Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

15. FRED JONES - SCOOB! (2020)

From Wikipedia: "It is a reboot of the Scooby-Doo film series, and is intended to be the first installment in a series of films set within a Hanna-Barbera shared cinematic universe. The film's plot follows Mystery Inc. as they are enlisted by Blue Falcon to prevent Dick Dastardly from opening the Underworld and unleashing Cerberus." Zac Efron provides the voice for Fred Jones. According to Rotten Tomatoes, "Scoob! is fun enough for youthful viewers and some hardcore fans, but never quite solves the mystery of why audiences shouldn't watch old episodes instead."

DENISE: 12 - I didn't grow up watching Scooby Doo, but I would have had to be living under a rock to not be familiar with it and its characters. I am a bit surprised one of the animated movies made the finals,  but it's innocent fun and for that, I will rank it higher than a few others. ❤️ :giggle:It's a rather recent release, so because of that, plus it being animated, I would not be surprised to see it rank on the lower end. However, I enjoyed the trailer when I saw it awhile back, and enjoyed the movie just as much. Zac is the first cast member to come up when I Google the movie, which makes you think he'd voice Shaggy or Scooby, but he is actually Fred. I like Zac's voice work and his character in general in this movie. It's an enjoyable watch, and it's fun to see (or hear) Zac take on another animated kid-friendly role. ❤️

JC: 12 - I heart Scooby Doo so much and I love that Zac plays Fred, but not going to give this as much oomph due to it just being his voice.

WALLACE: 14 - omgg I did not expect Scoob! to sneak into the Top 15. I forgot it made it here. :dead: Not complaining as I loved Scooby Doo as a kid. This movie looks fun and cute although it doesn’t touch the classics for me. I might check it out for the childhood love i had for this. I’m not sure how big his role is on this. 

CHRIS: 15 - Just came out and havent seen it. 

VICTORIA: 15

14. CAMERON BALE - SUMMERLAND (2004)

From Wikipedia: "It is centered on a clothing designer in her 30s, Ava Gregory, raising her niece and nephews after their parents die in a tragic accident. They live with three of Ava's friends who also help raise the kids in the fictional city of Playa Linda, California." Zac Efron plays Cameron, "Nikki's best friend and on/off boyfriend. He lives with his troubled, divorced, alcoholic father." 

DENISE: 10 - Wow, I did a whole big write-up on Summerland in the TV game and now I get to copy and paste it here for this rankdown? Just kidding, I won't. I know TV roles often rank on the lower end here, so for that reason, and nothing to do with Jesse McCartney, I shall rank this a bit higher. :giggle:It is also Zac's earliest represented work on here and the first time i was introduced to Zac. I didn't notice him all that much because the fact is he began as a reoccurring character on a show starring Jesse, so how much leftover attention did I have to give? :dead: But it's nostalgic and I enjoyed him on the show still. I also didn't expect this to make the finals, so am curious to see how others rank it.

VICTORIA: 10

JC: 13 - This was pre-days of Zac really coming into his hotness. He was such a twinky teenager I had no idea he would turn into such a stud.

WALLACE: 13 - Congrats and well done to Denise getting Summerland in the finals without campaigning for it. I think this is one of those shows I maybe seen bits of and clips of here and there. And I didn’t even know who Zac was when this was airing but I know he’s on it. This is hard to figure out where to rank but I’ll put it here.

CHRIS: 14 - Sorry to Denise but I never seen it so its this low.

13. JACK JANSEN - THE PAPERBOY (2012)

From Wikipedia: "It follows Miami reporter Ward Jansen who returns to his hometown in Florida to investigate a racial murder case involving a death row inmate." Zac Efron plays Ward's younger brother Jack. He also becomes a love interest for Nicole Kidman's character Charlotte Bless. According to Rotten Tomatoes, "Trashy and melodramatic, The Paperboy is enlivened by a strong cast and a steamy, sordid plot, but it's uneven and often veers into camp."

CHRIS: 4 - Easily one of his best roles, and I expect this will rank near the bottom.

VICTORIA: 7

JC: 14 - Zac was hot but this was just not my type of movie - Matthew McConaghey being his gay brother was a plus though.

DENISE: 15 - I love Zac, but do not care for this movie. :( I would have preferred Me and Orson Welles as a period drama in the finals (which has nearly twice the Rotten Tomatoes score for those who go by that). Unfortunately, this movie just isn't for me, but I enjoy Zac's presence in it. 

WALLACE: 15 - You’re welcome Victoria for getting me to change my mind. 😘 This looks interesting and seems to be the start of Zac doing more mature roles. Maybe I would need to see it more for it to really catch me. I do love that Macy Gray is in this.

12. TEDDY SANDERS - NEIGHBORS (2014)

From Wikipedia: "The plot follows a couple who come into conflict with a fraternity that has recently moved in next door and which leads them into an all out war." Zac Efron plays Teddy Sanders, "Mac and Kelly's new neighbor and the president of Delta Psi Beta." According to Rotten Tomatoes, "With plenty of bawdy humor evenly spread between its well-matched stars, Neighbors earns its R rating -- and filmgoers' laughs."

