The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1

sydneysam

Last to know their fate is the category that performed just last night, category mentored by

@IAN27TAY, the Final 6 of The Groups category. All groups gave it their all last night, giving us wow-worthy performanes, but only 5 will survive tonight.

For the recap of last night's show, please click the link BELOW:

Edited by anonymouskid_35

For the last time on this round, it is now time to announce on which of the Final 6 Groups will be advancing directly, and who will have to fight in the sing-offs.

In no particular order, the first group saved by the viewers is...

Fifth Harmony!

Next group saves by the public and will sing again on the next round is...

5 After Midnight!

Third group saved is none other than...

Alex & Sierra!

Last group saved and won't have to perform on tonight's sing-off is.. 

Stereo Kicks!

• Confused 1

picsart-07-10-07-04-06358.jpg

For the very last sing-offs for this 1st Round of Live Playoffs, the bottom 2 groups, Real Like You and 4th Impact, will compete. Only one will be saved by the mentors after both of their performances.

1. Real Like You
     - Song: Problem/I Can't Feel My Face (Ariana Grande/The Weeknd)

2. 4th Impact
      - Song: Work It Out (Beyoncé)

• Like 1

MENTORS COMMENTARIES AND DECISIONS

QueenMae
- 4th Impact, Okay I really think you have what it takes with your potential, but I'm not sure these songs are doing it. I think we need more than just energy but we'll see how it goes. Real Like You, Okay I think the choice was there for this song, but I just can't connect you at all I'm sorry. I think you are too inconsistent, but is there a progressive path in your future?

I have to go based on this potential and progressiveness of this group.

QueenMae saves 4th Impact

americanvoice
- Real Like You, that was.. an interesting mash up. I loved how you transitioned from Problem to ICFMF, I love your voices as a group. But, individually, I feel like there are some of you that is kind of pitchy.  4th Impact, this was miles better than your last night performance, the song choice was spot on. Your dance moves, your voices together, sounded all strong tonight. But, your performance last night was your worst so far, did you still deserve to move on after that?

The group I'm saving is the one that I think that is more ready for this show, the other group still needs few more years for them to polish their craft.

americanvoice saves 4th Impact

A-Kid
- Real Like You, there's really some rawness in you that really attracts me. Even if you're I think the most inexperienced among the groups, you know your identity as a group. But, sometimes, your rawness becomes your weakness, as you can go really off-key at times. 4th Impact, you've been so consistent all throughout the series, but last night, that was your worst so far. Both of you had your moments tonight, you each gave good performances.  

But, I think, if I'm basing it on who I think can be more consistent moving forward, there's a group that I think can do that more than the other.

A-Kid saves 4th Impact

jarmon
- You both did good tonight, you performed and proved to us that you still want to stay in this competition. 4th Impact, this was better than your past performance. Real Like You, that was an interesting song mash up of two of the biggest pop hits nowadays.

But, I'll be basing my vote on the performances tonight and last night, I will have to save the group that I think did better overall.

jarmon saves Real Like You

With a vote of 3-1, the group that got only 1 vote from 4 mentors and is eliminated from this show is...

Real Like You. Commiserations, Real Like You, but your journey on this show ends tonight. Keep believing in yourselves and honing your beautiful crafts!

• Like 1

There ya have it! Your Final 5 from each category that'll be performing for the Live Playoffs Round 2!

Do you have any favorite category and artists so far? Well let's see on how long they'll be on this show. You just never know what to expect!

Tune in at Saturday Night at 8 PM EST as we start the Round 2 of the Live Playoffs. 

• Like 1

Oh boy do I have some opinions on tonight's results... I'm going to start with my opinions on the Overs, my favorite category in this competition. 

