Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round)

FrogLenzen

FINAL STANDINGS PART THREE

15. Till the World Ends (2011, prod. by Max Martin + Alexander Kronlund + Kesha + Dr. Piece of Sh*t, written by Max Martin + Billboard + Emily Wright + Dr. Piece of Sh*t)

Album: Femme Fatale

tumblr_msgujkJW0z1r3ty02o1_500.gif

US Billboard Hot 100 (Billboard): #3 (Single)

US Dance Club Songs (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Dance/Mix Show Airplay (Billboard): #3 (Single)

US Adult Top 40 (Billboard): #19 (Single)

US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #4 (Single)

US Rhythmic (Billboard): #9 (Single)

US Billboard Hot 100 Year-End Charts (Billboard): #27 (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Till_the_World_Ends

RANKINGS:

Dee: 10

Gigi: 12

Derek: 11

Sola: 15

Steven: 10

Kaley: 18

Andy: 3

Wally: 11

Denise: 19

Rei: 16

Elliott: 15

Lily: 20

Priscilla: 9

JC: 12

QK: 14

Chris: 18

Victoria: 16

Amanda: 17

Final Average = 13.667

COMMENTS

An amazing anthem and one of her finest pieces of work. Iconic feel good track!

On 9/13/2020 at 10:02 PM, *Wallace said:

6goq.gif

Aww I’m kinda sad that the Femme Fatale era didn’t fare so well for the finals portion of the Britney round. :( I would have loved seeing either of “Hold It Against Me” or “I Wanna Go” make it here but sadly there wasn’t enough spots for them. :broken: But “Till the World Ends” is my standout favorite from the Femme Fatale album so thank you Andy for pushing this song into the finals! ❤️ “Till the World Ends” is such a jam and I really love this song so much. This song gets me PUMPED every time I hear it! I love how this has some of that EDM/dance flavor to it and Britney sounds hot while singing the song. I really love the first verse, pre-chorus and chorus of this song so much:  

I notice that you got it

You notice that I want it

You know that I can take it

To the next level, baby

If you want this good ish

Sicker than the remix

Baby, let me blow your mind

Tonight

I can't take it, take it, take no more

Never felt like, felt like this before

Come on get me, get me on the floor

DJ what you, what you waiting for?

:bobo: 

And of course all of those whooaa ooooh ooooh  parts are sooooo catchy and infectious! :bobo: Then I also really love the bridge and how fun that part of the song is where Britney sings:

See the sunlight, we ain't stopping

Keep on dancing 'til the world ends

If you feel it let it happen

Keep on dancing 'til the world ends

This is another Britney music video  that is really hot, fun with lots of great killer dancing in it. I absolutely love it!

On 9/11/2020 at 4:48 PM, taylorkat said:

I like it.

On 9/11/2020 at 5:10 PM, FrogLenzen said:

Don't forget that Kesha was a writer

On 9/17/2020 at 7:56 PM, *Chris said:

This song is good but doesn't measure up to the other songs.

On 9/13/2020 at 10:35 AM, ~*8Kay8*~ said:

Genuinely thought this song would wind up higher in my rankings. Speaks to the strength of this top 21 that even this song that I really like winds up at #18.

On 9/17/2020 at 5:42 PM, QueenKalie said:

Not a bad song

On 9/17/2020 at 9:40 AM, JC said:

Fab song.

On 9/14/2020 at 8:33 PM, miss denise said:

Fun song and the chorus is especially catchy. Actually the bridge is as well and may be my favorite part. :bobo: The song is not one of my favorites overall, but it's enjoyable. 

On 9/15/2020 at 4:12 PM, *Lily said:

Truthfully not one of my favorites but a fair representation of the Femme Fetale album in this top 21. It was cool to see her experiment with that growing dance-pop/EDM genre at the time.

