Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round)

FrogLenzen

FINAL STANDINGS PART FOUR: AALIYAH

5. ONE IN A MILLION

YEAR OF RELEASE: 1996

ALBUM: ONE IN A MILLION

PRODUCERS: TIMBALAND

SONGWRITERS: MISSY ELLIOTT + TIMBALAND

Aaliyah_-_One_in_a_Million_single.jpg

SONG INFORMATION:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_in_a_Million_(Aaliyah_song)

MUSIC VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKSz4NE6PwY 

SINGLES CHARTS + CERTIFICATION INFORMATION:

US Billboard Dance Club Songs: #59

US Billboard Radio Songs: #25

US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay: #1

US Billboard Rhythmic: #2

US Billboard Top R&B Airplay Year-End Charts (1997): #10

US Billboard Rhythmic Year-End Charts (1997): #13

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 2

Diana: 1
Derek: 7

Nico: 11

Crisis: 13
Lily: 11

Wally: 6

Victoria: 4

Priscilla: 5

Dee: 3

Elliott: 14

FINAL AVERAGE = 7.00

COMMENTS:

The first thirty seconds of this song are hugely responsible for my love of music.

On 11/16/2021 at 2:37 PM, *Lily said:

One of Aaliyah's signature songs and rightfully so. Something I never gave a lot of thought until really reading more about One in a Million is the use of crickets and nighttime sounds in the production. It adds to the moments of mystery and sultriness in Aaliyah's new era. On top of that, she serves us so many iconic looks and moments just in this one video. It's 90s R&B at its finest and one of the many pinnacles of Aaliyah's career.

On 11/16/2021 at 6:46 PM, *Wallace said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76116e549cbc7f6c0427ca

"One in a Million" is a CLASSIC, and needed to be in the finals. So thank you to Diana for advancing this. ❤️ This is such a smooth, chill track that Aaliyah delivers so flawlessly. I love her style, swag in how she sells the song, but her vocals are so smooth and stunning. I love the hard hitting beats mixed in with her vocals.  From the first verse, I love the part where she sings:

See no one else love me like you do.
That's why I don't mind to spend my life with you.

But then that chorus is a classic and so catchy, and I love that part too!

Your love is a one in a million
It goes on and on and on
You give me a really good feeling all day long.
Your love is a one in a million
It goes on and on and on
You give me a really good feeling all day long.

:bobo: 

From the second verse, I love even more parts where she sings:

Personality in everything you do
Makes me love everything 'bout you.
Your smile your style is so fly I can't deny
I got a crush on you and that's true indeed.
And I'm digging you you make me believe

:wub:

I love those sweet falsetto and ad-libs vocals she does at the end of the second chorus going into the bridge. She sounds sooo pretty on the bridge! ❤️ I also love all of her different looks in the video, and all of her dancing she does where she's in her all white outfit with that other male dancer.

4. WE NEED A RESOLUTION

FEATURING: TIMBALAND

YEAR OF RELEASE: 2001

ALBUM: AALIYAH

SONGWRITERS: TIMBALAND + STATIC MAJOR

Aaliyah_-_We_Need_a_Resolution.png

SONG INFORMATION:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Need_a_Resolution

MUSIC VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78YDlgZfPus 

US Billboard Hot 100: #59

US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs: #15

US Billboard Rhythmic: #38

US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs Year-End Charts (2003): #68

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 5

Diana: 22
Derek: 1

Nico: 5

Crisis: 1
Lily: 3

Wally: 9

Victoria: 12

Priscilla: 10

Dee: 4

Elliott: 4

FINAL AVERAGE = 6.91

COMMENTS:

Aaliyah and Timbaland were ahead of their times with this song. All-around. Every aspect of this track - the music video, the beat, etc. - is pure perfection. 

Some of my favorite ever sampling in a song comes in We Need a Resolution. Timbaland taking parts of a song from a score of an old thriller film, I believe? and transforming that into this seductive R&B track always blows my mind. There is no better way to open the self-titled album than with We Need a Resolution for me, it is a showstopping beginning to what is to come.