I am happy to see that Amanda Brown, Ali Caldwell, and Joshua Ledet were part of the top four vote-getters tonight. However, IDF putting Angie Miller through was a big mistake. She had a weak (maybe even the weakest) performance that night. She wasn't going to top her past two performances, but still... I thought that @QueenMae16 and @americanvoice38 hit the nail on the head with the critique. The tempo felt very rushed, almost to the point where I couldn't feel any emotions... :/ IDF was right about putting Kymberli Joye in the bottom 2 though. Her performance that night just didn't compare to those of everyone else besides Angie. However, what IDF seriously messed up on was putting Alisan Porter in the bottom 2. I personally think she had the best performance of the night, but I guess IDF didn't agree... 😅 However, what disappoints me even more is the fact that three out of the four judges voted to save Kymberli... Sorry guys, but this made little sense... Kymberli had the worse performance on the night and tonight she delivered a performance that I would consider "too crazy," for lack of better words. @IAN27TAY claimed that Alisan's performance was boring, which I completely disagree with... :/ Even if it was boring, it was much better than the over the top performance of Kymberli that had spunk and really nothing else. Kymberli focused too much on showing attitude that her intonation started to slip. Sorry judges, but I think you guys made the wrong decision. 😕

I'll be sharing my thoughts on the boys later today or tomorrow.

Edited by Bk1234
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

However, what IDF seriously messed up on was putting Alisan Porter in the bottom 2.

I also thought for sure Alisan would be safe, and *not gonna say the name* would be in her place after a weak performance. Good comments though! I really appreciate when someone comments on my threads ❣️

• Like 2

7 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I also thought for sure Alisan would be safe, and *not gonna say the name* would be in her place after a weak performance. Good comments though! I really appreciate when someone comments on my threads ❣️

Well I’m glad you like my harsh commentary! 😅 This one won’t be too bad... 

My Opinions on the Boys

I was pleased to see that Sheldon Riley and Aydan Calafiore were part of the top four vote getters. They both really showed up with these performances. 👍 (I won’t share my favorite of the two yet... 🤔) Even though I thought that Hunter Plake and Mo Aderinan should have been in the bottom 2, I wasn’t upset to see Noah Mac and Jason Warrior in there. Hunter, Mo, Noah, and Jason all had pretty glaring issues in their performances, so it really came down to the voters’ preference. I had a feeling that Noah and Jason being in the bottom 2 would lead to a deadlock. Both of their performances were pretty average. I might’ve voted to save Jason had I been a judge, but overall, I really like Noah and I’m excited to see what he will bring in the future. 😊

Edited by Bk1234
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Well I’m glad you like my harsh commentary! 😅 This one won’t be too bad... 

My Opinions on the Boys

I was pleased to see that Sheldon Riley and Aydan Calafiore were part of the top four vote getters. They both really showed up with these performances. 👍 (I won’t share my favorite of the two yet... 🤔) Even though I thought that Hunter Plake and Mo Aderinan should have been in the bottom 2, I wasn’t upset to see Noah Mac and Jason Warrior in there. Hunter, Mo, Noah, and Jason all had pretty glaring issues in their performances, so it really came down to the voters’ preference. I had a feeling that Noah and Jason being in the bottom 2 would lead to a deadlock. Both of their performances were pretty average. I might’ve voted to save Jason had I been a judge, but overall, I really like Noah and I’m excited to see what he will bring in the future. 😊

It's actually not in any way harsh for me, I respect whatever anyone has to say here in this thread. And also, I see it more of as a comment, that'll help for the show to be better. So thanks a lot!! 😁❣️

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

It's actually not in any way harsh for me, I respect whatever anyone has to say here in this thread. And also, I see it more of as a comment, that'll help for the show to be better. So thanks a lot!! 😁❣️

Ok, so now I’m going to share my opinions on my least favorite category, Groups. (Sorry @IAN27TAY... 😅) The reason I skipped over Underdogs and Girls is because I haven’t watched all of their performances yet... 😅 

