The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1

sydneysam

Fifth performance for tonight is from an artist that already won a show, but joined to prove she can do it once again. She was known as a diva, but laid it back on the Judges House, which made her mentor, jarmon, love her even more. 

5. Alisan Porter
     - Song: Deep Waters (Alisan Porter)

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Thanks 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

IAN27TAY: *claps* You know what, Alisan? I really love the richness of your voice, and this performance is one of your best for me. You just touched my soul with your singing, and your voice allured me. Overall, outstanding musicianship. 

QueenMae: Alisan we can hear your passion and wide range in your voice, I love the build-ups and how you blow us away everytime. Song choices have no limit with you, you can do country, soul, pop, etc. Well done and good luck!

americanvoice: I gotta be honest here Alisan, out of all the Final 6 Overs, you're the one I'm a little skeptical about, it's just that, sometimes, you overdo some notes. But, in this performance, and in your last one, you toned it down with the high notes, and let your beautiful low notes shine through, and that alon impresses me. You deserve to be here Alisan! Just be consistent, and always remember, keep it simple yet stand out always.

A-Kid: The fact that, that was your original song, impresses me as a mentor. You just sang a song tonight, that not only fitted the theme, but also showcased on who you really are as an artist, I have  shown so much identity as a singer, from you tonight. Keep it up, Alisan!

jarmon: *standing ovation crying and claps and smiles* YOU BETTA SANG ALISAN! I much prefer when you do these slower songs that when you sing the more upbeat performances. Your voice is such a storyteller kind of voice and you excel on these types of songs. This was a beautiful showcase of your voice. You made me proud tonight. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Closing out this category's Live Playoffs Round 1 was an artist that became a fan favorite after previously joining already 2 television singing competitions, were both shows had the same results for her. She had been consistent from the very start, which made her mentor, jarmon, love her since the start.

6. Ali Caldwell
     - Song: Times Have Changed (Irma Thomas)

• Thanks 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

IAN27TAY: *STANDS AND THROWS A SHOE* I really like the way you started the song with those whistle notes, Ali. You really are a superstar, the control of your voice is on point, and I really like your outfit. Overall, what a fantastic performance and a very good ending for tonight's show. 

QueenMae: Ali you just continue to show why you are a force to be reckoned with! The control, the precision, the power is just phnemonial like please just teach us your skills. I also thought the song choice was perfect for you to show your soul into it. Well done Ali.

americanvoice: *standing ovation* Mygod Ali! You've shown your retro (kinda thing) side today, you've just turned an old classic Irma Thomas song into your own version! That's just unbelievable. I knew from the very first note that you'll slay this performance, as you always do, but you surprised me with such whistle notes that you did at the start, that was just impressive. And that moment, when you grabbed the mic stand, you came to slay! You're going far on this, I'm sure of it. 

A-Kid: *standing ovation and throws a shoe* You betta sing Ali! This is the only time that I stood up for tonight, maybe because I thought, I'm looking for something MORE, since it's already Live Rounds, come on guys! STEP IT UP. You just gave me that MORE Ali.  You gave us your soul in that performance. Keep doing that, and I can see you easily being on the Finale. Goodluck my girl!

jarmon: *STANDING OVATION THROWING SHOES AND EVERYTHING IN SIGHT* MY GOD ALI!  YOU DID THAT! Firstly, those whistle notes? YUS! Secondly, those effortless runs? YUS! Thirdly, that soulful voice? BIG YUS! Long story short, your BEST performance of the season so far without a doubt!

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

picsart-07-05-08-44-37.jpg

!! VOTING LINE IS NOW OFFICIALLY OPEN !!

This series' voting will be different. You can only vote ONCE PER IDF ACCOUNT. But, you can also vote using up to 3 LEGIT E-MAILS (if you have 3). So it means, if you have 3 E-MAILS and an IDF ACCOUNT, you can have a total of 4 VOTES.  

How will you vote? Simply click the link BELOW. Then, in the link, you'll see the name of each artists per number. In each name, you'll see a drop-down list with 6 points up until 1 point. You'll have to rank the artists based on their performances tonight. You can only give ONE ARTIST a 6 POINTS, ONE with 5 POINTS, so on, and so forth. Voting lines will CLOSE at 7:30 PM EST.

WARNING! If you gave 2 or more artists the same points, I will disregard your votes, so make sure to give one artist only one.

For a recap of tonight's show, here it is:

1. Amanda Brown

- Song: Paris (Ooh La La) (Grace Potter & The Nocturnals)

2. Kymberli Joye
     - Song: Diamonds (Rihanna)

3. Joshua Ledet
     - Song: I Believe (Fantasia)

4. Angie Miller
     - Song: I Was Here (Beyoncé)

5. Alisan Porter
     - Song: Deep Waters (Alisan Porter)

6. Ali Caldwell
     - Song: Times Have Changed (Irma Thomas)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

picsart-07-06-07-37-31.jpg

!! VOTING LINE (FOR OVER 25's) IS NOW OFFICIALLY CLOSED !! 

Tune in at 8 PM EST as the Final 6 of  The Boys category takes the stage and continues the Live Playoffs Round 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Live-Playoffs.png

Hello and welcome back to The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1!

Last night, we saw how the Final 6 of The Over 25's , mentored by @jarmon, started the Live Playoffs Round 1. They gave it their best and fought it out hard to have an appeal to the public to vote them to the next round of the Live Playoffs. Some were criticized last night, and some were hugely praised. But, in the end, only 5 of them will advance based on last night's voting results, which we will found out on Thursday Night.

Tonight, we'll see how the Final 6 of The Boys category that is mentored by me, @anonymouskid_35. Will they give stellar performances? Or will be they also criticized tonight like last night? Let's find that out!

• Thanks 1

Everybody let's welcome our lovely

mentors for this series.

@IAN27TAY

@QueenMae16

@americanvoice38

@anonymouskid_35

@jarmon

Let's now welcome the artists that will perform tonight, the Final 6 Boys!

Hunter Plake
Jason Warrior
Mo Aderinan
Sheldon Riley
Noah Mac
Aydan Calafiore

Let the Live Playoffs Round 1 BEGIN!

• Thanks 3

The theme for the Live Playoffs Round 1 is..

picsart-07-04-10-08-35.jpg

This theme will showcase who they truly are as an artist, giving them a chance to pick the song that shows what they really want to portray as an artist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First artist to perform for tonight and for the audience's votes is a boy that came from The Voice. Throughout the show, he had shown us his originality as an artist, putting his own spin on classic songs that he sing. He captured his mentor's heart which made him the last boy earning that spot in the Live Playoffs.

1. Hunter Plake
     - Song: Higher Love (Steve Winwood)

• Thanks 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

IAN27TAY: *claps* Hunter, first of all, I would like to congratulate you for getting this far. This performance is not what I was expecting from you, I gotta be honest, it's a bit boring. I also think you played it a bit safe tonight. But, I really like how you give justice to this song, the high notes are just ok for me, and the transition of your voice from low to high, high to low, for me, is one of the factors that stood out on your performance tonight. Overall, you have given a tremendous performance tonight. You're truly a performer, Hunter.

QueenMae: Whoa Hunter, I love this original and upbeat side to your voice! usually you go into that Alt-Rock Ballad lane, but you just spiced it up with that performance, I really felt at your own concert, but the vocals never faltered. Well done once again, and good luck in the votes!

americanvoice: Mygod, this song is a big song, Hunter! And you gave it your best to give justice to that song. I love how you tried to show a different side of you, a contemporary singer. I do love how you made this song again your own. But for me, even though I love you since the start, there's something lacking in this performance, there was some off moments, it also is too breath-y performance. 

jarmon: *standing ovation* Oh, Hunter! You just have this natural talent where once you sing a song, you make it your own and I always love your versions. You really know how to emote a song well. But I do have to say specifically to this performance, I did notice some parts where your voice faltered and was a little underwhelming but overall a fantastic job!

giphy.gif

A-Kid: Hunter, I'm so proud of you. As your mentor, I am really pleased at what I saw tonight, I took the risk on giving you a big song to sing, so that you can make them see a different side of yours. But, I gotta agree with the other judges, I felt like, tonight, you got lost on the breathing control a little bit, making the notes sound whisper-ish or breath-ish. That can be workable however, and I know you can do so much more with your stellar voice, I'm just proud of you.

• Thanks 1

Next to perform for tonight is an artist that already joined 2 television singing competitions, and looking determined to go far in this competition. He pours his heart and soul everytime he sings, which impressed many viewers, especially his mentor.

2. Jason Warrior
     - Song: Love on the Brain (Rihanna)

• Like 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

IAN27TAY: *CLAPS AND STANDS* Jason, you always slay your performance every single time! I really love the tone of your voice, and how you start this song so strong. You know when to use the power, and that is the best part of your performances. You really are a warrior, you are fighting for your dreams. Overall, your performance tonight is really brilliant and lively. 

QueenMae: Jason imma need you to slay child cause like honey..... You know you can sing, we know you can sing, now you just needed to let the wall break and you have DONE THAT! Seriously Jason you are amazing and I just want to hear more from you, honestly.

americanvoice: Jason, honey, I will be honest. Everytime you perform on stage, I felt disconnected to you and your song. I love the passion you bring when you sing but I think it is just all too much? It started with the high point and it just stayed there, in order to give us an amazing performance, you have to give us the lows and the highs. If you ever made it forward, please just tone it down a little. We need your vulnerable side.

jarmon: *claps* Jason, you know how to put on a show and truly perform! But the downside to that, is that you oversing! Like sometimes I would much prefer a clean vocal performance than trying to do too many vocal tricks. This some nice moments though but be careful of oversinging.

A-Kid: Jason, you're a really passionate and hard working singer and artist. I really can see how you want to go far in this competition so bad. Your voice is just undeniably good, and powerful, and soulful! But, I have to agree with the other mentors, I felt like you have always the tendency to oversing some songs because of your emotions. I've already advised you to take control of your emotions when performing, as it can make you oversing or falter in a performance, I think you're working on that. Giving you this song tonight was a no brainer, because I knew you can do it! Just have more control Jason, you're getting there.

• Like 1

Third performance for tonight is from an artist that intrigued many from the very start with his roughly good and unique voice. He gave an outstanding performance on the past few rounds, making him a favorite on this competition.

3. Mo Aderinan
     - Song: Don't You Worry Child (Swedish House Mafia)

• Thanks 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

IAN27TAY: *claps and stands* Mo, you are a monstrous performer, you really did that! You maintained the eye contact with your audience, and that just showed how confident you are as an artist. What I loved on your performance tonight was that you really showed who you are as an artist, but i think there is a lack of voice control in you when you reach for the high notes, and sometimes its not really necessary to go for it. Overall, this is a fun performance from you.

QueenMae: Mo you are just a passionate artist with such a break in your vocals that has us, the audience, listening to your every word, every note. I loved the performance and the connection you bring to it, I wish you the best hun.

americanvoice: Mo! What a spectacular performance from you, I think this song was not the type of song that I would expect you to sing, but man, you just pulled that through. From the very start, your voice was the most intriguing in your category for me. It's just you know your voice too much, that you just put your own flavor to the songs that you're singing. I gotta agree with jarmon though, I felt it was a bit of a letdown after your Unsteady performance, because the ending was a beat scream-ish for me. But overall, you're one of my faves, hope you make it to the next round.

jarmon: Hmmm....I love this song but I don't think this song choice was right for you. Like I just felt like something was missing? It just felt off for me. I normally love your voice but I feel this performance did your voice an injustice. I want the Mo who sang "Unsteady" and gave me chills back!

A-Kid: For the first time, I think I am disagreeing with the other mentors, I think this was not a letdown after your Unsteady performance. This was just another typically amazing Mo performance. It might not as be as perfect technically as the past of your performances, but I just loved how you handled that song in your way. It got a little scream-ish at the end, but for me, it's just fine. Because, the other part of your performance tonight was just so captivating. Way to go, Mo!

• Thanks 1

Next to perform for tonight is from an artist that is an all-star in the last competition he joined in. He was a favorite back then because of his insanely good and deep voice. He had been a consistent performer on this competition, giving unforgettable performances every single time he steps onto the stage.

4. Sheldon Riley
     - Song: Everybody Wants To Rule the World (Tears for Fears)

• Thanks 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

IAN27TAY: *CLAPS AND STANDS THE WHOLE PERFORMANCE* SHELDON!! OH. MY. GOD. This performance is one of the best performances of yours. You just showed us tonight how good you are as an artist and performer. I really love your voice control, the low and high notes is on point. Overall, you have a booming voice, and you really can depict your character through your voice. 

QueenMae: Sheldon I really think you are just the perfect mix of stardom and musical theatre vocalist! I mean that as a compliment, you really are in your performances, but you don't lack at all with your unique artistry, this really was amazing. Song choice on point as well, you should be proud my friend.

americanvoice: *standing ovation and throws a shoe* WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED SHELDON?! That was so far, the best performance tonight. You just brought all the drama, feels, and connection to that song. I never knew that, that song can be sang the way you sang it. You just let your voice shine tonight, you did not held back darling, I love it! This was also your best performance so far in this competition, keep doing this, and it won't be hard to see you in this category's Final 3. Goodluck Sheldon!

jarmon: *standing ovation* PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGHT, POINT, BLANK & PERIOD!

giphy.gif

A-Kid: *standing ovation* Wow, Sheldon! You surprised me a lot! You're honestly one of the artists that I don't expect too much about since you've already proven yourself here, but, man, wow. I'm just so proud of you tonight, as your mentor. This is by far the best performance tonight, from the staging, to your voice, to the emotions of yours. It's just a complete PERFECTION. You took my advice well to break your walls, you just let your voice shine tonight. You're just so special darling!

• Thanks 1

Next to perform for tonight is an artist that was one of the semi-finalists on the competition that he last joined. He became a favorite here in IDF because of his indie-pop deep voice. He consistently picks good song to perform that suits his voice well, leaving the viewers, especially his mentor, wanting for more performances from him.

5. Noah Mac
     - Song: Sign of the Times (Harry Styles)

• Thanks 1