The Challenge: Reality Royalty Rankdown (CHAMPION ON PAGE 169!)

JC

4 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Road Rules and The Real World. Miss the glory days so much. 🤎

Yes us oldies still remember the days when the format was so much better. I loved Road Rules so much.

Also @Deeee when can we request a second artist for your musician rankdown? I want to be nostalgic and request NSync #glorydays

Edited by JC

4 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

I thought Ashley was gonna be nominated but nope was just a gif of her 😂

Lmaoo. :dead: 

I'm trying to use different gifs of various The Challenge alums for my nominations. :haha: 

2 hours ago, JC said:

LMAO How old are you @Alex95

He's a baby. Although I seee he has answered this question. :haha: 

2 hours ago, Deeee said:

Road Rules and The Real World. Miss the glory days so much. 🤎

Aww I miss those shows - moreso The Real World as I never really watched much of Road Rules. :haha: 

2 hours ago, JC said:

baby GIF

Although I'm perpetually 21 so I'm younger ❤️ 

LOLOL YOU still out here lying about your age. :dead: 

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

LOLOL YOU still out here lying about your age. :dead: 

You're like my husband, no matter how old I get, you'll always be older :hug:

That's why I love you so much ❤️ 

Shawn Sealy (Road Rules: Semester at Sea)

340?cb=20150728180701

This is going to be a barebones write-up, but Shawn is just not a major character in the history of this franchise. He was the least interesting cast member on his season of Road Rules, and appeared on only one season of The Challenge. On his season of Road Rules, Veronica, Ayanna, Pua, and Yes were all far more interesting cast members than him. His only appearance on The Challenge was Battle of the Sexes 2, which has one of the most stacked casts of all-time. Shawn gets lost in the shuffle of that season and finds himself the sixth guy eliminated from the show. There is not much more to say about him. However, in 2018, he reunited with most of his Road Rules cast for a 20-year reunion cruise, which is really cool. This is a very fair cut at this point.

SAVING: Colie Edison

Angela Trimbur (Road Rules: X-Treme)

tumblr_mjs2nxwyT01qcsesho1_500.gif

I love Angela Trimbur!!!!!!! A very underrated cast member who brought all the drama to the show. This is not a cut I want to make, but Gladys is also a legend that I want to give a decent shot at surviving just a bit longer. Though I imagine she gets cut in favor of Derek + Melinda, so this might be for nothing. I also think had I cut Gladys, Angela would be cut in favor of the other two bland people. So at least I get to highlight the very interesting cast member that is Angela.

She made her first appearance on Road Rules: X-Treme as the replacement for Kina. She has a pretty rough time this season. Upon her arrival, she immediately catches the attention of both Derrick and Patrick, but she denies them because she has a serious boyfriend at home. Growing up a pretty devout Jehovah's Witness, Angela is pretty out of of her element amongst one of the more rowdy casts of the series. Angela labels them as frat/sorority people, which earns the ire of her cast mates. Angela feels really out of place and questions her decision to join the show, but is comforted by Patrick. This sparks a connection between the two. She begins to grow closer to Patrick, but is quickly threatened by the arrival of Jillian to the cast. Angela is annoyed by Jillian's presence and complains about her young age during the mission, which annoys Patrick. Angela jeopardizes the Tango mission for the team, but Patrick + Jillian manage to capture the win for the group. The obvious sexual tension between Patrick + Jillian angers Angela, especially after the formers have sex. 

Angela becomes really, really negative and spends her entire time complaining about Jillian. She begins to express her homesickness and desire to leave the show, and attempts to throw the mission so that the group will vote her out of the competition. Luckily, the group manages to succeed and proceed to call her out for her terrible attitude. Angela has a breakdown, but manages to be cheered up by Derrick who motivates her to stay in the game. Nick also manages to talk to Angela and asks her to give Jillian a chance. She lets her guard down and talks out her issues with Jillian in order to move forward.

Angela shows a better side of herself when she discusses Derrick's abuse of drugs and alcohol with him and provides a listening ear. Angela gives Derrick advice to try and get him to make better decisions. We also see her have a breakdown after Tina destroys her in the cast face-off boxing match. Poor thing. LOL. But these humanizing moments are short-lived as Angela returns to being very negative about being on Road Rules. The cast becomes fed up with her behavior, which leads her to have an argument with Derrick over her negativity. 

Luckily, she redeems herself in the acting challenge. Angela wants to be an actress, a dream which would come true for her, and her skills allow her to help her team achieve the win for that mission. Angela is happy at the success of this challenge, which improves her attitude in the final few weeks of the competition. Despite almost failing in the final mission of the season, Angela pulls off the task and celebrates the win!

Despite the happy ending she experienced at the end of her Road Rules season, Angela did not have a good time on Battle of the Sexes 2, her one and only Challenge appearance. Nobody liked Angela. LOL. Besides Frank. She definitely flirted with Frank. But she was completely ostracized both in the house and in the competition. Angela was basically worthless as a competitor, which actually caused some pretty LULZY moments where she would attempt to step up, but then back out from being a Team Leader. Both because she was actually clueless/worthless in the game and to avoid being sent home because nobody cared for her. Angela once again felt like she did not belong in the house, feeling like she was too nice for this competition and not angry enough to fight for the win. Angela's presence alone was pissing off the entire women's side of the house, and everything came to a head when the Inner Circle decided to vote off Cynthia instead of Angela. I definitely felt bad for Angela, since I thought she was just unfairly targeted for being different and being a bit shy. Angela never put a foot wrong in the competition. Angela never treated anybody poorly. She was just eaten alive by a pack of wolves. Her exit speech was iconic though. 🤎

Ever since then, Angela has worked as an actor! Unfortunately, she was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2018 and is still in treatment. I really like Angela, and I hope she kicks cancer's ass. 

SAVING: Dan Walsh

Edited by Deeee

Gladys Sanabria

260?cb=20150819001842

You see that picture of Gladys? That is me trying to figure out who the hell she is. :dead: It's my favorite time again. Write-ups for The Challenge: Reality Royalty Rankdown. NOT. :giggle:I love you, @JC. Gladys Sanabria was a contestant from Road Rules: Latin America and she competed on Battle of the Sexes. Road Rules: Latin America premiered all the way back in 1999. Battles of the Sexes premiered on 2002 - 2003. Gladys won 2 challenges during her time on The Challenge and then was eliminated. Gladys was the first contestant to compete on a Challenge season while pregnant. She was followed by Robin Hibbard and Melissa Reeves. Unless the other two though, Gladys was aware that she was pregnant. Gladys on competed on one challenge so this write-up is over! Yay!

Eric Jones

latest?cb=20150819001337

I can't tell from this old picture if Eric Jones is hot or not. Is he considered hot for 2002 standards? I'm too lazy to lookup another picture of him. :giggle:Eric Jones was a contestant from Road Rules: Campus Crawl. Road Rules: Campus Crawl premiered on MTV in 2002 and although I don't remember him at all, I do remember some other names in the cast. Darrell Taylor, Sarah Greyson, Shane Landrum and Rachel Robinson are all people I recognize by name alone. Eric Jones competed on Battle of the Sexes and only one challenge according to his The Challenge Wiki. Eric was the third male to leave Battles of the Sexes. See ya, Eric. :kissbye:

1 hour ago, 1234567890 said:

Eric Jones

latest?cb=20150819001337

I can't tell from this old picture if Eric Jones is hot or not. Is he considered hot for 2002 standards? I'm too lazy to lookup another picture of him. :giggle:Eric Jones was a contestant from Road Rules: Campus Crawl. Road Rules: Campus Crawl premiered on MTV in 2002 and although I don't remember him at all, I do remember some other names in the cast. Darrell Taylor, Sarah Greyson, Shane Landrum and Rachel Robinson are all people I recognize by name alone. Eric Jones competed on Battle of the Sexes and only one challenge according to his The Challenge Wiki. Eric was the third male to leave Battles of the Sexes. See ya, Eric. :kissbye:

Omgod im dying, I literally remembering thinking he was the hottest thing back in the day but I was watching campus crawl last night and was like why did I find him hot lolol 

2 minutes ago, JC said:

Omgod im dying, I literally remembering thinking he was the hottest thing back in the day but I was watching campus crawl last night and was like why did I find him hot lolol 

Darrell + Shane are hotter than Eric. I am glad you have seen the light. LOL.