After the worst show out of all the categories, I was curious how IDF would vote. I’ll just say they got the top four vote getters partially right. Alex and Sierra and Stereo Kicks did the best out of the groups but I had a couple issues with their performances. While Fifth Harmony did enough to make the top 4 vote-getters, they NEED to step it up in order to go far. My main issue is 5 After Midnight. 5 After Midnight gave one of the worst performances of the night. There was too much focus on putting on a good show that the vocals were a disaster. I think they should’ve been in the bottom 2 instead of Real Like You. I can’t disagree with putting 4th Impact in the bottom 2. They gave the worst performance of the night. It showed that they didn’t know how to come together as a group and give everyone a chance to shine... 😕 Real Like You and 4th Impact both chose terrible songs for their performances tonight so it really came to who demonstrated the most vocal prowess. 4th Impact won easily in that department. Real Like You sounded good together, but the individual members were pitchy by themselves... :/ I wasn’t mad that they were eliminated... I’m just disappointed that 5 After Midnight wasn’t in the bottom 2... :/ 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Ok, so now I’m going to share my opinions on my least favorite category, Groups. (Sorry @IAN27TAY... 😅) The reason I skipped over Underdogs and Girls is because I haven’t watched all of their performances yet... 😅 

After the worst show out of all the categories, I was curious how IDF would vote. I’ll just say they got the top four vote getters partially right. Alex and Sierra and Stereo Kicks did the best out of the groups but I had a couple issues with their performances. While Fifth Harmony did enough to make the top 4 vote-getters, they NEED to step it up in order to go far. My main issue is 5 After Midnight. 5 After Midnight gave one of the worst performances of the night. There was too much focus on putting on a good show that the vocals were a disaster. I think they should’ve been in the bottom 2 instead of Real Like You. I can’t disagree with putting 4th Impact in the bottom 2. They gave the worst performance of the night. It showed that they didn’t know how to come together as a group and give everyone a chance to shine... 😕 Real Like You and 4th Impact both chose terrible songs for their performances tonight so it really came to who demonstrated the most vocal prowess. 4th Impact won easily in that department. Real Like You sounded good together, but the individual members were pitchy by themselves... :/ I wasn’t mad that they were eliminated... I’m just disappointed that 5 After Midnight wasn’t in the bottom 2... :/ 

omg thank you for you honest opinion😄😄 Dont worry after this week performance my category will be your favorite HAHAHAHA just kidding

• Haha 4

picsart-06-11-11-29-43.jpg

Hi and welcome back to The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1!

Last Friday night, after 5-Night long of performances from the Final 6 of each category in the Live Playoffs Round 1, we revealed on who made it through, and who did not. 4 from each category were automatically safe, while the other 2, or the Bottom 2, had to sing once again, for the mentors' votes. Each Bottom 2 artists from each category gave it their all, but in the end, only one won, and moved to the Round 2 of the Live Playoffs. In the end, one were eliminated from each category.

Tonight, we will now start the Live Playoffs Round 2 with a new theme and a new set of performances from the Final 5 of each category. Only 3 will be automatically safe on Saturday night, and the other 2 will be performing once again in the SING-OFFS, where only 1 will be moving forward to the Final Round of the Live Playoffs. Stakes are higher than ever because they're just two steps away on moving to the next level of the competition, the Live Shows, where all categories will fight for the crown of being the first winner of The Voice: Idol Factor.

Tonight, we will see performances from the category that @IAN27TAY mentors, The Groups, his category had low points last week, receiving many criticisms from the mentors, will they redeem themselves tonight? Or who will rise up to the occassion? Let's find that out tonight!

• Like 1

Everybody, let's welcome our lovely

mentors for this series.

@IAN27TAY

@QueenMae16

@americanvoice38

@anonymouskid_35

@jarmon

Let's now welcome the artists that will perform tonight, the Final 5 Groups!

5 After Midnight
Stereo Kicks
Alex & Sierra
Fifth Harmony
4th Impact

Let the Live Playoffs Round 2 BEGIN!

• Like 1