WALLACE: 6 - Definitely know and heard of this movie. This movie looks hilarious and something I think i would enjoy as I really enjoy these silly comedy movies. Cool to see Seth Rogan and Dave Franco in this too.

JC: 10 - Zac is very much a very hot frat boy in this just my type UNF, but he looked a little 'roided which I am not a proponent of - not saying he took steroids, but it was a little much. Also this movie wasn't the best.

VICTORIA: 11

CHRIS: 13 - Zac Efron is better than this movie.

DENISE: 14 - I am not a fan of raunchy comedies, but this is fun for what it is. It's not really my kind of entertainment, but I liked it more than I probably expected and Zac is great in it.

11. COLE CARTER - WE ARE YOUR FRIENDS (2015)

From Wikipedia: "The film stars Zac Efron, Emily Ratajkowski and Wes Bentley, and follows a young Los Angeles DJ trying to make it in the music industry and figure out life with his friends." According to Rotten Tomatoes, "We Are Your Friends boasts magnetic stars and glimmers of insight, but they're lost in a clichéd coming-of-age story as programmed as the soundtrack's beats." However, "The Hollywood Reporter's Film Critics named Efron's one of their favorite performances of 2015, ranking him second, for his role of Cole Carter, saying, 'And while the picture's box-office returns didn't exactly pump up the volume, this 28-year-old Tyrone Power clone increasingly ranks among the most exciting American actors of his generation.'"

JC: 9 - Zac was so hot in this UNF. I also love EDM so the concept of the storyline connected with me, but not as good as the ones above.

CHRIS: 10 - Never seen it but would love to see it.

WALLACE: 10 - This movie really intrigues me of Zac playing a DJ. The movie catches my interest as I like music based type movies. Enjoyed the trailer and the storyline of it and would enjoy checking it out. Oooh Emily Ratajkowski is in this too who is really hot so that’s cool.

DENISE: 11 - The plot of this is a bit aimless to me, but I still rather enjoyed it. It's different from any other Zac movie I can think of it and it's probably not a surprise I prefer the R-rated dramas over the comedies. Zac is convincing to me in the role of a DJ, and on an unrelated note he may be the most attractive I've ever seen him in my life in this movie (which is saying something).  I also love him and Emily Ratajkowski together in this and think they're adorable. 

VICTORIA: 13

Looks like we all align pretty well except for Chris’s high rank of Paperboy and Wally’s rogue rank of 6 for Neighbors when it doesn’t sound like he’s watched it Lolol :dead:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

NEIGHBORS UNDERAPPRECIATED HERE TOO

It made my top 10! :giggle:I love all Zac movies so not that I didn’t like it, just not as much as my top 9 :hug:

All good so far, although I think Scoob! deserves better, but as I mentioned I expected the low ranking due to it being a new release and animated. I love that there aren't too many major disagreements among the group yet.  And the first five all ranked in my 15-10, so content with that for myself as well. :haha: 

LOL two of the three other comments on Summerland mentioning me. I did nothing to get it to the finals and didn't expect it. :lmao:  But thank you. I never knew you hadn't seen it @*Chris 😮 

14 minutes ago, JC said:

Looks like we all align pretty well except for Chris’s high rank of Paperboy and Wally’s rogue rank of 6 for Neighbors when it doesn’t sound like he’s watched it Lolol :dead:

I haven't seen it but I saw all of a number of his films on the list - but it id seem one of the ones I would like the most. :lmao:  

11 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

Neighbors would legit be my #2 Zac Efron Movie

I tried my best for you. :( 

7 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

We snapped with the ranking of SCOOB! though. :bobo:

halle berry happy dance GIF

We did. :dead: 

5 minutes ago, miss denise said:

All good so far, although I think Scoob! deserves better, but as I mentioned I expected the low ranking due to it being a new release and animated. I love that there aren't too many major disagreements among the group yet.  And the first five all ranked in my 15-10, so content with that for myself as well. :haha: 

LOL two of the three other comments on Summerland mentioning me. I did nothing to get it to the finals and didn't expect it. :lmao:  But thank you. I never knew you hadn't seen it @*Chris 😮 

You're doing so good so far. Better than me. :dead: But i don't mind haha.

Of course you had to be mentioned. :giggle:  I know you did nothing for it but lol love how it made it to the finals regardless. :haha:  

2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I expected @miss denise to save rank Summerland higher. 😮

tumblr_lxkby3ggMz1qfcfn8o1_500.gif

Same. :haha:  But I get that she judged it solely for Zac's role and took Jesse out of the equation for it. :haha: 

8 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

Oh my favorite Zac Efron role, I just really like Hairspray. :haha:

6 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Yeah that would be my number two! Pretty much the only two roles I was rooting for from the sidelines :haha:

Ooh surprised at no The Greatest Showman support from you two. 😮 :haha: 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

You're doing so good so far. Better than me. :dead: But i don't mind haha.

Of course you had to be mentioned. :giggle:  I know you did nothing for it but lol love how it made it to the finals regardless. :haha:  

Same. :haha:  But I get that she judged it solely for Zac's role and took Jesse out of the equation for it. :haha: 

Thank you. ❤️ I know all the movies though, so it's fair. 😢 :haha:

I appreciate it. :giggle: I was pleasantly surprised. :wub:  

Exactly (for the most part). :teeheebounce: