Musician Discography Rankdown (Alicia Keys Results)

FrogLenzen

FINAL STANDINGS PART THREE

15. Blind (2010 prod. by Benny Blanco + Ammo + Dr. Piece of Sh*t, written by Kesha Sebert + Benny Blanco + Ammo + Dr. Piece of Sh*t)

Album: Animal

AnimalKesha.jpg

US Billboard 200: #1 (Album)

US Billboard 200 Decade-End Charts: #115 (Album)

United States Certification (RIAA): 3x Platinum (Album)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_(Kesha_album)

RANKINGS:

Dee: 18

Gigi: 12

Elliott: 12

Andy: 11

Denise: 15

Lily: 10

Wally: 15

Derek: 11

Chris: 17

Victoria: 7

JC: 10

Kaley: 6

Final Average = 12.000

COMMENTS

Blind is a good song, but was never a favorite of mine. I am actually surprised it made the finals tbh.

On 9/1/2020 at 6:55 PM, FrogLenzen said:

The way the chorus builds each time with more harmonies is great. I said this earlier in the thread, but as part of my music business major, one project was to create a track we had to create a project using the music studio and related equipment at the school. I produced a track of myself singing a cover of this song.

On 9/1/2020 at 6:55 PM, *Wallace said:

ULZ9.gif

I do like how this has a mix of a darker/deeper sound to it but also has a bit of a fun  sound to it too. I am not too familiar with this song but the chorus to this one is really sticking with me. I really love the sound of chorus on this and how she sings this. With more listens in the future, I can see this growing on me.

On 9/1/2020 at 8:52 AM, *Lily said:

I have such strong memories of this song that I'm surprised to remind myself it's not actually a single, lol. Great song though!

On 8/29/2020 at 3:10 PM, taylorkat said:

Also a good song.

On 9/1/2020 at 11:34 PM, JC said:

gorgeous

On 8/29/2020 at 5:33 PM, Elliott said:

The song that made me fall in love with Kesha. :wub:

On 8/31/2020 at 8:14 PM, miss denise said:

I like this and the strength she has in the lyrics as she gets over this break-up.

14. Rainbow (2017, prod. by Ben Folds, written by Kesha Sebert)

Album: Rainbow

original.gif

US Billboard 200: #1 (Album)

United States Certification (RIAA): Gold (Album)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_(Kesha_album)

RANKINGS:

Dee: 4

Gigi: 15

Elliott: 8

Andy: 17

Denise: 8

Lily: 7

Wally: 16

Derek: 15

Chris: 15

Victoria: 18

JC: 14

Kaley: 7

Final Average = 12.000

COMMENTS

The range on this song! Kesha showed up and showed out on this phenomenal track omfg. Chills and tears every single time I listen to this song about shedding your old skin. Embracing the true you. Embracing the colorful side of life. Letting go and moving forward. An absolute masterpiece of a song that was disrespected by this low ranking!

I had no idea this song had a music video. Was this released as a single or not? Cause I don’t really remember. Listening to this again this song (specifically) does sound familiar but I can’t really remember where I listened to it. This is a really pretty song and Kesha sounds very beautiful on it. I like the emotional connection she has while singing this too.

I'm sad she went through a lot of years stereotyping her image and her personality when she shows with a record like this that she's such a brilliant emoter in her music. Such a beautiful song.

I love all Kesha songs

It's nice, but it's not a favorite.

this is nice but starts the songs that should not win

The meaning of this resonates with me on a personal level in many ways. I love and appreciate the message, and the way the song builds up is also so powerful.

13. Blow (2010, prod. by Max Martin + Benny Blanco + Kool Kojak + Dr. Piece of Sh*t, written by Kesha Sebert + Kool Kojak + Benny Blanco + Max Martin + Klas Åhlund + Dr. Piece of Sh*t)

Extended Play: Cannibal

Pb2J.gif

US Billboard Hot 100: #7 (Single)

US Adult Top 40 (Billboard): #26 (Single)

US Dance Club Songs (Billboard): #27 (Single)

US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #3 (Single)

US Rhythmic (Billboard): #22 (Single)

United States Certification (RIAA): 4x Platinum (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blow_(Kesha_song)

RANKINGS

Dee: 14

Gigi: 2

Elliott: 13

Andy: 16

Denise: 11

Lily: 13

Wally: 5

Derek: 19

Chris: 18

Victoria: 11

JC: 2

Kaley: 20

Final Average = 12.000

COMMENTS

I used to get irresponsibly drunk to this song, but now I just think about her abuser writing and producing this song.

MeGi.gif

Yayy I am super glad that “Blow” made it into the finals. With a Top 5 ranking and myself pushing this forward twice this round, I definitely love this song and consider it amongst my favorites from Ke$ha. This song is also my standout favorite from the Cannibal era. I love dance/pop Kesha/Ke$ha and this song proves why. It’s such a great party jam! THIS PLACE ABOUT TO BLOOWWW OH OH BLLOWWW-OH OH OHHH! :bobo: I think this was also one of those songs I played so much and got tired of at one point. :haha: But thankfully I’ve come around to loving it back all over again like I should. :wub: 

Oh and James Van Der Beek is in the music video which is really cool…. so let’s see if Elliott goes crazy and drools about him in his write-up. :giggle: I don’t really get what’s going on in the video… but it’s interesting. Them shading each others names as “James van der Douche” and especially “Ke-Dollar Sign-ha.” :dead: Such a fun song!

I love all Kesha songs

Iconic James Van Der Beek cameo. Great hook. In terms of her bigger 'hits', it's not one which has always stuck with me, but I do like it.

iconic

My top jam.

On 8/29/2020 at 5:33 PM, Elliott said:

Iconic music video and I'm always here for James Van Der Beek.

"This place's about to blow, oh-oh-oh!" :bobo: Love the techno beat on the chorus and the fun of this song! 

Edited by Deeee

7 minutes ago, #jeah said:

At least I like Cowboy Blues and Resentment. :haha: 

Me: *knows the song is called Resentment and thus would probably be said in the song*

Also me: *legit though they were saying IS IT ME instead of RESENTMENTTTTT in the chorus/bridge*

55 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Sorry, Wally. :( I didn’t think it was a bad gif because of the context of Heidi saying it in the show was in a joking manner but I’ll stop using it. :hug:

Awww thanks for understanding and it's all good. :hug: Ah yeah I remember it was done in a joking manner but it can come across differently (with it being out of context) on here so just wanted to remind you+everyone else. :hug: 

55 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I lost the entire post. omfg. IDF ate it.

Aww ugh that's terrible. :( 

Yayy happy for “Blind” making the Top 15! Interesting how all of the rankings for that song are all like middle of the road with m mostly 10-15 rankings but still makes it to #15. Oooh very cool story Derek shared about “Blind.” 😮 

Fine with Rainbow’s placement. 

Aww “Blow” is the first of my huge favorites to show up but to do so at #13 is really good. :haha: Lovee the song and it’s sooo fun. :bobo: 

LOL I love Derek’s “I love all Kesha songs” comment. So straight to the point. :dead: 

And wow did all of these songs get 12.0 tied rankings? 😮 

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

I'm still so mad we never got a studio version of this masterpiece on the soundtrack.

ICONIC. ❤️

WHY IS THE PITCH SO HIGH IN THAT VIDEO? :dead:

Did you and @Deeee ever realize that the girl that plays Carver was the lead in Halloween Resurrection? :giggle:

Just now, Deeee said:

How could I not? 

Also I wonder if they explained why the predominantly black school was modelled after Irish imagery. :haha:

Them having the Irish mascot + Gabrielle Union is what made me #TeamClovers as a child. :dead:

"Every time we get some, y’all come trying to steal it, putting some blonde hair on it, and calling it something different,”

-Bring It On, 2001, predicting every white pop girl going through their "bad/edgy" era in the future

25 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Awww thanks for understanding and it's all good. :hug: Ah yeah I remember it was done in a joking manner but it can come across differently (with it being out of context) on here so just wanted to remind you+everyone else. :hug: 

I want to add that it's also against the rules due to the language and not only because it could be considered offensive. People may have gotten away with it in the past, but we do need to enforce the rules and appreciate you guys respecting that. :yes: 

• Thanks 1