I noted this when I advanced it also but this is my favorite video of Aaliyah's. The intensity of that opening shot, the futuristic vibes, and of course, the snake? It all just comes together so perfectly and combined with this really exciting introduction to her newest sound. Adore this song and was thrilled to advance it.

tumblr_lqidsfaIy51qf810bo1_500.gifv
Phew, Aaliyah came out hard with her 3rd album, huh? I mean we all know that but that has to be said. "We Need a Resolution" was the first single of that long awaited album, and it was well worth the wait. THis is another hot jam collabo from Aaliyah & Timbaland, and in my eyes they can do no wrong. I love the beat Timbo provides here, as I always do. But oooo I LOVE his "I'm tired of arguin' girl." That always cracks me up but I love singing along to that. :dead: Then I love the little beat sound effect at the end of his part before Aaliyah sings.

Now Miss Aaliyah in this song and video! As always, I love her vocals and how she sings the song. Such smooth and cool vocals here. ❤️ But Aaliyah looked sooo smokin' hot, gorgeous and sexy in this video. Her in that silky black top and dress..... :omg: It did things to me. I just love how she was embracing herself as a mature young woman and embracing her sexier side! Okay, but onto her singing.... love it! I love how she sings the first verse, especially the parts where she sings:

Did you sleep on the wrong side?

And it's contagious, What's the latest?
Speak your heart, Don't bite your tongue
Don't get it twisted, Don't misuse it
What's your problem?
Lets resolve it
We can solve it, What's the causes?
It's official, You got issues
I got issues, but I know I miss you

SO good! :wub: OK I love how she sings that whole first verse. But then I love how she sings the whole chorus too. 

Am I supposed to change? Are you supposed to change?
Who should be hurt? Who should be blamed?
Who should be hurt? Who should be ashamed?
Who should be hurt? Will we remain?
You need a resolution, I need a resolution,
We need a resolution, We have so much confusion.

From the second verse, I love the parts where she sings:

I fell asleep on the couch, I thought we were going out

If you had let me know, I wouldn't have put on my clothes

Or what was in my head? Am I supposed to change?

Wow Aaliyah with those snakes. That's so scary and risky, but she looks hot and makes it look effortless. 😮 Then on the second verse, I love all of the falsetto notes she showcases where she sings:

Who should be hurt? Who should be blamed?

Who should be hurt? Who should be ashamed?

Who should be hurt? And will we remain?

So beautiful! :wub: But after that, I absolutely love the breakdown part in the bridge where Timbaland does his verse. I love his "GIRL HOLLA!" But some of my favorite standout parts from Timbaland includes:

Girl holla!!
You give me bits and pieces
You tryna blame me when I don't even know the reason

Now tell me what's the reason? Snoop video? Looks are deceiving
So, cut the crying, Cut the coughing, Cut the weazing, Girl
Quit the blaming, Cut the naming, Cut the sleeping, Girl

So, what's it gonna be? Freaky, freaky... Me and you?

I'm tired of these things, I'm tired of these scars
I think I'm gonna get me a drink, I'll call you tomorrow

I love all of the choreography and dancing that Aaliyah SLAYS from Timbo's verse til the end of the video! :bobo:

wnar-we-need-a-resolution.gif

Of course when I was younger and always watch this music video, I would try to learn the choreography and dance the video. But of course y'all won't see it. But she makes the dancing look so full of style and effortless.

3. MORE THAN A WOMAN

YEAR OF RELEASE: 2001

ALBUM: AALIYAH

Aaliyah_-_More_Than_a_Woman.png

SONG INFORMATION:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/More_Than_a_Woman_(Aaliyah_song)

MUSIC VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgYUj_pAD-w 

US Billboard Hot 100: #25

US Billboard Hot Dance Singles Sales: #11

US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs: #7

US Billboard Mainstream Top 40: #19

US Billboard Rhythmic: #12

US Billboard Hot 100 Year-End Charts (2002): #58

US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs Year-End Charts (2002): #33

US Billboard Mainstream Top 40 Year-End Charts (2002): #86

US Billboard Rhythmic Year-End Charts (2002): #40

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 7

Diana: 2
Derek: 4

Nico: 4

Crisis: 7
Lily: 2

Wally: 3

Victoria: 7

Priscilla: 14

Dee: 6

Elliott: 3

FINAL AVERAGE = 5.36

COMMENTS:

Has a chorus ever hit this hard? I do not know.

Aaliyah's only #1 in the UK, first of all! So it always holds a special place in my heart. It's always been one of my favorite songs of hers full-stop, and I'm not even sure what I can say without repeating myself too much talking about the songs from the self-titled. Once again - ahead of its time, genius sampling, ICONIC video, unforgettable choreography, stunning looks. I thought it was such a great way to tap into that electro sound that felt so popular during that time, but it still holds up as one of those songs that I just can't believe is two decades old because I think this would remain to be a smash hit today.

HkOc.gif

giphy.gif

Ahhh yess, I absolutely LOVE "More Than a Woman." ❤️ This song is a JAM and a half for you, if I ever heard one! I loved and was really obsessed with this song and video when it was out, and I still really adore it. I love that hard hitting beat, and Aaliyah's smooth slick vocals.... it's always such a flawless combination. I love how Aaliyah sings the whole song. From the first verse, I really love the parts where she sings:  

Cupid's shot me
My heart beat's racing

Tempt me, drive me
Feels so exciting
Thought of highly
It's yours entirely

Of course I absolutely love the chorus and find it insanely catchy! 

I'll be
I'll be more than a lover
More than a woman
More than your lover
I'll be
I'll be more than a lover
More than a woman
More than enough for you

From the second verse, I love the parts where she sings:

My heart rate's climbin'
You go, I go
'Cause we share pillows

Chase me, leave me
There's still no separating

And of course, I adore the bridge of the song too! Her falsettos and voice is just so angelic on those parts! 

I don't think you're ready
I don't think you're ready for this thing
For this thing
I don't think you're ready for this thing

Constant pleasure
No scale can measure
Secret treasures
Keeps on getting better

Do you wanna roll with me?
We can go to foreign lands
Your hand in my hand
Do you wanna ride with me?
We can be like Bonnie and Clyde
Be by your side

Ugh I know I list wayyy too many parts, but I LOVE all of these parts she sings. :wub::bobo: And if I hadn't mentioned, I really love the music video too. All of her dancing is INSANE, sick and most of all, ICONIC. She just executes the choreography so effortlessly. Maybe I have tried to learn some of the dancing.... maybe. But it's all so fantastic! 

2. TRY AGAIN

YEAR OF RELEASE: 2000

ALBUM: ROMEO MUST DIE: THE ALBUM

Aaliyah-Try-Again-cover.png

SONG INFORMATION:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Try_Again_(Aaliyah_song)

MUSIC VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTA0RuZoIxM 

US Billboard Hot 100: #1

US Billboard Mainstream Top 40: #3

US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs: #4

US Billboard Rhythmic: #1

US Billboard Hot 100 Year-End Charts (2000): #12

US Billboard Mainstream Top 40 Year-End Charts (2000): #14

US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs Year-End Charts (2000): #18

US Billboard Rhythmic Year-End Charts (2000): #3

US Billboard Hot 100 Decade-End Charts (2000-2009): #98

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 4

Diana: 3
Derek: 3

Nico: 3

Crisis: 12
Lily: 8

Wally: 2

Victoria: 2

Priscilla: 1

Dee: 2

Elliott: 2

FINAL AVERAGE = 3.82

COMMENTS:

This song truly and honestly transports me to my childhood. It was that defining for me.

First song to be a Billboard #1 based solely on radio airplay. That's how you know you have a classic. Probably the most famous song of Aaliyah's and I would imagine a contender to do very well in this endgame, deservedly so as well. The choreography and the visuals are some of her greatest. A hook that is truly unforgettable. And that introduction.. "it's been a long time, we shouldn't have left you, without a dope beat to step to"... chills! A sign of amazing things to come and I think really laid the ground to all the hype around that flawless final album.

aaliyah-dust-it-off.gif

tumblr_ncuhdfld971tcmjx4o7_500.gif

"Try Again" is ICONIC and simply is one of my all-time favorite songs! :wub: Everything works here with this song - Aaliyah's vocals from beginning to end, the sick beat/music production, the music video, the dancing/choreography and just everything. It's all iconic and timeless. The song starts off with Timbaland's signature "It's been a long time, we shouldn't have left you. Without a dope beat to step to, step to, step to, step to, step to, step to, freaky-freaky." :bobo: That part is so catchy to sing along to. :haha: I do love the sweet sassy way that Aaliyah sings the opening verse, and some of my favorite parts are where she sings:

What would you do
To get to me
What would you say
To have your way
Would you give up
Or try again
If I hesitated
To let you in

Now would you be yourself
Or play your role
Tell all the boys
Or keep it low
If I say no
Would you turn away
Or play me off
Or would you stay

Oops, that's the whole verse but whatever... it's a JAM! And I love it all! :bobo: Then that chorus is so catchy and infectious! 

And if at first you don't succeed
Then dust yourself off and try again
You can dust it off and try again
'Cause if at first you don't succeed
You can dust it off and try again
Dust yourself off and try again

SO CATCHY!:bobo:

From the second verse, I love that whole part but won't list all of those parts. But I really love the parts where she sings:

Not 'til I see
What this could be
Could be eternity
Or just a week

This ain't a "Yes"
This ain't a "No"
Just do your thing
We'll see how it goes

But then the bridge is another ICONIC part of the song that I absolutely adore where she sings:

If you don't wanna throw it all away
I might be shy on the first date
What about the next date

I said you don't wanna throw it all away
I might be buggin' on the first date
What about the next date

I love the music video a ton (which is shocking I know), but wow Aaliyah has seriously had some iconic videos, and this is no different. I do really love it! Another one of my main favorite parts is where the song goes instrumental and that dance breakdown!! Aaliyah's dancing with the backup dancers! :omg: SO SICK! I love all of the dancing she and the dances does there. It's also nice seeing Jet Li in the video with her, and the dancing bit they do (or well mostly her). 

1. ARE YOU THAT SOMEBODY?

YEAR OF RELEASE: 1998

ALBUM: DR. DOLITTLE

SONGWRITERS: STATIC MAJOR + TIMBALAND

Aaliyah-areyouthatsomebody.jpg

SONG INFORMATION:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Are_You_That_Somebody%3F

MUSIC VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNMk67U6Dr0 

US Billboard Hot 100: #21

US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay: #1

US Billboard Mainstream Top 40: #6

US Billboard Rhythmic: #1

US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay Year-End Chart (1998): #7

US Billboard Mainstream Top 40 Year-End Chart (1998): #38

US Billboard Rhythmic Year-End Chart (1998): #6

US Billboard Mainstream Top 40 Year-End Chart (1999): #75

US Billboard Rhythmic Year-End Chart (1999): #63

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 6

Diana: 4
Derek: 2

Nico: 12

Crisis: 2
Lily: 1

Wally: 1

Victoria: 5

Priscilla: 6

Dee: 1

Elliott: 1

FINAL AVERAGE = 3.73

COMMENTS:

This song winning really was a bright spot in a shitty two-week period. This song means so much to me, so this win just felt good. Truly one of my favorite pieces of music ever.

It's been said before and it can be said again - did she have to go this hard on a Dr. Dolittle soundtrack? My opinion changes sometimes but I do think that for me, Are You That Somebody? should be considered Aaliyah's magnum opus. Timbaland and Static Major at it yet again, first of all. The baby crying sample should go down in, idk, some sample hall of fame. Timbaland's rap is iconic. The music video setting is legendary, as is the choreography - into that flamenco dance break? I mean, come on.

Aaliyah's first two albums are filled with classics, and that shift into working with Timbaland and Missy Elliott really showed how she could deliver hit after hit that sound flawless to this day, but something about Are You That Somebody? really broke the mould to me. Every element to this song, this video etc. etc., is classic and timeless. I think this has gotta be a contender for top 3 or at least top 5, and I'd love to see it there.

tumblr_mojqkiu75q1spgcv5o1_500.gif

giphy.gif?cid=790b76119f90e5241f90a6abbbtumblr_ncnycwc2Ax1sywrbco5_250.gifv

"Are You That Somebody?" is such an ICONIC song, and it's one of my all-time favorite songs! :wub: I do really like or love all of the songs in the finals here but I don't think I could have seen myself putting any other song at #1 besides this one. "Are You That Somebody?" is the song that made me a really huge fan of Aaliyah's and have her become one of my all-time favorite artists. The year this song was released was when I started following popular music and music charts. I'm sure I heard and liked her songs before this, but this was the song that set off my fandom, and would have me go back to loving her earlier music! ❤️ 

This song is SUCH a jam, as we all know. I love the hard hitting funky beat that Timbaland provides. I love how he starts off the song with those: "Dirty South (uh-huh). Can you all really feel me (feel us). East coast feel me (feel us). West coast feel me." Such a good intro and those parts are so catchy! :bobo: 

Aaliyah always brings it with her silky smooth vocals, and I love how she sings and sells the song in such a flawless way as usual. I love how she sings the opening verse of the song, and I feel like this is one of those songs I know all of the words so well. Some of my favorite parts are where she sings:

Boy,
I've been watching you
Like the hawk in the sky
That flies, but
You are my prey (my prey)
Boy, I promise you
If we keep bumpin' heads
I know that one of these days (days)

I've been holding back
This secret from you
Probably shouldn't tell it but if I...

The chorus is so catchy and I absolutely love that part of the song where she sings:

If I let you know
You can't tell nobody
I'm talking bout nobody
Are you responsible?
Boy I gotta watch my back
'Cause I'm not just anybody
Is it my go, is it your go
Sometimes I'm goody goody
Right now I'm naughty naughty
Say yes or say no
'Cause I really need somebody
Tell me are you that somebody

SO FUN and catchy! :bobo: I love how flirty and playful she is with the delivery of her vocals here. I love the whole second verse of the song, but one of my VERY standout favorite parts of the song is where she sings: 

Up the block while everyone
Sleep, Sleep, Sleep

I love the dance move they do on the "sleep sleep sleep" part and I almost always do that whenever I hear that part. :haha: Then I also love the parts where she sings:

With my trench, my locs, my hat
Just so I'm low key
If you tell the world
Don't speak, you know that would be weak

See I'm trusting you
With my heart, my soul
I probably shouldn't let you, but...

:wub::bobo:

I love Timbaland's verse on the bridge/breakdown section of the song. BABY GIRL... BETTER KNOWN AS AALIYAH! :bobo: His rap is so fun and catchy. But the parts I really love the most there are where he raps: 

Baby girl
I'm the man from the big Va
Won't you come play round my way
And listen to what I gotta say

Baby girl
Better known as Aaliyah

Don't you know
Gotta tell somebody 'cause...

I love all the rest of how Aaliyah sings the rest of the song after that part. :bobo: It should also go without saying that I love the music video a ton. The music video is so fun. What I love most about it, is the complete SLAYAGE dancing that Aaliyah brings here. That choreography is so timeless and iconic, and Aaliyah's execution is flawless and full of swag! :omg: Definitely one of those videos I love and wish I knew all the dancing too, even though I would try some parts. :haha: She looks so gorgeous and hot in the video with all of her various looks here. Although her in that last look is..... WOW. :omg: This song is iconic and I could not imagine a Top 22 Aaliyah round without this song, so thank you to Deee for saving this. I'm rooting for this song to pull out the win so I hope it can do so. :wub: Even though so many songs would be solid and great winners, "Are You That Somebody?" just feels like the rightful winner to me.

• Like 1

Great, great round everyone! Special shout-out to myself + @Elliott + @*Wallace + @*Lily for snatching the win at the end!!!

Only one point separated Try Again and Are You That Somebody? in the end! Such a close race. Both of their lowest ranks are one twelfth place ranking! The tiebreaker would have then looked at the highest ranking - both are ranked first. Try Again is only ranked first once though, compared to the four first place rankings for AYTS, which means even in a tie the latter takes the win.

Such a special round. ❤️

• Like 5

- Overall I'm good with "One in a Million" coming in 5th but was hoping it would have made it just a spot higher but oh well. :haha: Nice to see 7 Top 10 rankings for this song, and.... wow all in different spots too - from #1 to #7. That's all so cool and insane. :dead:

- Ooooh okay, #bless that Diana's #22 was my lowest ranked song of the Top 5. I can live with that, but that ranking still shocks me out of everything there. :haha: But wow, "We Need a Resolution" ranked higher than I expected. Impressive with  2 #1 rankings and 7 Top 5 rankings. 😮 I did not expect that as I always felt this song was overlooked but I guess not. 😮 Wow the numbers with OIAM and WNAR are so close with 7.00 vs. 6.91. 😮

- OMGG MY TOP 3 is the actual Top 3 here!!! :spaz: SLAYAGGEE! :spaz: Wow these are all some incredible rankings for "More Than a Woman." Everyone ranking this in their Top 7...... except Priscilla. 😮 But wow that is somea amazing stats here, and no #1s either. 😮

- Slayage score of 3.82 and all of those rankings for "Try Again," and a well deserved #2. :wub: Wow 9 out of 11 rankings in the Top 4 spots? Insane. :omg: Lily and Crisis are the slight disagreers with the #8 and #12 rankings but still not bad. Also omggg.... me/Victoria/Elliott/Deeee all agreeing ranking this at 2nd? What in the world? Iconic, I love it. :dead:

- Yessss @ "Are You That Somebody?" ranking at #1! :ohyeah: But omggg.... DANGGG at the extreme closeness of this and TA.... With this getting a 3.73 rating? WHATT? Dangg. I am glad we got this Top 2 and I don't regret my rankings but phew, I would have been a bit sad if AYTS didn't pull off the win. Iconic with all of those Top 6 rankings from everyone, except Nico. :omg: And woww.... #1s from me, Lily, Dee & Elliott? SLAY AT ALL OF THIS! :omg::ohyeah:

Ahhh these Aaliyah rankings were a lot of fun to read through and to be a part of. ❤️ So glad this round happened, and that flawless Top 3 order! :wub: Thanks for suggesting the round Lily and Dee for hosting it! ❤️  I am very happy! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Great, great round everyone! Special shout-out to myself + @Elliott + @*Wallace + @*Lily for snatching the win at the end!!!

Only one point separated Try Again and Are You That Somebody? in the end! Such a close race. Both of their lowest ranks are one twelfth place ranking! The tiebreaker would have then looked at the highest ranking - both are ranked first. Try Again is only ranked first once though, compared to the four first place rankings for AYTS, which means even in a tie the latter takes the win.

Such a special round. ❤️

Goo all 4 of us for this! :wub: 

I didn't want to jinx it but I was really hoping for those songs to be the Top 2! But dang I had no idea the rankings would be that tight and that close to each other. :omg: 

I also noticed....

Deee got the exact Top 2 he wanted in the exact order.

I got the exact Top 3 I wanted in the exact order.

Elliott got the exact Top 4 he wanted in the exact order.

And Derek got the Top 4 as his Top 4 but in a different order.

:omg: 

Also I didn’t submit comments because I knew Lily and Wally had it covered, but as gorgeous of a song as Rock the Boat is, I just always associate it with her passing now so it was hard for me to rank any higher than I did. :(

We Need a Resolution and More Than a Woman truly snapped in 2001 and continue to snap 20 years later. The way they could be released now with those same music videos and still be successful… Aaliyah truly was a game changer.

Try Again is that bitch ❤️ I went back and forth between my top two because I love them both so much, but in the end…

Are You That Somebody was the first Aaliyah song I heard when it came out and it was my gateway to a lot of R&B/hip-hop music, so I had to give it my top rank as it led to my love of Missy, Brandy, etc.

Thank you to @*Lily for requesting the Aaliyah round so we could all remember Baby Girl collectively. ❤️

89289dbc2e85d7831651150ce0ef56d7.jpg

• Like 4

This Top 2 was perfect. ❤️❤️ Admittedly, Are You That Somebody? would rank #3, but I was trying to help Try Again win. :dead: In the end I couldn’t bring myself to tank hardly during Baby Girl’s round. 

Thank you @*Lily and @Deeee for choosing Aaliyah and for hosting it. It was an honor to partake in this round and remember Baby Girl. ❤️❤️

video need GIF

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Also I didn’t submit comments because I knew Lily and Wally had it covered, but as gorgeous of a song as Rock the Boat is, I just always associate it with her passing now so it was hard for me to rank any higher than I did. :(

Are You That Somebody was the first Aaliyah song I heard when it came out and it was my gateway to a lot of R&B/hip-hop music, so I had to give it my top rank as it led to my love of Missy, Brandy, etc.

Aww that's an understandable reason there. :broken: I still really love the song and video, although it also makes me sad watching it. So it's a bunch of conflicting feelings. :broken: 

I also love how "Are You That Somebody?" is that song that has so much significance to a lot of us here. ❤️