14. Toy Soldier (2007, prod. by Bloodshy & Avant + Sean Garrett, written by Bloodshy & Avant + Magnus Wallbert + Sean Garrett)

Album: Blackout

Britney_Spears_-_Blackout.png

US Billboard 200 (Billboard): #2 (Album)

United States Certification (RIAA): Platinum (Album)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackout_(Britney_Spears_album)

RANKINGS:

Dee: 4

Gigi: 9

Derek: 5

Sola: 16

Steven: 21

Kaley: 13

Andy: 14

Wally: 16

Denise: 20

Rei: 13

Elliott: 2

Lily: 18

Priscilla: 20

JC: 11

QK: 21

Chris: 10

Victoria: 20

Amanda: 12

Final Average = 13.611

COMMENTS

Imagine hating the masterpiece that is Toy Soldier from the critically acclaimed Blackout album? Must take some really questionable taste to do such a thing! What a phenomenal song. This is why she is the Princess of Pop. Because of tracks like this right here.

My favorite Blackout song.

I obviously love Blackout, and this song is great as well. I think I would have preferred Freakshow or Radar and those would have ranked higher, but this one ends up here. Like pretty much all of blackout, the beat is amazing and the lyrics are fun.

I feel like this would have had an iconic video had it been a single.

On 9/13/2020 at 10:10 PM, *Wallace said:

I know the Blackout push was very strong and vocal here but this was the song I was secretly hoping the Blackout stans would push for into the finals so thank you Elliott for advancing this into the finals. :wub: “Toy Soldier” is a STRAIGHT UP JAM that slays and i absolutely love it! :bobo: This is my favorite Blackout album track and is a song I was devastated and so mad that never became a single… Ugh. Yeah call me ridiculous for placing this at #16 but I just love all of these songs so much dang it. I just really love the edgy music production and beat here as well as how Britney sings on this. This song has this military-esque feel to it. 

Right from the start: Yeah smash on the radio, bet I penned it! I AM ALREADY HOOKED. (!) I really love so many parts of this song. i really love the pre-chorus and chorus o this song especially.

When I shut the door leaving with my bag, hit the scene in my new wag

Bet he gonna wish he knew the type of fun I'm getting into,

Peek a boo, he good...doing things you wish, you wish you could,

He's not talking, he's just walking like them city boys from New York

Loving her fast singing here! :wub: 

This time I need a soldier, a really bad ass soldier

That know how to take, take care of me

I'm so damn glad that's over

This time I need a soldier, I'm sick of toy soldiers

(I need ....I'm so sick of...toy soldiers...)

A boy that knows how to take care of me,

Won't be just coming over...

Then I also really love the part from the second verse where she sings: Coming back looking delicious. Yes I know they wanna kiss me. :giggle: 

I just wish we had a music video to this as it would have been so epic. This song is still A JAM! :bobo:  

Strangely I had never heard this song or did not remember it but love it. Fierce.

Love this song, and another standout from Blackout - very underrated song!

I don't know this song as well as most of the others. I prefer Britney's earlier material, but this is fun and I like the feel of it. :bobo:

easily the worst song on this list.

13. Womanizer (2008, prod. by The Outsyders, written by The Outsyders)

Album: Circus

OrdinaryRepentantBrahmanbull-small.gif

US Billboard Hot 100: #1 (Single)

US Adult Top 40 (Billboard): #32 (Single)

US Dance Club Songs (Billboard): #9 (Single)
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Rhythmic (Billboard): #21 (Single)

US Billboard Hot 100 Year-End Charts: #39 (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Womanizer_(song)

RANKINGS

Dee: 11

Gigi: 13

Derek: 12

Sola: 11

Steven: 9

Kaley: 16

Andy: 11

Wally: 9

Denise: 17

Rei: 9

Elliott: 16

Lily: 17

Priscilla: 10

JC: 14

QK: 12

Chris: 15

Victoria: 14

Amanda: 13

Final Average = 12.722

COMMENTS

I still absolutely adore Womanizer, though my love has faded for it over time for some reason. The hook, the melody, and the lyrics are undeniable though. We stan Britney hating men!

On 9/13/2020 at 10:02 PM, *Wallace said:

9MhK.gif

I’m super glad to push through “Womanizer” into the finals as I really love this song of course!  I was definitely worried for this song not making it through anyone’s pick or even through the Wildcard round too. “Womanizer” is the lead single from Circus and is viewed as Britney’s comeback single. She went through a really tough 2008 and came back stronger, better and hotter than ever! :wub: I felt “Womanizer” was really needed in the finals so I hope others agree. I hate ranking this at #9 but all these songs in this area are amongst my favorites of Britney’s. Britney tells it off at this man who is a womanizer who is playing with a bunch of women and their hearts, and Britney is NOT going to stand for it! (!) Britney does sound on the verses of the song with a lower deeper register to her voice here. I do really love the pre-chorus and chorus a lot from the song:

Womanizer, woman—womanizer

You're a womanizer, oh, womanizer, oh

You're a womanizer, baby

You, you, you are, you, you, you are

Womanizer, womanizer, womanizer, womanizer

Boy, don't try to front

I, I know just, just what you are, are, are

Boy, don't try to front

You got me goin'

You're, oh, so charmin'

But I can do it

Womanizer

Boy, don't try to front

Boy, don't try to front

You say I'm crazy

I got your "crazy"

You're nothin' but a womanizer

:bobo: 

I LOVE all of those parts so much but the “You say I’m crazy! I got your crazy!” always KILLS ME. :dead: Then another part from the second verse I really love is where she sings:

Lollipop

Must mistake me, you're a sucker

To think that I would be a victim not another

Lol love all of those lollipop/sucker reference. :giggle: I really love the bridge too especially the last part where she sings: It would be all good. And maybe I could be your girl. But I can't 'cause we don't.

“Womanizer” is another Britney music video I really love. I love all of her different looks in the video…. there’s so many of them that i never really counted them.  Although all of the blonde Britney’s are my favorites. :wub: And she really lets that guy have it.

tumblr_m8d35u9buy1qd1u6c.gif

Lowkey not being one of my all-time fave Britney songs however there's no doubting it's still iconic. Killer hook/chorus.

I kind of like it.

My love for it has faded over the years, but still catchy as hell. It has a different sound to so many of her other songs.

Another song of hers that I love - honestly, I love the majority of the songs in this final ranking. 

This one had to grow on me a bit and is still not one of my favorites. However, the beat is fun and eventually got to me.  That "Boy don't try to front, I know just, just, what you are, ah, ah" part is my favorite. :bobo: 

catchy song

Iconic songs continued, not my fave of them but still love it.

Edited by Deeee

6 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Always gotta love our agreement! :wub:  And also seems we agree more on Britney than Beyonce & Rihanna so far. :haha: 🙈

Agree with everything you said on the remix. I love the original too but if it was in here, I probably would have put it at like #18/19 or so? :haha: The remix always had that extra spark/fire to me and a MUCH better music video.

Ooh yes this would happen :dead:

Agreed too! Either one probably would have been in my top 5 as it’s one of my favorite songs of hers. But the remix just beats it out for me :haha:

9 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Imagine hating the masterpiece that is Toy Soldier from the critically acclaimed Blackout album? Must take some really questionable taste to do such a thing!

I don’t hate it. :dead: 

I actually never listened to the song before this game. I just didn’t care for it after my first listen. 🤷‍♂️

“Till the World Ends.” :wub: Adore this track. Such a fun catchy jam here! :bobo: 

“Toy Soldier.” ❤️ Really love this track and think this is such a fun and hot jam. :bobo: Although it doesn’t mean you have questionable taste if you don’t love the song though. :haha: OMGG I’m crying that Lily also said this song would have had an epic video like I did. We really are the same person sometimes. :dead: 

“Womanizer.” :wub: OMGG this song making it to #13 despot its highest ranking being #9… Lmaoo whattt??? I am shooketh. :dead: Well looking at the numbers - it ranges from #9 through #17, so a track that is well liked but not well loved or disliked amongst us rankers. So interesting to see. :haha: But yeah I adore this song and think it needed to be in the finals. I would love it higher but pleased with the ranking. ❤️ 

14 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Ooh yes this would happen :dead:

Agreed too! Either one probably would have been in my top 5 as it’s one of my favorite songs of hers. But the remix just beats it out for me :haha:

:haha: 

I stand by and back up your choice 100%! (!) 

12 minutes ago, Elliott said:

This is the music video for Toy Soldier as far as I'm concerned!

What show was this from?

14 minutes ago, Deeee said:

You're right! We question her questionable taste. LOL.

Ooh you. :claybleh:

4 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

I don’t hate it. :dead: 

I actually never listened to the song before this game. I just didn’t care for it after my first listen. 🤷‍♂️

Lmaooo yeah.... just because you rank it low, doesn't mean you hate it. :dead: