Musician Discography Rankdown (Alicia Keys Results)

FrogLenzen

Really loving the group of songs we've advanced through into the finals so far. ❤️ 

I'm still and have been stuck on a few options. But one of the tracks I really want in the finals, I'm not sure if it'll get there in the future rounds although it should. And I'm gonna have to hope my other faves can make it through the future rounds. This is my favorite album track of Aaliyah's, and this song gives me serious chills. Such a haunting, emotional song and a really beautiful vocal. One of her best/my favorite vocals from Aaliyah here.

Advancing: "I Refuse"

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Really loving the group of songs we've advanced through into the finals so far. ❤️ 

I'm still and have been stuck on a few options. But one of the tracks I really want in the finals, I'm not sure if it'll get there in the future rounds although it should. And I'm gonna have to hope my other faves can make it through the future rounds. This is my favorite album track of Aaliyah's, and this song gives me serious chills. Such a haunting, emotional song and a really beautiful vocal. One of her best/my favorite vocals from Aaliyah here.

Advancing: "I Refuse"

luv this song

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Deeee said:

There is no other song I would be happier to move on than this masterpiece, which really had a massive impact on my childhood:

Producers: Aaliyah, the people making the Eddie Murphy Dr. Dolittle want you to submit a track. Do you have any B-sides you don’t want?

Aaliyah:

16 hours ago, *Lily said:

But as a way to accommodate the range of suggestions, I wondered if it be possible to do 22 songs? I thought it might be a nice way to honour her life, cut too short but to celebrate all her greatness in her 22 years ❤️ 

Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Deeee said:

Despite her tragically short life and career, Aaliyah did not need any more than her 22 years of life to leave an indelible impact on the world. Yes, she has received five Grammy Award nominations, three American Music Awards, along with two Video Music Awards. Sure, she is the 27th most successful R&B artist in history, with an amassed 24-32 million records sold worldwide. But the numbers and prestige do not really encompass the true reaches of her impact. Aaliyah redefined music. She successfully changed the genres of R&B, Hip-Hop, and Pop, injecting an urban sound and futurism into the genres that would help usher in successful acts like Brandy, Monica, Destiny's Child, Christina Aguilera, and more. Her music was about the sounds, the beats, the feeling, in a time where musical acts were simply searching to be pop stars. Instead, Aaliyah was searching to be a soulful artist. Her experimental music and partnerships with Missy Elliott and Timbaland advanced the music of the underground - with everybody that followed attempting to replicate her perfect combination of soft voices and hard-hitting, novel beats. Music never sounded the same after Aaliyah. Music never looked the same, either. Her innovations did not stop at the song, but could be felt and seen in her music videos and her personal style. The smooth choreography of her music videos and her naturally relaxed dancing skills were imitated for years to come. Her notable tomboy-style became the fashion and style every other artist tried to duplicate. Aaliyah was an original though. She was too special to ever imitate or duplicate. We felt her impact then, and we feel her impact now. No amount of tragedy could ever outweigh the legacy she left behind.

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

• Sad 1

I know some people are not fond of the first album because of R. Kelly, but this is the first Aaliyah song I've ever heard because my sister would play it OVER and OVER. :dead: It's a cover of an Isley Brothers song so hopefully people will put away their pitchforks once I advance (At You Best) You Are Love. ❤️

It's originally a song dedicated to their mother so no underage undertones here. :haha:

• Like 5

AALIYAH PART TWO

giphy.gif

STUDIO ALBUMS

AGE AIN'T NOTHING BUT A NUMBER

Intro

Throw Your Hands Up

Down with the Clique

No One Knows How to Love Me Quite Like You Do

I'm So Into You

Street Thing

Young Nation

Old School

I'm Down

ONE IN A MILLION

Beats 4 da Street (Intro) (feat. Missy Elliott)

Hot Like Fire

A Girl Like You (feat. Treach)

If Your Girl Only Knew

Choosey Lover (Old School/NewSchool)

Got to Give It Up (feat. Slick Rick)

Everything's Gonna Be Alright

Giving You More

I Gotcha' Back

Never Givin' Up (feat. Tavarius Polk)

Heartbroken

Never Comin' Back

Ladies in da House (feat. Missy Elliott + Timbaland)

The One I Gave My Heart To

Came to Give Love (Outro) (feat. Timbaland)

No Days Go By

Come Over

AALIYAH

Loose Rap (feat. Static)

Never No More

I Care 4 U

Extra Smooth

Read Between the Lines

U Got Nerve

It's Whatever

I Can Be

Those Were the Days

Messed Up

COMPILATION ALBUMS

I CARE 4 U

Don't Know What to Tell Ya

All I Need

Miss You

Don't Worry

Come Over

Erica Kane

Got to Give It Up (Remix)

ULTIMATE AALIYAH

Are You Feelin' Me?

Messed Up

Man Undercover (feat. Timbaland)

John Blaze (with Missy Elliott)

I Am Music (with Timbaland & Static Major)

More Than a Woman (Bump & Flex Club Mix)

SINGLES AS LEAD ARTIST

The Thing I Like

Are You Ready?

Journey to the Past

I Don't Wanna

Come Back in One Piece (feat. DMX)

Miss You (Remix feat. Jay-Z)

Where Could He Be (feat. Missy Elliott + Tweet)

Enough Said (feat. Drake)

SINGLES AS FEATURED ARTIST

I Need You Tonight (with Junior M.A.F.I.A.)

Live and Die for Hip-Hop (with Kriss Kross feat. Da Brat + Jermaine Dupri + Mr. Black)

Up Jumps da Boogie (with Timbaland & Magoo feat. Missy Elliott)

One in a Million (Remix) (with Ginuwine)

Best Friends (with Missy Elliott)

One Man Woman (with Playa)

Final Warning (with Ginuwine)

You Won't See Me Tonight (with Nas)

ROUND RULES

For the second round, each ranker will choose to advance two songs forward in the competition and cut five songs from the game. Two songs will be leftover in the end and those will advance forward to the next round. All of your decisions must be made in the same post in order to count. Decisions are final, so please be sure of your choices before posting. Good luck!

@*Lily @1234567890 @Elliott @FrogLenzen @*Wallace @NGM @Crisis @*Diana 

Edited by Deeee

ADVANCING:

Miss You

I Care 4 U

CUTTING:

Age Ain't Nothing But a Number

Summer Bunnies (Summer Bunnies Contest Extended Remix) (with R. Kelly + Carey Kelly) 

Your Body's Callin' (His & Hers Extended Remix) (with R. Kelly)

Back & Forth (Mr. Lee & R. Kelly's Remix)

Don't Think They Know (with Chris Brown)

• Like 2

Advance:

A Girl Like You (feat. Treach)

Never Givin' Up (feat. Tavarius Polk)

Cut:

Back & Forth (Ms. Mello Remix)

At Your Best (You Are Love) (Gangstar Child Remix)

At Your Best (You Are Love) (Stepper's Ball Remix)

Hot Like Fire (Timbaland's Groove Mix)

Night Riders (Remix) (with Boot Camp Clik)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goofycilla90 said:

well this doesn’t seem fair lol no one even had a chance to save it lol

I regret nothing.

"Aaliyah's mother, Diane Haughton, reflected that everything 'that went wrong in her life' began with her relationship with Kelly"

Just now, goofycilla90 said:

I don’t know if you’re away but Victoria is currently in a mental health facility. She was place placed on 72 hour hold. She said it was okay to let you guys know ❤️

Oh no I was not aware! Send her my best please. I hope she is getting proper and adequate care that she needs to get better. Let me know if she needs more time to make her choices here. ❤️

• Like 1