has a high Attack stat and a good Speed stat too. This could be a decent Pokémon with the use of Swords Dance and Psychic Fangs, but I never used one in battle before. It's another one of those Pokémon I caught just for the Pokédex entry. So, out it goes from the rankdown.

Saving Drampa.

1492656293601.gif

259e91fa21e7a149b0b490a0717968ae4453c1df

Snover

I'm pretty sure Snover and its evolution Abomasnow hold the record for most weaknesses in a Pokemon. Well actually any grass/psychic and grass/dark also have 7 weaknesses but Snover is amongst the worst of them. Ice has long been one of the weakest types defensively and pairing it with grass which has so many common weaknesses (bug, poison, and flying) makes Snover not very useful. Also in the year 2020 its design reminds me of the Christmas that I won't be spending with my family and instead spending alone in my apartment with my cat. 

Saving: MEME KING SNOM

tenor.gif?itemid=15740428

• Like 1

KRICKETOT

671e4501ef299d6e647b48962541fbc22415f956

Classified as the Cricket Pokémon, Kricketot is a Bug type introduced in Generation IV. When it reaches level 10, it will evolve into Kricketune. Kricketot actually evolves at the lowest level of a two-stage evolutionary line Pokémon. Kricketot's design resembles a musician - maybe a conductor or an orchestra member. Female Kricetot have bigger collars than the males too. This musical theme is likely due to the fact that real life crickets will chirp songs to attract females. According to Kricketot's Pokédex entry, it sounds like the music of a xylophone when its antennae hit each other. Anyway, Kricketot is a Bug Pokémon that won't have longevity on any teams, especially due to how quickly it evolves. Therefore, I think it's fair to eliminate Kricketot this early in the rankdown too.

Saving Druddigon.

tumblr_mphm5yxMLR1su824mo1_500.gif

WellwornTintedHammerheadbird-max-14mb.gi

Pidove

Like there's always a quick evolving bug. There's always a quick evolving bird. And then you trash them because they aren't useful anymore. I like that Pidove is based on the garbage bird that is the pigeon since Gen V is based on the US (specifically NYC) but that doesn't mean that I am keeping Pidove out of any sort of sentimentality since I have NONE. Trash bird. Time for it to GO. Boring bird. Goodbye.

Saving: My boy Appletun

09c.gif

• Like 1

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Cycle 2 Posted (Nico's noms posted)